The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread

CraigHack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has started this one yet. Don't forget to submit your secondaries everyone, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they start sending interview invites out soon.

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone get an email from UNLV without having their AADSAS application mailed out yet? I have already sent them the supplemental and $50 fee though.

We have received your AADSAS application and would like to thank you for your interest in the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) School of Dental Medicine. If you have not already submitted your supplemental application, please return it with your $50 application fee and a “2x2” color photograph. The required supplemental application can be downloaded from our website at http://dentalschool.unlv.edu/. Please allow two to four weeks to process your application once we receive it from AADSAS. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check with our office to ensure the application is complete.

did anyone get an email from UNLV without having their AADSAS application mailed out yet? I have already sent them the supplemental and $50 fee though.

We have received your AADSAS application and would like to thank you for your interest in the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) School of Dental Medicine. If you have not already submitted your supplemental application, please return it with your $50 application fee and a “2x2” color photograph. The required supplemental application can be downloaded from our website at http://dentalschool.unlv.edu/. Please allow two to four weeks to process your application once we receive it from AADSAS. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check with our office to ensure the application is complete.

AADSAS says application is complete that's all I've heard
And cashed check

I submitted my secondary, photo, and check over a month ago and was first batch. I got the under review email about two weeks ago.

I submitted my secondary, photo, and check over a month ago and was first batch. I got the under review email about two weeks ago.

I am on the same boat. I've been under review since July 8th.

I never got an under review email but my AADSAS says application complete for a while now. I was first batch and check was cashed a long time ago.

Anywho, last year first invites went out on the 31st, so keep your ears open and keep us informed!

Reactions: 2 users
My app was stated to be complete today. But my DAT has not been sent to AADSAS yet. Anyone got interview from them?

Interview!
Residency: NV
Method of Notification: E-mail
1st Batch
Notification Date: 08/02/15

GPA: 3.38 oGPA, 3.53 sGPA, 3.91 BCP GPA, 3.96 Postbac GPA

DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 22/23/25/23/No

Anyone get an interview that's not a NV resident yet?

1st interview

School: UNLV
Notification date: 08/02/2015
Method of notification: E-Mail
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/16/2015
Application complete date: 06/16/2015
GPA (overall): 3.55 sGPA: 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/21/22/No

Did you ever get an email from them before interview?

I submitted secondary and they cashed my check over a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever get an email from them before interview?

I submitted secondary and they cashed my check over a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet!

2 emails
1. (6/30) Stating that my application is under review
2. (7/1) Stating again my application was complete and thanked me for showing interest

2 emails
1. (6/30) Stating that my application is under review
2. (7/1) Stating again my application was complete and thanked me for showing interest

Weird,
I should give them a call

2nd interview!

Residency: NV (not considered IS for app purposes)
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/02/2015
Application complete date: 07/02/2015
GPA (overall): 3.76 sGPA: 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/22/No

Interview dates available (all Fridays, 25-30 interviewees per day):

25 Sept
2/9/16 Oct
6/13/20 Nov
4/11 Dec
8 Jan

Residency: TN
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/02/2015
Application complete date: 7/02/2015
GPA (overall): 3.92 sGPA: 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/17/20 QR 15

Should I be worried I didn't get an interview yet?
oGPA: 3.83 sGPA: 3.8
DAT: 20/20/20/21
1st batch

Starting to get a little nervous..
It's a little early to start worrying. This was after all the first day they sent out invites. You're scores are competitive. They'll keep sending out invites over the next few days in the order they received them. And keep in mind that your app wasn't complete until your secondary was received in the mail.

It's a little early to start worrying. This was after all the first day they sent out invites. You're scores are competitive. They'll keep sending out invites over the next few days in the order they received them. And keep in mind that your app wasn't complete until your secondary was received in the mail.

based on what you can say that they will send out interview invites over the next few days? and in the order they received them?

based on what you can say that they will send out interview invites over the next few days? and in the order they received them?
Base on last year, the answer is no.

I will suggest people call and make sure your file is completed at UNLV, if you are missing something, they won't even look at it. Last year a few people I know was missing a letter or something minor and paused their applications, end up wasting like 3 weeks or a month.

Base on last year, the answer is no.

I will suggest people call and make sure your file is completed at UNLV, if you are missing something, they won't even look at it. Last year a few people I know was missing a letter or something minor and paused their applications, end up wasting like 3 weeks or a month.
i received a complete email from unlv and my status on AADSAS portal changed also. so I guess no need to call?

i received a complete email from unlv and my status on AADSAS portal changed also. so I guess no need to call?

