***The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

could someone post the link to Upitt interview questions? I can't seem to find it on SDN...Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those interviewing on October 13th, does anyone want to share a room to help cut costs? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any male applicants interviewing on Oct. 27th would be willing to share lodging for the night before (26th)?

Hi guys, I have quick questions regarding transportation.
1) Is there shuttle from Pittsburgh airport to the campus (UPitt or Carnegie Mellon)? how much was the fare? If not, how much did the taxi cost?
2) I have my return flight at 6:00pm on the interview day, and do you think I have enough time to get to the airport after the interview?

Hi guys, I have quick questions regarding transportation.
1) Is there shuttle from Pittsburgh airport to the campus (UPitt or Carnegie Mellon)? how much was the fare? If not, how much did the taxi cost?
2) I have my return flight at 6:00pm on the interview day, and do you think I have enough time to get to the airport after the interview?

There's a bus that goes directly to the airport, but I used the taxi and Uber so I can't really give you an advice on this.
My flight was on 6 pm as well, there was plenty plenty of time for me. The day ended around 2:30~40 pm.
I went back to my hotel, which was like 3 minutes away from the campus by car, and got my suitcase and took the Uber to Pitt airport.
I had to kill 2 hours at the airport...

Reactions: 1 user
There's a bus that goes directly to the airport, but I used the taxi and Uber so I can't really give you an advice on this.
My flight was on 6 pm as well, there was plenty plenty of time for me. The day ended around 2:30~40 pm.
I went back to my hotel, which was like 3 minutes away from the campus by car, and got my suitcase and took the Uber to Pitt airport.
I had to kill 2 hours at the airport...

Thank you for the advice. I've never used Uber before, and do you mind telling me how much did it cost you to get to the airport? I am staying near carnegie mellon, which will be about 15mins walking distance, so I guess there won't be any time issue if my flight is at 6. Thank you.

From airport to hotel, I took a cab standing in front of the airport. It was about $55 ..I think.
The Uber was a lot cheaper, it was $36 (I have my receipt email so this is for sure).

From airport to hotel, I took a cab standing in front of the airport. It was about $55 ..I think.
The Uber was a lot cheaper, it was $36 (I have my receipt email so this is for sure).

The bus is called the 28X. You wait beside #6 at ground transportation. I think it costs $3.75 (
$4 if you don't have change). I took it to my hotel near the uni, and back. I took the hotel shuttle from my hotel to the school, so grand total, I spent $8 on transportation. I highly recommend this - it is very easy!!

Last edited:
I'm staying at America Value Inn 10/12, and I'm renting an SUV for an interview on 10/13. I know it's late notice, but if anyone needs a place to stay and a ride we can split some costs and save money! Did you find someone Pinkster?

And did anyone get a schedule for the interview day? I did from a different school, but not PITT. All I can find in their emails is that it goes from 830a-2p, and a brochure on the city...

Any female interviewing on the 27th want to split a room?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone wanna split a room for the 27th? I booked one at the Wyndham for $100

And did anyone get a schedule for the interview day? I did from a different school, but not PITT. All I can find in their emails is that it goes from 830a-2p, and a brochure on the city...
That's about accurate. I think we were done at like 1:30-2pm

That's about accurate. I think we were done at like 1:30-2pm
If someone would be so kind as letting the rest of us know how the interview went, (format, atmosphere, audience type),---including those who interviewed last year--- it would be very much appreciated. I am sure a lot of us are a bundle of nerves right now. THANKS MUCH.

The whole day was SUPER laid back. Everyone is really nice, friendly, and approachable. And you have all the opportunity in the world to ask faculty or students anything you want about the program/school/community etc.
The interview was way short 25-30 minutes. My interviewer started off with 'Why PITT?', then he just brought up a few experiences from my application, and we just sat and talked! It was a conversation, and very comfortable!
Just get to know the school and program and know what you like about it so you can communicate that in your interview, then maybe go over your application as a quick reminder of what's there, and you'll be fine! Good Luck!

"Why Pitt?" did those of you who have interviewed learn anything special about Pitt that you did not know going in and that has strengthened your desire to go to Pitt (assuming you are accepted)?

