***The Official University of Michigan School of Dentistry Interview/Acceptance Thread 2019***

Accepted to the University of Michigan recently.
Accepting the offer!
GPA 3.5 DAT 21
OOS.

Congrats and well deserved! I hope I receive an offer soon. Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, future Wolverines. I am an incoming D1 who went through the application process in this cycle. I am posting this to help people who will be applying in the upcoming cycle (Starting 6/1/2015!). I will provide a general time table and information about the school's application process.
According to the class profile on UMich's page, the school accepts around 60% In-staters and 40% Out-of-staters, which is very good ratio for OOS students. And there are also a few international students. (In total, there are 108 students in Class of 2018).
Once applied to the school, the school only invites 300 interviewers, divided into 10 different days. The school interviews 30 candidates per session on every Friday, starting in late September. The interview is MMI in which there are 10 different interviewees. This year, the first interview date was 9/26, Friday. I believe there are 8 pre-dec interviews and 2 post-dec interviews.
Around mid-February, the school sends out waitlist emails which does not provide where you stand on the list. If you confirm the waitlist email, you can hear back anytime from late February to mid-June (The school starts on 6/22 this year).
I have met people who even got accepted about 2 weeks before the school started, so the wait can be exhausting, but do not lose hope even if you are put on the waitlist.
For acceptance, you will get a personal phone call from the admissions. :)

I think this pretty much sums up Umich's dental school application process. I apologize in advance if any of the information I provided is wrong or misleading.

Hope this helps, and Go Blue!

source:
http://www.dent.umich.edu/admissions/dds/dds-entering-class-student-profile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist is moving! just got off :wow:

Reactions: 4 users
For the summer - The Courtyards

For the fall/winter terms at Munger

I am subleasing for the summer months at the courtyards. Munger is currently in the process of being built (if not finishing up by now). You can apply online for Munger. It is nice because it is a 5 minute walk to the dental school and it is only for graduate students.

Are you on the fb page? If you're looking for a sublease for the summer, I know there are a lot of people looking for subleasers on the page!

Is there anyone in this thread that did not take the pre-reqs psychology & sociology and still got accepted and or got an interview?

Is there anyone in this thread that did not take the pre-reqs psychology & sociology and still got accepted and or got an interview?

As long as you finish the pre-reqs in either the fall or spring you will be fine. You may receive an acceptance but you will be required to fulfill the pre-reqs before matriculation.

Reactions: 1 user
HI GUYS! i Have an interview at this school this friday, does anyone who was accepted into this school have any suggestions on how to prepare?? THIS IS MY NUMBER ONE so I really want to make sure I do well!! thanks so much in advance :)

HI GUYS! i Have an interview at this school this friday, does anyone who was accepted into this school have any suggestions on how to prepare?? THIS IS MY NUMBER ONE so I really want to make sure I do well!! thanks so much in advance :)
Do you mind sharing your stats/in or out of state?

Anyone from batch 7 or later received an interview?
Please share your stats and AADSAS mail out date.
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, Does anyone know someone who has or is doing the DPP (Dental Postgraduate Program) at the University of Michigan? I really need help knowing about the program