***The Official University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview/Acceptance Thread 2019***

nooo i have no call yet...

darn
+pity++pity++pity++pity++pity++pity+

oh yeah and congrats to you both :hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, has anyone that interviewed before December been accepted in the second round?

Got the class this morning! Congrats everyone :) my person told me there were only 23 spots for post December interviews. I interviewed on Jan 23rd!

Reactions: 1 user
got a call from a 734 # but it was CVS :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
Stop making me nervous lol.

I've been holding my phone close all week, and everytime I feel it vibrate I look.. just to be disapointed.

has anyone been brave enough to call and see what no news means at this point?

I'm probably a blocked caller by now ;) jk but no I haven't I figured I wait till the end of the week.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone been brave enough to call and see what no news means at this point?

Nope. I'm quite curious though. Raise your hand if you're surprised you haven't received a rejection at this point…
*raises hand*

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted!
Interview might not have gone as well as I thought then :eek:.
oh well, there's still a chance, though! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
*Edit

Rejected

Those that were selected for the waitlist have been been emailed. Those of us that have been rejected will receive emails later today. :dead:

Last edited:
So you're saying that if someone has yet to hear anything they'll be rejected? Great.

*Edit

Rejected

Those that were selected for the waitlist have been been emailed. Those of us that have been rejected will receive emails later today. :dead:
Maybe our emails got lost or they just can't find our phone numbers

They are in the process of sending out rejections to those of us that interviewed and haven't hear anything back yet.

They are in the process of sending out rejections to those of us that interviewed and haven't hear anything back yet.
I'm assuming you called and asked then?

Yes, just give your AADSAS number and you'll know within a minute

Still haven't heard anything...

Last edited:
Wait listed! Not unhappy with this - at least there is still hope :)
Anyone have any idea what the chances are of getting an acceptance at this stage of the game?

I was denied as well, interview 10/31. Best part is..... I got into their rivals, which I have an even slimmer chance of getting into roughly 1/110 people accepted are from Michigan. I don't really understand it, but hey whatever i'm lucky as is, and now I can hold a grudge haha.

I was denied as well, interview 10/31. Best part is..... I got into their rivals, which I have an even slimmer chance of getting into roughly 1/110 people accepted are from Michigan. I don't really understand it, but hey whatever i'm lucky as is, and now I can hold a grudge haha.
what school?

Ohio State, Their arch nemisis

Wait listed! Not unhappy with this - at least there is still hope :)
Anyone have any idea what the chances are of getting an acceptance at this stage of the game?
I'm wait listed as well and I'd like to know this too. Apparently Charlie couldn't reveal how many people were on the wait list. Good luck

I'm wait listed as well and I'd like to know this too. Apparently Charlie couldn't reveal how many people were on the wait list. Good luck

I looked under last year's thread for UM and the big acceptance thread, and from the little info that was there it sounds like about 40 are waitlisted, and it moves slowly.

If I recall correctly from my interview in November, on average about 6-7 people from the waitlist matriculate.

I will be giving up my seat at UMich very soon, got into my state school, so good luck to those on the wait list!!

Gave us my seat today (OOS). So hard saying no to such an amazing school. Really hope it helps somebody in here out!

Do they replace an OOS student with another OOS student from the waitlist or would they take in state as well?

Anyone have advice for someone who has been waitlisted at michigan?

Anyone have advice for someone who has been waitlisted at michigan?
I'd say that waiting is a good idea. Otherwise videogames and books are good too. But honestly nothing to do at this point.

Can anyone confirm whether this page: http://www.dent.umich.edu/admissions/internationally-trained-dentist-program/tuition-fees is accurate for first year tuition? Why is Winter term 2015 listed twice?
No that schedule is for the international students... That's why winter is listed twice. For regular DDS, you should be looking at http://www.finaid.umich.edu/Home/HowtoApplyforAid/DentalDDSStudents.aspx#cost for a better estimate.. Obviously it might be a little more with the regular tuition increases.

got accepted off the wait list friday, but turned down the spot today. hope that helps someone out!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just sent in my official withdrawal from the class. Hope this helps someone!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have the information of costs broken down by semester?? I can only find it by year.
This is the break down for the 2015-2016 instate student. For out of state add about 16-20K to the tuition per year.
Ob9ZVxX

http://imgur.com/Ob9ZVxX

Anyone got off the waiting list? The wait is killing me lol

Accepted to the University of Michigan recently.
Accepting the offer!
GPA 3.5 DAT 21
OOS.