***The Official University of Pittsburgh Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So Pitt sent me an acceptance email and it said that there were "more details to follow" two weeks ago. I never received anything in the mail or in email (I checked junk). Then today, I got an email from PITT saying "Thank you for your application. We understand that you are declining our offer." I'm like really confused! I wasn't planning on going to PITT but this is weird how I NEVER got anything from them.

Members don't see this ad.

So Pitt sent me an acceptance email and it said that there were "more details to follow" two weeks ago. I never received anything in the mail or in email (I checked junk). Then today, I got an email from PITT saying "Thank you for your application. We understand that you are declining our offer." I'm like really confused! I wasn't planning on going to PITT but this is weird how I NEVER got anything from them.
Wow! this should be a lesson to all applicants. The email from the school is an OFFER, to which you must provide an ACCEPTANCE for the contract to come into existence. I am pretty sure many of us are so overwhelmed by finally getting an offer from one school --- though we interviewed at many---that we probably would just wait for stuff they say will follow in subsequent messages. But the schools deal with so many applicants, at this juncture they need to know if you accept so they won't automatically offer your seat to someone else more receptive (they probably will wait for 15 days, hence the 2 weeks delay in the email from Pitt above). To the poster in the quote above, I thank you, because I probably just got offered the seat that you weren't planning to take.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much is the deposit (for acceptance)? just wondering so I can start begging for money from somewhere. Went on several interviews, got waitlisted at a few, this is my first offer. I am sooo poor now it's not even funny. Maxed out a couple of my credit cards, eating ramen for lunch and dinner for the last week. I am guessing that at this late stage, there's no "scholarship" left at Pitt?

Does anyone know how much is the deposit (for acceptance)? just wondering so I can start begging for money from somewhere. Went on several interviews, got waitlisted at a few, this is my first offer. I am sooo poor now it's not even funny. Maxed out a couple of my credit cards, eating ramen for lunch and dinner for the last week. I am guessing that at this late stage, there's no "scholarship" left at Pitt?
It's $1000 for each (2) deposit. I didn't apply for a scholarship, so I don't know if they have been awarded yet. I just submitted my financial aid package and we should hear back in mid July to early August what the award amount is.

still nothing from pitt. Does it mean the hope to get an acceptance is diminished?

You could always call and ask. They're super friendly on the phone.
I called last week and yesterday, Katherine just told me to wait and good news might come soon. But nothing else she could tell me other than wait...:(

White coat ceremony is August 31, so I presume it's the week prior (orientation and whatnot).
Daneosaurus, how do you know white coat ceremony is Aug 31, is this for certain? when does everyone (who got accepted and planned to go to Pitt) plan to move there? could someone share tips for apartment rentals? I live about 5 hours from Pitt (in MD) and have a job that will tie me down here until end of June. Does anyone have a schedule for when orientation starts, etc. Maybe it's a bit early (maybe they will send it in the mail?) but I am so excited and want to get a head start....Thanks!

Daneosaurus, how do you know white coat ceremony is Aug 31, is this for certain? when does everyone (who got accepted and planned to go to Pitt) plan to move there? could someone share tips for apartment rentals? I live about 5 hours from Pitt (in MD) and have a job that will tie me down here until end of June. Does anyone have a schedule for when orientation starts, etc. Maybe it's a bit early (maybe they will send it in the mail?) but I am so excited and want to get a head start....Thanks!

