**The Official University of Minnesota Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

hellofuturedentists

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure no one has made this yet (if someone has, then please disregard this and direct me to the other thread :))
Otherwise, good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you done the diversity essay yet? 6000 characters is longer than a personal statement!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been putting it off but should probably do it. These supplementals for schools are taking forever! :eek:

Seriously. I'm so proud of myself for saving the longest for last haha

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck you guys the school is great and the supplemental is really long! Also just because there is a 6000 character limit doesn't mean you need to get anywhere close to it. My diversity statement was shorter than my personal.

Good luck you guys the school is great and the supplemental is really long! Also just because there is a 6000 character limit doesn't mean you need to get anywhere close to it. My diversity statement was shorter than my personal.
Thanks! I figured they wouldn't want exactly 6000 characters. Not sure if anyone is that diverse haha. It just caught me off guard because the other supplementals I've been getting seeing to want much much less.

Shucks. My statement was at the upper end of the character limit. I guess I'm really diverse/enjoy writing secondary application essays.

Shucks. My statement was at the upper end of the character limit. I guess I'm really diverse/enjoy writing secondary application essays.
Hahaha well that's good you have a lot to say! I haven't written mine yet so I guess I can't really talk

I have been putting this off for weeks. I'm going to start it when I finish my finals.

This supplemental is killing me!! I feel like all of the essays are basically asking the same thing o_O. Can anyone share how they put in a scholarship under activities/honors?

This supplemental is killing me!! I feel like all of the essays are basically asking the same thing o_O. Can anyone share how they put in a scholarship under activities/honors?
Ya I wasn't sure about that... I just put 1 hour a week and total 1 hour haha I figured they would understand. I was going to start calculating, but it came out to be many thousands of hours... haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody get an interview invite yet? They started sending them out July 31st last year if I remember correctly.

I still haven't sent in my supplemental
Haha don't worry I got an interview invite last year from them in November. They don't start interviewing until September anyway so there is no rush. Had a friend submit his sup last year in late august and got an interview invite for Late September/Early October within a couple of weeks.

Haha don't worry I got an interview invite last year from them in November. They don't start interviewing until September anyway so there is no rush. Had a friend submit his sup last year in late august and got an interview invite for Late September/Early October within a couple of weeks.

Ahh that's so relieving to hear! These essays are killing me man!

Yeah they take forever. Makes me feel like they truly care about us though and want to make sure we are a good fit for the school. Also hopefully you don't have to reapply like I did because writing the re-applicant essay was a lot of extra work also.

I am still working on that beast. All I have left are two more of the essays. This is the longest supplemental ever. I wonder how many people actually complete it?

I finished mine a while ago and haven't heard anything. I'm hoping people decide not to complete it and the pool of applicants shrinks so they give me an interview :)

(you guys should all give up on the essays and not apply here)

Got an "under review" email about an hour ago. Almost had a heart attack because I thought it was an interview or a rejection but maybe that means they're close?

Got an "under review" email about an hour ago. Almost had a heart attack because I thought it was an interview or a rejection but maybe that means they're close?
Emailed today and they said they are a few weeks out from interview invites.

Haha did the same for me! They sent out interviews on July 31st last year so I was stressing!

Was the email just saying everything is in and you are currently under review now? Just making sure mine is the same and that nothing new has been sent out!

Was the email just saying everything is in and you are currently under review now? Just making sure mine is the same and that nothing new has been sent out!

This!
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 7.32.59 PM.png

Jn

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Haha thank you! :) I submitted my AADSAS application 7/2, and the supplemental on 7/14 I think. What about you?
I submitted the same day lol. I got an under review email the other day. Maybe they didn't like me :( I did finish the supplemental a little later in July. Oh well.

But congrats to you though!! I'm sure it's well deserved!

I submitted the same day lol. I got an under review email the other day. Maybe they didn't like me :( I did finish the supplemental a little later in July. Oh well.

But congrats to you though!! I'm sure it's well deserved!

I'm still waiting on mine so don't give up hope!

Oh man..I still haven't submitted my supplemental

Thanks! I know it's still pretty early. I'm from pretty far away from Minnesota so I hope they don't just automatically think I don't want to go because I totally do!

I'm OOS as well and I know they being a public school look at in state applicants first. I got everything verified June 30th so don't worry too much! Looking at last year's thread it seems as though they spread out giving out interviews for a couple months and on random days.

Oh man..I still haven't submitted my supplemental
So at least you don't feel bad about not getting an interview yet!
I'm OOS as well and I know they being a public school look at in state applicants first. I got everything verified June 30th so don't worry too much! Looking at last year's thread it seems as though they spread out giving out interviews for a couple months and on random days.
Ok hopefully they've only done instate so far! I tried pretty hard on that supplemental haha

Ok hopefully they've only done instate so far! I tried pretty hard on that supplemental haha

Yes, same here. That supplemental was for sure a long one to complete. They increased their class size from 100 to 110 this year so we a have better chance!

I know but I'm disappointed with myself for being slow as a snail

Man everyone is so nice on this thread. I love it. Yay Minnesota!!

Gotta love Minnesota nice! Also I guess I can disregard the email I got saying they will wait a few weeks before sending interviews.

Patiently waiting to hear from UMN as well. From what I have heard the class size increase has not coincided with an increase in chairs/etc. AKA it sounded like they are trying to just pack more students into the same space. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. :)

Patiently waiting to hear from UMN as well. From what I have heard the class size increase has not coincided with an increase in chairs/etc. AKA it sounded like they are trying to just pack more students into the same space. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. :)

Accommodating for 10 more people shouldn't be too much of a problem! I'm still waiting to hear as well. Re-freshing my email button continuously.

The pre-clinic is pretty packed from what D students have said when I asked them if there is room for the extra 10 benches. This year they went up to 108 (heard from my friend who started there a couple of weeks ago).

Last edited:
Just got my interview invite today, funny timing! :)

Reactions: 2 users