*^~*~^* The Official What Are My Chances/Where to Apply Thread Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Major: Kinesiology
GPA 3.45 science gpa: 3.4
I am planning on taking the MCAT in January

My last two years as an undergrad I averaged a 3.8 GPA
In order to improve my chances, I decided to get a MS in Kinesiology
Do you believe this is a wise choice?
The masters will take two years to complete. I know that the sacrifice will be worth it, but is this the best way to go?
Also, What MCAT score would I need in order to ensure an interview to schools such as:

UCLA
UCI
USC
Temple
UIUC
Loma Linda
UIC
and other lower tier schools

Thank you
Jeff

I don't think it is believeable to claim that you are getting an MS in kinesiology to improve your med school admission chances. I'd drop that line.

I'm guessing you are a CA resident. You'd need a 34 to have a good shot at those schools. A 32 would give you a 50-50 chance. A 30 or below will probably leave you SOL.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to post up here again for one or two more comments while it's still in the front page...I really, really appreciate it

I'm a Fl Resident graduating a year early with a biology degree. I've been complete since late Sept/Early Oct and have heard nothing regarding interviews or rejections

MCAT: 29Q

AMCAS GPA: Science 3.73 OA 3.74

EC: Ton of Clinical experience, on-campus volunteer organization, TA, IM Sports and musician for a while w/ no research experience

Schools applying: (somewhat in preference order)

UM-Miami
UF
UM-Boca
Univ South Florida
FSU
Albert Einstein-lost hope here
Loyola
Univ Rochester-lost hope here
Wake Forest
NYU-lost hope here
NYMC
GWU-don't even care
Georgetown-likewise
Temple-ditto

Any help is much appreciated, I am primarily concerned with the Florida schools minus FSU. Thank you again:)

Thank you Jamilla, can I get one more comment/input from someone:oops:?

I'm not applying 2008, but my question is more like what are way to improve my chances on where i apply. I want to get into any CA school, how can I add things to make my application better with what little time. Also, what minimum mcat would i need for a UC with my gpa?

http://mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=9339

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not applying 2008, but my question is more like what are way to improve my chances on where i apply. I want to get into any CA school, how can I add things to make my application better with what little time. Also, what minimum mcat would i need for a UC with my gpa?

With your GPA, you should aim for 33 or higher, atleast thats my guess

Are the EC's that I have enough? I don't have any clubs involved, and nothing really shows my leadership...Will this hurt me dramatically or should I still apply with what I have?

Are the EC's that I have enough? I don't have any clubs involved, and nothing really shows my leadership...Will this hurt me dramatically or should I still apply with what I have?

You could definitely use a few more ECs, but you have the main ones, volunteering, clinical exposure, and research. So they arent particularly weak, but they wont make you stand out.

You could definitely use a few more ECs, but you have the main ones, volunteering, clinical exposure, and research. So they arent particularly weak, but they wont make you stand out.

But the 33 mcat will?
What can I do in like the one semester I have left to stand out?

bcpm: 3.4
overall: 3.42
mcat: 34P

illinois resident
applied to (just to name a few)

drexel
uic
rosalind
rush
loyola
mcw
tulane

ec:
3 yrs rsch
lots of various clubs/organizations
5 physician lor (1 executive trustee of american urology society and 2 medical school faculty)
various tutoring, TAing, etc

do i stand a chance with my low gpa?

illinois resident

drexel
uic
rosalind
rush
loyola
mcw
tulane

ec:
3 yrs rsch
5 physician lor (1 executive trustee of american urology society and 2 medical school faculty)

yes, in my opinion. where did you go undergrad?

illinois resident

drexel
uic
rosalind
rush
loyola
mcw
tulane

ec:
3 yrs rsch

yes, it is ALL about the Cubs

Sorry for the late reply guys, and thanks for the advice!

Excuse me if you have already answered: when were you complete? i think you'll get in to a couple of schools, but why did you apply to so many reaches?