- They'll send us a schedule of orientation and stuff sometime in the early summer (according to the email).
- White coat ceremony/first day of classes is definitely August 31... don't remember where I saw this exactly but I'm 100% certain he's correct.
- My girlfriend and I (both attending Pitt Dental) are moving up on August 10th, but that's just when our apartment lease begins. I think @Daneosaurus is trying to move up there in early-ish July.
- Personally, I wanted to get there late July/early August but the company we're renting the apartment from told us that if we wait until August 10, we get to move into a fully renovated apartment so I guess we'll wait. I agree with you that a head start in the new city (to find out where everything is) would probably be a good idea.
- Congrats and I'll see you in August! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
- They'll send us a schedule of orientation and stuff sometime in the early summer (according to the email).
- White coat ceremony/first day of classes is definitely August 31... don't remember where I saw this exactly but I'm 100% certain he's correct.
- My girlfriend and I (both attending Pitt Dental) are moving up on August 10th, but that's just when our apartment lease begins. I think @Daneosaurus is trying to move up there in early-ish July.
- Personally, I wanted to get there late July/early August but the company we're renting the apartment from told us that if we wait until August 10, we get to move into a fully renovated apartment so I guess we'll wait. I agree with you that a head start in the new city (to find out where everything is) would probably be a good idea.
- Congrats and I'll see you in August! :)
Thank you so much for the info. Is your apartment close to the school? do you mind sharing the addresses of some you have looked at? just to give me some heads up. I am a single female.

Thank you so much for the info. Is your apartment close to the school? do you mind sharing the addresses of some you have looked at? just to give me some heads up. I am a single female.

Yeah... did you recently post on the Facebook group? If so, I'll just message you on FB :)

Thx Sissi~ Hopefully we will be classmates and meet in August, lol~
OK, I found out White Coat ceremony is indeed Aug 31, 2015 (not that I did not believe you, @Daneosaurus and @BrazilianRider, thanks to both of you for responding). It apparently is usually held on the last Mon of August each year for the entering class. Last year, 2014, was Aug 26. Here's a very good link to Pitt Dental Magazine, very informative. I am leaning more and more toward for sure going here, whether my state school makes an offer or not (maybe after April 1st, just in case, LOL):
http://dental.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/u61/PDM-Winter-2014-15.pdf

Acceptance on Tuesday. I'm beyond excited!

My status for addition to the group is still pending. I got the email confirming my deposit early last week. Are the admins just really busy with school and I should just be more patient..? :)

I tried joining a month ago and my request is still pending.....

Further to this post, I can add that I actually received 2 emails, one containing the congrats with the "more details to follow", and no deadline was mentioned or any action was required on my part. But thanks to this post, I got worried, so I searched my emails some more, and found that Pitt actually sent me another email in which they did state how much the deposit will be and the deadline for sending it in to them to express my "acceptance" of their "offer". I don't know why I did not get the 2 emails at the same time, they appear to be sent on the same date, but the one with the deadline got buried in all of my messages. It was my fault for not scouring better, but I just thought to mention this, in case some of us (for whom this offer is the first) run into the same problem and miss the deadline to send in the check. It must be a cashier's check, but they did give me 2 weeks. Obviously for the above OP, he missed the second email message, and was just waiting for more info. (I myself was so giddy, I think I was paralyzed for a couple of days). Fortunately, he did not plan to go to Pitt after all.

Further to this post, I can add that I actually received 2 emails, one containing the congrats with the "more details to follow", and no deadline was mentioned or any action was required on my part. But thanks to this post, I got worried, so I searched my emails some more, and found that Pitt actually sent me another email in which they did state how much the deposit will be and the deadline for sending it in to them to express my "acceptance" of their "offer". I don't know why I did not get the 2 emails at the same time, they appear to be sent on the same date, but the one with the deadline got buried in all of my messages. It was my fault for not scouring better, but I just thought to mention this, in case some of us (for whom this offer is the first) run into the same problem and miss the deadline to send in the check. It must be a cashier's check, but they did give me 2 weeks. Obviously for the above OP, he missed the second email message, and was just waiting for more info. (I myself was so giddy, I think I was paralyzed for a couple of days). Fortunately, he did not plan to go to Pitt after all.

The first email mentions a second one - so when I didn't get it within a couple days I emailed them asap. The email ended up being in my junk folder, send very shortly after the acceptance email, but from a different sender. Just shows you have to be pro-active if you're interested in attending.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi,

Congrats on your acceptances to Pitt! I am a current Pitt Med student about to move for residency and I have an on-campus 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment at Darragh St. available for rent starting from June 1st, 2015 (for a 2 month lease but can be extended to a 1 year lease). It is literally right across the street from the Dental School. All utilities included with in-unit washer/dryer.

