artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going to take the Kira Assessment tomorrow. Really nervous >_<

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Has anyone's AADSAS status changed to "none" after completing the Kira Assessment? and does you application status on your Rebel Gateway say that the Admissions Committee reviewed your video and written assessment and youve been invited to an interview? I'm confused if the interview invitation is the Kira Assessment or the in-person interview.

Hi everyone! Has anyone's AADSAS status changed to "none" after completing the Kira Assessment? and does you application status on your Rebel Gateway say that the Admissions Committee reviewed your video and written assessment and youve been invited to an interview? I'm confused if the interview invitation is the Kira Assessment or the in-person interview.
My AADSAS status has changed to "none" after completing the KIRA assessment on Sunday. On my Rebel gateway, it says my status is "Status: SDM - Interview Complete" under my admissions checklist. The interview assessment is the Kira link they sent out.

Reactions: 1 users
My AADSAS status has also changed to "none."

Reactions: 1 user
I saw someone say on Facebook that they got an in-person invite for next week but didn't take the Kira. Did anyone else get an in-person invite too?

Coulda been a troll because you have to do the Kira first then they pick people from the Kira batch.
I thought everyone does the Kira first too. I asked and she said it was an invite for an in-person interview. Maybe there are two types of interview now?

if you got an interview could you post your stats?
Interview #3
School: UNLV
Notification date: 8/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: International
ADEA ADDSAS mail-out date: 06/10/22
Application complete date: 07/07/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 26/24/24/30, no
Interview date: To be completed within 5 days
Method of interview: Kira

Members don't see this ad :)
Based off of people that applied last cycle that seems to be the case but at the end of the Kira it said that if you are selected you will be invited in campus for an informational session so that makes me wonder if there is a round 2 in person and this Kira was just a weed out method.
informational session is just that...

Anyone heard back about the informational session yet?

Received email regarding information session. They sent a Google form with 7 dates to select from. Also, there is an in-person interview on the information session day agenda.

Is the invitation to the information session sent to everyone who did the Kira assessment, or is it selective?

Received email regarding information session. They sent a Google form with 7 dates to select from. Also, there is an in-person interview on the information session day agenda.
Is the first date option they gave reserved only for NV residents? Not sure if I interpreted it correctly? Also when you submitted the google form to pick your date did you get a verification email because I did not?

Is the first date option they gave reserved only for NV residents? Not sure if I interpreted it correctly? Also when you submitted the google form to pick your date did you get a verification email because I did not?
Not sure if it is reserved for NV residents, but it does say NV residents preferred.

kind of defeats the purpose of an information session if it includes an interview...

Reactions: 1 users
Is the student interview at the informational session just a student panel where we get to ask questions, or is it a 1 on 1 interview?

Is the student interview at the informational session just a student panel where we get to ask questions, or is it a 1 on 1 interview?
I've heard it's a current student that interviews you. Probably depends on the person but pretty conversational and an opportunity for you to ask questions about the student experience. Not 100% tho

I heard it’s a student interview first and then a faculty interviews you after. About 20 min each

I just got my Kira any advice/tips? It definitely seems awkward to do a full interview in the Kira format which is what it appears to be unless I'm missing something.

For those that attended today's informational session, what was it like?

Does anyone have any idea how long after the Kira Assessment UNLV reaches out to you? I just completed mine yesterday! Thank you

If you got an interview recently could you post your stats? Much appreciated

If you got an interview recently could you post your stats? Much appreciated
Hey posting a bit late but just did the Kira last Sunday

Interview #1
School: UNLV
Notification date: 10/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
ADEA ADDSAS mail-out date: 08/04/22
Application complete date: 08/04/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 26/25/20/28, no
Interview date: To be completed within 5 days
Method of interview: Kira

For anyone who got the Google form for the informational session, the day that we book, is that our guaranteed spot? I didn't get a confirmation email that I could come that day, or should I wait to book a flight?
Thanks

For anyone who got the Google form for the informational session, the day that we book, is that our guaranteed spot? I didn't get a confirmation email that I could come that day, or should I wait to book a flight?
Thanks
It’s not a guaranteed spot. It’s basically a part 2 interview. I got a confirmation email the next day

Thanks
i got a confirmation email, I would just call them and ask because I was able to get ahold of them pretty easily.

Thanks
They will send you a confirmation email tomorrow or the following day.

For those who drove to the info session, how was the parking situation? Were there a lot of parking spaces or do you recommend going early to find parking? Also, what building was the info session at? They said two different buildings in two different emails so its kind of confusing

How long did it take for you guys to receive your Kira invitation?

accepted through email! just received a call as well at 8:14 PST!

Let me ask acceptees! Have you guys all visited UNLV Campus for the Campus visit interview or just completed Kira Only then accepted??
The campus visit interview is mandatory to be considered for acceptance. The Kira is like step 1 of the process