I was complete at most places between late July and mid-September. As far as the schools I chose to apply to, while most were out of my numbers range, I was looking for schools that traditionally favored non-trads to some degree.

monkily_stealth: what schools did you get an interview at last year? if you don't mind my asking. thanks

Last year I interviewed at Rush, Meharry, UT Houston and UBuffalo. No interviews yet this year...

Sorry for the late reply guys, and thanks for the advice!

I was complete at most places between late July and mid-September. As far as the schools I chose to apply to, while most were out of my numbers range, I was looking for schools that traditionally favored non-trads to some degree.

Last year I interviewed at Rush, Meharry, UT Houston and UBuffalo. No interviews yet this year...

i graduated in 2005 and barely consider myself a non-trad, but i guess i am. which of your ECs are new since last year? sorry if that is in your mdapps.

did you decide which schools favor nontrads by looking in usnwr under % of class? which of your schools do you think favor nontrads. (i hope i applied to some of them.)

i did try to avoid schools that were high percentage right out of undergrad, figuring they will be a bit immature. (sorry 2008 grads!!!! but there is a big world out there that you have not been a part of yet.)

Members don't see this ad :)
i graduated in 2005 and barely consider myself a non-trad, but i guess i am. which of your ECs are new since last year? sorry if that is in your mdapps.

did you decide which schools favor nontrads by looking in usnwr under % of class? which of your schools do you think favor nontrads. (i hope i applied to some of them.)

i did try to avoid schools that were high percentage right out of undergrad, figuring they will be a bit immature. (sorry 2008 grads!!!! but there is a big world out there that you have not been a part of yet.)

Well, my new biotech job, which I started last year, is now officially on my AMCAS this year. Also, I started a volunteer position in the CICU at a local hospital.

As far as the non-trad-favoring schools, I have this Princeton Review book that, in all honesty, is not extremely informative, but it does have percentages of non-trads for a lot of the schools. I don't have it here in front of me, but Drexel sticks in my mind, and I also want to say Tufts, Loyola, Jefferson... maybe Creighton? I could be very wrong on some of those, though, it's been a while. Oh, and two of the reach schools are only on my app list because of family affiliation (it's worth a try).

sounds about right to me. some schools, like NYU, have a pretty small number of people (28%) who graduated earlier. Georgetown has 66% nontrad!!! forget about chances of admission, what about quality of life once you're there. again, no offense 2008 grads!!!!

I'm a philosophy major with a 3.6 overall, 3.5 bcpm and 27Q mcat. I've been complete at most schools since the beginning of october (see mdapps for a list), and have only heard from 3... and no good news. I know it hasn't been very long considering when i was complete, but i'm getting nervous and would like some constructive feedback. please!

The only advice I could think of would be to retake the MCAT.

Hey guys, any feedback is much appreciated

GPA: Overall 3.2, Science 3.1
MCAT: 13PS 12BS 11VR= 36Q
Major: Neuroscience
Ivy League School, class of 2008

EC's:
Treasurer then President of Greek Life
Secretary then President of a Fraternity
Sit on several University Committees
Residential Assistant
Teaching Assistant
Involved in full-time neuroscience laboratory work in each of the past 4 summers
1 published paper

LOR should be a little better than average

Obviously I'm worried that my GPA will keep me from being competitive at many schools, but I'm not looking to get into the Harvards or UPenns of med school, I"m looking to go to one of the less competitive schools. Any thoughts? I'm taking at least one year off.

You will need at least a 35 to have a shot at a UC IMO, unless you are URM.