Please PM if interested in further details. Thanks!

Hi,

Congrats on your acceptances to Pitt! I am a current Pitt Med student about to move for residency and I have an on-campus 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment at Darragh St. available for rent starting from June 1st, 2015 (for a 2 month lease but can be extended to a 1 year lease). It is literally right across the street from the Dental School. All utilities included with in-unit washer/dryer.

Please PM if interested in further details. Thanks!

In case you guys don't know if he's being legit, I swear it is literally a 20 second walk to Salk Hall.

Acceptance!

Residency: MD
AADSAS Mail-Out Date: early july
Application Complete Date: early july
Interview date: Honestly forget but it was pre-Decembrr
GPA: 3.8+ oGPA 3.8+ sGPA
DAT: 21 AA/19 TS/20 PAT
Notification date: April 1, 2015

Watch it be some sick and cruel April fools joke.

Amazing place and a wonderful institution. Was my favorite interview I had. It will feel bad turning this one down, but I got into my #1 already.

Best of luck to all on the "de facto" waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
Got the acceptance email yesterday and had the hardest time believing it was legit since it was April Fools. I'm beyond excited and will be attending!

Just wanted to share my journey with you guys since your posts kept me hanging in there.

I took a year off from undergrad to do more shadowing, and one of the dentists I shadowed offered to train me as his assistant. Then I took my DAT in mid August of last year (i know it was really late but i just wasn't ready until then. and on the night before the test i was so nervous that i couldn't sleep nor could i eat anything). After that summer, I decided to take some more classes and graduated with another degree in December (btw i went to pitt undergrad). Had the last pitt interview and loved the school. Ever since my interview, I basically stalked the admissions office and stopped by at least once a week (i guess persistence really paid off!). I even wrote a heartfelt letter of intent (for those who haven't heard back yet, a letter may really help you! and if you want a sample letter, feel free to message me).

It's been rough but hang in there, guys.

Residency: PA
Mail-Out Date: Early September
Application Complete Date: Early October
Interview date: Jan 26 - the last interview
GPA: 3.6
DAT: 21 aa

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance email yesterday and had the hardest time believing it was legit since it was April Fools. I'm beyond excited and will be attending!

Just wanted to share my journey with you guys since your posts kept me hanging in there.

I took a year off from undergrad to do more shadowing, and one of the dentists I shadowed offered to train me as his assistant. Then I took my DAT in mid August of last year (i know it was really late but i just wasn't ready until then. and on the night before the test i was so nervous that i couldn't sleep nor could i eat anything). After that summer, I decided to take some more classes and graduated with another degree in December (btw i went to pitt undergrad). Had the last pitt interview and loved the school. Ever since my interview, I basically stalked the admissions office and stopped by at least once a week (i guess persistence really paid off!). I even wrote a heartfelt letter of intent (for those who haven't heard back yet, a letter may really help you! and if you want a sample letter, feel free to message me).

Speaking of letters of intent, I was always against writing one because I ask people, what's the point in writing one? Are you saying that the fact you applied doesn't mean that you would have an intention of going there if accepted? But anywho, I actually called up UPITT a few weeks ago, and the admissions lady told me that they look highly on letters of intent.

Speaking of letters of intent, I was always against writing one because I ask people, what's the point in writing one? Are you saying that the fact you applied doesn't mean that you would have an intention of going there if accepted? But anywho, I actually called up UPITT a few weeks ago, and the admissions lady told me that they look highly on letters of intent.

Letter of Intent =/= Letter of Interest

Letter of Interest shows why you like the school, and IMO they're pretty dumb because you obviously applied there. Letter of Intent is basically you telling the school that if they accept you, you will attend their program. Schools like that because it shows A) you clearly like the school and B) it helps reduce their acceptance rate. If you're dead set on going to Pitt, I'd definitely write one (you can PM me as well if you want a sample!).

That being said, I think acceptances are going to start winding down since April 1 is behind us ;)

If Credential Keeper could quit emailing me every day that I have missing materials (the ones that are not due before we start) that would be great. haha It keeps making me nervous that I'm forgetting something!

