****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Withdrew interview spot for 1/22/16! I hope someone here gets it!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Have the last 2 interview invitations already been sent out?

Is this fb group like a student-only one? Bc I called UM admissions Monday and they said the fb group hadn't been made yet and it sounds like they make one and formally invite everyone through email. But I'd understand if we have a student-only group as well ;)

...and I am def looking for a roommate (also in dent) asap for next year

Members don't see this ad :)
Did UM send out post-dec interview already?

What's the max amount? (If you don't mind me asking).

I have no idea what the range of amounts (or maximum) is that they give out. All I know is that I was offered $10,000 per year.

Reactions: 1 users
Was just invited for an interview on 1/22. Does anyone have an idea how many seats are left? Thanks!

Whens the next round of acceptances? Interviewed end of November and still haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting to hear from some schools is frustrating...I have not heard from Michigan, but they require sociology and I don't want to take it unless I have a chance of getting admitted/an interview -__-

Interview!

Notification date: 12/22/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 1/22/16
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/5/15
GPA: 3.73 science/3.70 BCP/3.82 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/none

Interview! Notified today. Scheduled for 1/22. 7/31 mail out. In state.

3.5 gpa. 25aa

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
^Thanks! Quite the christmas present for us.

I haven't taken a sociology class, and feel like I at least have to enroll in one for a spring semester...Anybody in a similar situation (waitlist, pending interviews)?

Congrats. May I ask your AADSAS mail out date and your stats please.
Sure!! I am first batch. I got an email back in October that they liked my application but waiting for my fall grades. I sent them the grades and got the invitation today. sGPA 3.4, DAT 20 in everything.

Sure!! I am first batch. I got an email back in October that they liked my application but waiting for my fall grades. I sent them the grades and got the invitation today. sGPA 3.4, DAT 20 in everything.
Thank you and good luck with your interview.

^Thanks! Quite the christmas present for us.

I haven't taken a sociology class, and feel like I at least have to enroll in one for a spring semester...Anybody in a similar situation (waitlist, pending interviews)?

Same situation. Didn't want to take it unless Michigan invited me.

Hunting for an online course... if I add more credits my tuition will jump dramatically because I'll be full-time. We'll see how things go. If anyone has suggestions, let me know!

I called them about a week ago and they said that the next round of decisions should be the beginning of January so I'm hoping next week the next batch (that interviewed end of November onwards) will find out...

I called them about a week ago and they said that the next round of decisions should be the beginning of January so I'm hoping next week the next batch (that interviewed end of November onwards) will find out...
Really? I hope so. I called about a month ago and they said that the admissions committee meets again in the beginning of January and then decisions are sent out towards the end of January.

Reactions: 2 users
I was looking at this one! Thanks. I might call Michigan and ask if they would accept it before I go through with it :O
Did you ever end up speaking with the admissions committee about taking courses through here? Does anyone know if they have a problem with online classes?

This looks perfect. I will call them up and make sure this will do. Thanks

What did you hear back? From what I gathered we can take this class at our own pace and don't have to register/finish at a specific time?

anyone know what the chances are for acceptance if you have a post december interview? or how soon you would find out? January 22nd interview!!

So I applied on 9/11/15 and my mail out date was not until 10/09/15. I paid the secondary fee on 10/14/15 and received an email on 10/30/15 saying they had finished processing my app and it would be made available to the admissions committee. I have not heard from them since and the school does not show up on my adea portal under school decisions, does anyone know if they just don't update the portal or should I call them to make sure?

anyone know what the chances are for acceptance if you have a post december interview? or how soon you would find out? January 22nd interview!!

ive heard we have the same chances as pre-december!

and also, I heard back from the committee about the sociology class from byu and they said that it will count towards the requirement

What did you hear back? From what I gathered we can take this class at our own pace and don't have to register/finish at a specific time?

I didn't end up contacting them. Doing mine through BYU. You have a year to finish it through BYU, although obviously you have to finish the the class before you enroll at Michigan. I'm going to try to finish the class on pace with my other classes this semester.

I didn't end up contacting them. Doing mine through BYU. You have a year to finish it through BYU, although obviously you have to finish the the class before you enroll at Michigan. I'm going to try to finish the class on pace with my other classes this semester.
i plan to play a game of chicken with this course and my hopeful acceptance. no reason to waste 600+ bucks. please update the thread with some info about the class!

Does anyone know if they are still sending interview invitations out?

Is there another interview date besides the 1/22 date?

Interview on 1/29. See you guys there!

Status
Not open for further replies.