Hey guys, any feedback is much appreciated

GPA: Overall 3.2, Science 3.1
MCAT: 13PS 12BS 11VR= 36Q
Major: Neuroscience
Ivy League School, class of 2008

EC's:
Treasurer then President of Greek Life
Secretary then President of a Fraternity
Sit on several University Committees
Residential Assistant
Teaching Assistant
Involved in full-time neuroscience laboratory work in each of the past 4 summers
1 published paper

LOR should be a little better than average

Obviously I'm worried that my GPA will keep me from being competitive at many schools, but I'm not looking to get into the Harvards or UPenns of med school, I"m looking to go to one of the less competitive schools. Any thoughts? I'm taking at least one year off.

If you apply very broadly, you'll have a shot probably. If you want to take a year off, improving your GPA would help your chances greatly. You probably won't be screened out b/c of your GPA but it will hurt your chances a bit.

Here is a brief profile:

- varsity athlete at a Big Ten school
- volunteered on pediatric cardiology floorof children's hospital for about a year and half
- shadowed a neonatalogist at a local hospital
- tutored AP bio students for a year
- independent research project in a plastic surgery department since Apri
- GPA: 3.84
- grauduating a semester early
- MCAT: 32O but 7 in verbal (Grew up learning two languages simultaneously)

I have applied to many competitive schools and from reading posts on SDN, I'm beginning to think my application is hopeless. I was so happy to get an interview from Vandy last month, until someone told me Vandy interviews more people than usual so that I shouldn't get my hopes up:(. Since then, I've been rejected from Georgetown and Wisconsin... Are these two rejections a better indicator of the rest of my application year? I really don't know how to gauge...because it sounds like I'm not really qualified compared to those on SDN who are getting interviews/acceptances...

any feedback is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Here is a brief profile:

- varsity athlete at a Big Ten school
- volunteered on pediatric cardiology floorof children's hospital for about a year and half
- shadowed a neonatalogist at a local hospital
- tutored AP bio students for a year
- independent research project in a plastic surgery department since Apri
- GPA: 3.84
- grauduating a semester early
- MCAT: 32O but 7 in verbal (Grew up learning two languages simultaneously)

I have applied to many competitive schools and from reading posts on SDN, I'm beginning to think my application is hopeless. I was so happy to get an interview from Vandy last month, until someone told me Vandy interviews more people than usual so that I shouldn't get my hopes up:(. Since then, I've been rejected from Georgetown and Wisconsin... Are these two rejections a better indicator of the rest of my application year? I really don't know how to gauge...because it sounds like I'm not really qualified compared to those on SDN who are getting interviews/acceptances...

any feedback is greatly appreciated. thanks!

A Vanderbilt interview is a good sign. It sounds like you're a strong candidate and it's early yet.

I am a non-trad reapplicant this year. I only have two interviews this year. I got waitlisted at EVMS!! What do you think my chances are this year, and what would improve my application?

I am a little bit of an unusual applicant. My numbers and extra curriculars are pretty strong. 14PS+12BS+11V=37R

3.8 bcpm and overall gpa

1.5 years research almost full time
several poster presentation including nationally recognized medical conferences
first author publication pending
over 600 hours volunteer service at UCLA medical center
shadow time
taught a high school academic decathlon team that went on to win natl championship
other minor fine arts and small extra currics and paid jobs

lor are medium to strong (at least strong from my PI)

the only problem was I was not planning on applying this year until very recently. I applied after the deadline to UCLA where i got an extension from the admissions director, and I also applied to wash u. so I am a 2 school applicant who is not going to be complete until atleast mid december.

UCLA would be amazing. Do I still have a good shot? I would appreciate all feedback! thanks! oh and im caucasian.

Top 10 school, junior, cali resident:

GPA: 3.675-followed very tough sophomore year, jr year better
BPCM: 3.59
MCAT: 13P, 12B, 10V, S-Will schools weigh this more?

Worked in lab for 0.75 years.
Also did REU at JPL after 1st year.
Shadowed cardiology department 60 hours.
Shadowing heart surgeon (10 hrs so far), will also shadow ophthalmologist.
Chair/future president of vision awareness, religious organization
Red Cross-teach children about safety, tutor high school kids, work to organize community service events

lor should be very good

Is this realistic? Should I add, remove, change any of these schools?