Base on the email you are fine, but I am that kind of person that follow everything to the end... Your call.

My app was verified a few weeks ago and I've had my secondary in since mid June.

Last edited:
My app was verified a few weeks ago and I've had my secondary in since mid June. I have a SGPA of 3.6 and overall 3.46 BCP 4.0 23Aa 24Ts 21 PAT 24RC 20QR I'm a CA resident and I haven't been invited for me interview yet.
Am I competitive for UNLV?

Hmm that's tough. I would suggest withdrawing your application and aiming for a lower GPA and DAT. Yours might be too high for UNLV

Hmm that's tough. I would suggest withdrawing your application and aiming for a lower GPA and DAT. Yours might be too high for UNLV

are you, honestly and really, serious? so yield protection exists?

well my stats is 3.89 sGPA/cGPA and 21 AA, 22TS, and 23 PAT and completed since July 1st and hear nothing either.

are you, honestly and really, serious? so yield protection exists?

well my stats is 3.89 sGPA/cGPA and 21 AA, 22TS, and 23 PAT and completed since July 1st and hear nothing either.

Sorry I didn't think I would be taken seriously. I was completely joking. Your stats are amazing and I'm sure you'll do really well this cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
LOL

I'm happy this was all a funny misunderstanding because I wasn't sure how to lower my GPA in the AADSAS Portal .

Hello guys,
In the secondary it asked to list other dental schools I have applied to. Does that mean list all other schools I'm applying to this cycle or it's asking if I have applied to any dental school previously?

Hello guys,
In the secondary it asked to list other dental schools I have applied to. Does that mean list all other schools I'm applying to this cycle or it's asking if I have applied to any dental school previously?

This cycle

Thanks! I just thought it's weird they asked because don't they automatically see what other schools we are applying to on our AADSAS app?

Nope as far as I know

I just checked by AADSAS app today, and it says that I am invited for an interview. I didn't get an e-mail.. should I give them a call or just wait for an e-mail?

I'd call!

I just checked by AADSAS app today, and it says that I am invited for an interview. I didn't get an e-mail.. should I give them a call or just wait for an e-mail?
what does the "Decision Date" say?

Did u check your spam?

If there's no email you'll want to contact them as soon as possible so you can get the link to schedule your interview.

Where on your portal did you see the invite? Is it just in the school decision tab under "status defined"?

U

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Multiple posts...

My fellow friends, have any of you had an 'Invited to Interview' pop up on your AADSAS but nothing from the schools?

I just got a call saying that an invitation to interview email did not go through at VCU. They had sent the email two weeks ago and just noticed the email had been 'dropped.' Funny thing is, it was the second school to tell me my invitation email was randomly 'dropped.'

So I decided to look into it. I asked what system is used and they told me it is called Webadmit. I looked for a number online and found (716) 636-7777 option 7. I talked to a very nice lady and we discovered my email was under some SPAM list and so it was automatically being dropped! Thankfully she removed me from the spam list and asked me to add two emails to my safe list:

[email protected]
*@sendgrid.me

I called the school back and let them know my email had been removed from spam list and within minutes I got my invitation to interview.

They're probably going to hate me for posting this cause they're about to get a few calls haha but if you've had an update on your AADSAS but no email from the school, call the number and ask!

Ok long post over. Good luck everyone!

Multiple posts...

My fellow friends, have any of you had an 'Invited to Interview' pop up on your AADSAS but nothing from the schools?

I just got a call saying that an invitation to interview email did not go through at VCU. They had sent the email two weeks ago and just noticed the email had been 'dropped.' Funny thing is, it was the second school to tell me my invitation email was randomly 'dropped.'

So I decided to look into it. I asked what system is used and they told me it is called Webadmit. I looked for a number online and found (716) 636-7777 option 7. I talked to a very nice lady and we discovered my email was under some SPAM list and so it was automatically being dropped! Thankfully she removed me from the spam list and asked me to add two emails to my safe list:

[email protected]
*@sendgrid.me

I called the school back and let them know my email had been removed from spam list and within minutes I got my invitation to interview.

They're probably going to hate me for posting this cause they're about to get a few calls haha but if you've had an update on your AADSAS but no email from the school, call the number and ask!

Ok long post over. Good luck everyone!

Welcome to how I almost missed my UPENN Invite as well

Reactions: 1 users