"Why Pitt?" did those of you who have interviewed learn anything special about Pitt that you did not know going in and that has strengthened your desire to go to Pitt (assuming you are accepted)?
http://www.dental.pitt.edu/students/index.php
^That link should clear everything up for you! Plenty of information on Pitt, its program, and the positives of the school.
As others have said, the interview is just a conversation to get to know you better. Your interviewer may or may not ask you questions. Very laid back atmosphere.

^That link should clear everything up for you! Plenty of information on Pitt, its program, and the positives of the school.
As others have said, the interview is just a conversation to get to know you better. Your interviewer may or may not ask you questions. Very laid back atmosphere.
Thank you, and was it easy to get to the Salk Hall building at 3501 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261? Are there many entrances to the campus? Thanks!

The whole day was SUPER laid back. Everyone is really nice, friendly, and approachable. And you have all the opportunity in the world to ask faculty or students anything you want about the program/school/community etc.
The interview was way short 25-30 minutes. My interviewer started off with 'Why PITT?', then he just brought up a few experiences from my application, and we just sat and talked! It was a conversation, and very comfortable!
Just get to know the school and program and know what you like about it so you can communicate that in your interview, then maybe go over your application as a quick reminder of what's there, and you'll be fine! Good Luck!
I'm fairly certain we met after the interview day.

I was asked a total of 3 super standard questions. She was SUPER nice!

Thank you, and was it easy to get to the Salk Hall building at 3501 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261? Are there many entrances to the campus? Thanks!
Salk Hall is hard to miss. It's standing pretty much on its own at the top of a big hill and looks very different from most of the rest of the buildings on campus (do a google image search and you'll see what I mean). There's one very large main entrance with a sign, but if you miss that one, there's an entrance on either side as well. When you go in, look for signs pointing you to the interview room or, if you get lost, ask one of the dental students for directions.

As for entrances to the campus - it's very much an inner city campus, so there are a million and a half ways to enter and exit. It should be relatively easy to get to. (Though I personally find Pittsburgh in general hard to navigate. Too many one-ways and hills!).

Salk Hall is hard to miss. It's standing pretty much on its own at the top of a big hill and looks very different from most of the rest of the buildings on campus (do a google image search and you'll see what I mean). There's one very large main entrance with a sign, but if you miss that one, there's an entrance on either side as well. When you go in, look for signs pointing you to the interview room or, if you get lost, ask one of the dental students for directions.

As for entrances to the campus - it's very much an inner city campus, so there are a million and a half ways to enter and exit. It should be relatively easy to get to. (Though I personally find Pittsburgh in general hard to navigate. Too many one-ways and hills!).
Concur with that final statement. If you go downtown, and you miss your turn, you need to go on about 4 different bridges to get back to where you were.

Does anyone who is interviewing on Nov 3rd want to split a room? I booked one at the Quality Inn University Center.

Interview tmr!! Can't wait to see anyone on the same day!

how many interviews are given out per year? And did anyone use a hotel that provided a shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the school?

how many interviews are given out per year? And did anyone use a hotel that provided a shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the school?

I think they said 399 interviews a year. I stayed at the Wyndham University Center which provided shuttle service within a 3 mile radius - used it to get to and from the school and also to go exploring in the city lol. Took the 28X to and from the airport which cost me $3.75 each way.

haven't heard anything from Pitt but really interested in the school.. should I call to check on my application status/show my interest?

I'm fairly certain we met after the interview day.

Probably! I'm Daniel (from BYU), what's your name and where are you from? And how's the interview process been going??

Has anyone's AADSAS status changed from Invited for Interview to something else?
I haven't though, just checking what others have.

I haven't heard a peep yet from pitt, should I start getting worried? I submitted app really late though...... received the app complete email from pitt in late september

Any updates yet on the status? Still Invited for Interview!
Happy Thanksgiving guys :)

Mine is "invited for interview" as well. I want to go here so bad!

My status has changed to "check back!" I'm OOS and interviewed 9/29! :)

Reactions: 1 user
The real question is did anyone's NOT change?

Reactions: 1 users
Eh. I'm guessing I'm wait listed and you all are accepted. Same thing is happening with me and creighton. I don't have the energy to look at previous threads to compare