Harvard
Stanford
Duke
Emory
Case Western
UCLA
UCSD
UCSB
UC Irvine
UC Davis
USC
Georgetown
Ohio State
Tufts
Dartmouth
Albert Einstein College of Medicine in NY
Brown
Vanderbilt

Red Cross-teach children about safety, tutor high school kids, work to organize community service events

lor should be very good

Is this realistic? Should I add, remove, change any of these schools?

Harvard
Stanford
Duke
Emory
Case Western
UCLA
UCSD
UCSB
UC Irvine
UC Davis
USC
Georgetown
Ohio State
Tufts
Dartmouth
Albert Einstein College of Medicine in NY
Brown
Vanderbilt

I like your chances, but dont get too cocky a lot of your schools are heavily research based and by the looks of it that is an area where you are lacking. Possibly throw in some other schools-Drexel, Temple, Nymc.

I'm getting nervous as the flow of interview invites have started to dwindle, so any advice would be appreciated.

Some Background:
Ivy level undergrad (graduated May 2007)
Major: Psychology and Biomedical Engineering
BCPM: 3.47 (pre-med course grades were low)
Overall: 3.57
MCAT: 9V, 9P, 12B = 30Q

NY resident

EC:
-Vice Pres of cultural club
-various intramural sports and helped start club sport
-Teaching Assistant
-some hospital volunteer work for a year
-volunteer in New Orlean for Katrina relief
-mission trip to Philippines in summer for non-clinical experience
-Volunteer medical trip to Ghana, Africa for 4 months: shadowed in hospital, assisted in procedures, held health clinics in villages, worked in orphanage, etc.
-currently working in hospital in Boston as admin asst for GI doctors.

Research:
-1 semester in Psych Child Development lab.
-3 years in Nutrition lab (2 pending publications)
-Senior Honors thesis with poster presented at Society for Neuroscience Conference 2007.

LOR:
-i think pretty good since some interviewers have mentioned the quality.

Applied:
-U Chicago (rejected)
-BU (rejected)
-Wake Forest (rejected)
-Rochester (rejected)
-Dartmouth (rejected)
-Georgetown (rejected)

-Tufts (interviewed, active consideration)
-SUNY Buffalo (interviewed, wait-list)
-SUNY Stonybrook (interviewed, waiting for decision)
-SUNY Downstate (interview soon)
-Loma Linda (interviewing soon)
-New York Medical College (interviewing soon)
-SUNY Upstate (application on hold)
-GWU (application on hold)

-Albany
-Rosalind Franklin
-NYU
-Mt Sinai
-Emory
-Tulane
-Albert Einstein

Do I have a shot at anything?
I'm worried because my grades in pre-med courses were lower than they shouldve been (not being high achiever/modest).

Which schools are my best shot? ANY advice would be good.

I don't know that interview flow is necessarily dwindling... It seems that there is a lull with Thanksgiving... but I would expect a second round of invites in December and maybe a final round in January and early February

UC Santa Barbara does not have a med school.

I want to apply next year, but...

Major GPA: 3.0
AMCAS GPA: Possibly 2.5 (ouch)
MCAT 35Q 11v 11p 13b

Planning on taking a year off to work + volunteer

doing clinical exposure + research starting this year (I'm a senior undergrad)

Personal Statement: I believe I'm a decent writer, despite my mcat essay scores (according to my grades on school papers...my bad gpa is due to late/missing homework + lab reports, and night-before studying, partly because I thought I didn't want to do any professional/postgrad school, and thought if I did mediocre in school then my parents wouldn't make me go. Then I realized I actually wanted to go to medical school) so hopefully my ps will be good as well.

I want to apply to the best schools that will take me.

I just realized I really want to make this happen. Any advice?

I like your chances, but dont get too cocky a lot of your schools are heavily research based and by the looks of it that is an area where you are lacking. Possibly throw in some other schools-Drexel, Temple, Nymc.