Reactions: 4 users

Letter of Intent =/= Letter of Interest

Letter of Interest shows why you like the school, and IMO they're pretty dumb because you obviously applied there. Letter of Intent is basically you telling the school that if they accept you, you will attend their program. Schools like that because it shows A) you clearly like the school and B) it helps reduce their acceptance rate. If you're dead set on going to Pitt, I'd definitely write one (you can PM me as well if you want a sample!).

That being said, I think acceptances are going to start winding down since April 1 is behind us ;)

Awesome advise! I emailed my LOI in on Tuesday, and got my acceptance this morning! Thanks so much guys!
Those who've been accepted, how long did it take for them to send the second email containing the 'registration documents'? I received the congratulations and acceptance email at noon, but haven't heard anything else over the past 12 hours.
Also, I doubt I should be too concerned, but my AADSAS status still shows 'invited for interview'. Let me know what your accepted experiences have been like please!

Awesome advise! I emailed my LOI in on Tuesday, and got my acceptance this morning! Thanks so much guys!
Those who've been accepted, how long did it take for them to send the second email containing the 'registration documents'? I received the congratulations and acceptance email at noon, but haven't heard anything else over the past 12 hours.
Also, I doubt I should be too concerned, but my AADSAS status still shows 'invited for interview'. Let me know what your accepted experiences have been like please!

Check your junk folder and stuff!

yep, check your junk folder, it's buried in there, coming from a different email address, also has the Pitt letterhead in the body of the email. The letter will tell you the deadline to send in your money, don't miss it.

Ok, thanks! How long was your guys' deposit deadline?

Dude Brig7, you got in!!!! So stoked for you, congrats.

Ok, thanks! How long was your guys' deposit deadline?
Mine was exactly 15 days. It even states "must be received by end of business on ..." so no game with "postmarked". And it must be a cashier's check in US dollars from a US bank. So make sure you send your acceptance docs and the check in a trackable method, because if the package got lost, you have to wait for 90 days before you can even stop payment on that cashier's check.

If you don't find the second email by tomorrow, send an email to Katherine (Adomitis, Katherine Anne <[email protected]>) and ask about the second email. In some email systems, when you exit, the system may have defaulted to empty the junk/spam mail folder, so your second email may have evaporated if it went into that folder. You should find out ASAP the deadline for your deposit.

Dude Brig7, you got in!!!! So stoked for you, congrats.

Thanks a lot! I'm very relieved! It was my first acceptance..
Thanks for all your help guys! I'll email Katherine tomorrow if I still don't see anything!

Thanks a lot! I'm very relieved! It was my first acceptance..
Thanks for all your help guys! I'll email Katherine tomorrow if I still don't see anything!
Congrats on your acceptance!

Congrats on your acceptance!
Thanks a lot! I'm thrilled :happy: Except looking for a 2 bedroom place for my family on the allotted budget (meant for a single student) is a little overwhelming..

Thanks a lot! I'm thrilled :happy: Except looking for a 2 bedroom place for my family on the allotted budget (meant for a single student) is a little overwhelming..

If you PM me your name, I can get you in contact with @Daneosaurus on Facebook... He's also going to Pitt and having to deal with moving a family, so I'm sure he'd be thrilled to talk to you :)

Hey fellow Pitt hopefuls, just letting everyone know there is still hope. I received my acceptance a few days ago on Apr 8. They are still sending them out this month I guess.

If you PM me your name, I can get you in contact with @Daneosaurus on Facebook... He's also going to Pitt and having to deal with moving a family, so I'm sure he'd be thrilled to talk to you :)

@Brig7, if you have facebook, try to join the Pitt class of 2019 at this link - I think there are classmates in your situation.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/711266515677076/

Thanks guys! Just requested to join the group! I figured I wasn't alone!

Got first acceptance. Life looks much brighter since this morning. TS:22, AA:20 ... Good luck to all you waiting

Just got accepted today but I will be declining. I hope you get a call next week! Good luck
congrats, and thx for your blessing. Hopefully,the good luck will come on me next week!