Thanks for the advice.:). I am actually going to be doing research until I graduate and plan to get out a thesis. Still though, does anyone know if having an S for the writing score on the MCAT makes a difference for med schools?

How bad is a C? I'm about a year from deciding exactly where to apply to and all, but I read on another thread that some schools will automatically screen you out if you have ANY C's!!! It's not that surprising since med school is so competitive, but it really startled me cuz for the first time in my life I might get a C in a class, and I just withdrew from orgo (with good reason: I didn't think I learned the material well enough really learn orgo II, and the highest grade I could have gotten would have been a C+) :(

BACKGROUND: It's completely my fault for not learning how to study; I've never had to do more than attend class, do any required homework, and scan the notes the night before the exams. So far I haven't been freaking out since I have I pretty high GPA (3.85) to absorb the shock wave, but then I heard about the filtering out C's thing.

QUESTIONS:
1. How badly this one screwy semester is going to hurt my chances, and which schools should I just forget about entirely? (I like the DO philosophy but also like the awesome hard-science research opportunities available at some MD schools.)

2. As far as schools that specifically ask you to explain why you have a C, is there any way they'd let me in? I'm very honest with things like this; I don't make excuses, and even if I did there wouldn't be any excuses I could make.

3. How bad of an idea would it be to take a slightly lighter courseload next year (my junior year) if I were an RA? I really want to be an RA but everyone I know who's done it has either had to drop a class or has gotten lower grades than normal. On the other hand, I feel like taking 13-14 credits next year after a semester like this will probably imply that "no, Spin can't handle the med school curriculum." I'm taking ~16 credits next semester, none of which are fluff, but I feel like doing only one "hard" semester and two "easy" semesters before applying won't look so good. Another thing that makes it tempting to take an easy course-load for at least the next Fall is the fact that I need time to take an MCAT prep course, or at least time to study on my own.

4. Any suggestions for getting into Loyola? ::swoons::

Thanks for the advice.:). I am actually going to be doing research until I graduate and plan to get out a thesis. Still though, does anyone know if having an S for the writing score on the MCAT makes a difference for med schools?
I dont think its gonna make much of a difference at all. It may help just a smidgen, but dont count on it to boost your application. You look set though, good luck!!! O and dont apply to the schools i do (Please??) lol

How bad is a C? I'm about a year from deciding exactly where to apply to and all, but I read on another thread that some schools will automatically screen you out if you have ANY C's!!! It's not that surprising since med school is so competitive, but it really startled me cuz for the first time in my life I might get a C in a class, and I just withdrew from orgo (with good reason: I didn't think I learned the material well enough really learn orgo II, and the highest grade I could have gotten would have been a C+) :(

BACKGROUND: It's completely my fault for not learning how to study; I've never had to do more than attend class, do any required homework, and scan the notes the night before the exams. So far I haven't been freaking out since I have I pretty high GPA (3.85) to absorb the shock wave, but then I heard about the filtering out C's thing.

QUESTIONS:
1. How badly this one screwy semester is going to hurt my chances, and which schools should I just forget about entirely? (I like the DO philosophy but also like the awesome hard-science research opportunities available at some MD schools.)

2. As far as schools that specifically ask you to explain why you have a C, is there any way they'd let me in? I'm very honest with things like this; I don't make excuses, and even if I did there wouldn't be any excuses I could make.

3. How bad of an idea would it be to take a slightly lighter courseload next year (my junior year) if I were an RA? I really want to be an RA but everyone I know who's done it has either had to drop a class or has gotten lower grades than normal. On the other hand, I feel like taking 13-14 credits next year after a semester like this will probably imply that "no, Spin can't handle the med school curriculum." I'm taking ~16 credits next semester, none of which are fluff, but I feel like doing only one "hard" semester and two "easy" semesters before applying won't look so good. Another thing that makes it tempting to take an easy course-load for at least the next Fall is the fact that I need time to take an MCAT prep course, or at least time to study on my own.

4. Any suggestions for getting into Loyola? ::swoons::
Dont worry about your C, it probably wont hurt you at all unless maybe just maybe its in a prereq. Your gpa is good enough. Go ahead and be an Ra its been a good experience for me atleast.

Dont worry about your C, it probably wont hurt you at all unless maybe just maybe its in a prereq. Your gpa is good enough. Go ahead and be an Ra its been a good experience for me atleast.

Um.. yeah... it's in one of the basic prereq classes. I took AP physics in high school and thought I might as well do the super-hard-core honors physics with calc and actually learn something in college. At this point I kind of have to stick it out, since ADCOMs apparently don't like you to switch to easier tracks of things. At least a B is still possible, and I can make sure to do better in physics 2. So, how bad is it to have a C in a prereq? ::braces self::

Anyone care to spare some words on my MDapp? ... also...so far I've only considered schools in the Northeast. Are there any other MD schools where my numbers would be considered competitive for the next cycle? I'm flipping through the MSAR but its the 2007-2008 one and I'm not really coming up with much.

Anyone care to spare some words on my MDapp? ... also...so far I've only considered schools in the Northeast. Are there any other MD schools where my numbers would be considered competitive for the next cycle? I'm flipping through the MSAR but its the 2007-2008 one and I'm not really coming up with much.

Maybe try a search on MDApp, looking for your range of GPA and mcat? You can see what schools they got into and that might help?

Maybe try a search on MDApp, looking for your range of GPA and mcat? You can see what schools they got into and that might help?

yeah I've been fiddling around with MDapps but its not going to hot. I'm not interested in going to like top tier schools here...I'm just wondering what are some of the lower tier schools that are outside the northeast or within the northeast that i might've missed.

I have been fiddling around with MDapps also, but I was hoping someone could evaluate me too.

I was fortunate enough to get an acceptance the other day, but I would like any opinions on my chances to my other schools.
Would be much appreciated.

I'm not applying until next cycle, but was interested in some feedback on my application up to this point. Considering I get 30+ on the MCAT, which I have faith I will, how will my app look?
I'm also at a UC.

I'm not applying until next cycle, but was interested in some feedback on my application up to this point. Considering I get 30+ on the MCAT, which I have faith I will, how will my app look?
I'm also at a UC.

From my point of view you're golden just get above a 30 on the MCAT and get some good LORs together. GPA is set...ECs are solid. now just crush the mcat.

I dont think its gonna make much of a difference at all. It may help just a smidgen, but dont count on it to boost your application. You look set though, good luck!!! O and dont apply to the schools i do (Please??) lol
Thanks a lot. It looks like you post a lot. I appreciate the advice. Is there anything you or anyone else thinks I can do to boost my app more?

My app again:

Can anyone evaluate me?

GPA Overall: 3.69
GPA BCPM: 3.5
MCAT: Taking May 2008

EC's

Research:
Holocaust History and Public Memory- presented at United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, received a research reward, considering publishing

Shadowing:
Will have: 30 hours- general medicine (family practice) 20 hours general pediatrics, 50+ hours, Pediatric Oncology/hematology, and possibly some surgical hours

Work Experience:
work as a nanny for 3 kids ages infant-5 (around 15 hours a week- more during first 2 years)

Volunteer:
Volunteer at a Children's Hospital- tutoring and child life- over 250 hours to date
Counselor at camp for children with Crohns/Colitis
-might switch to ER volunteer
-will be doing another camp this summer

International Experience:
Study abroad 2007: Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic- Holocaust Studies
Study abroad 2008: Scheduled to be in Belize- Marine Biology
previous abroad
2004: Church Missions Trip- Buenos Aires, Argentina
2005: Worked with Orphans and school children in Mozambique

Many other random awards, volunteer work, hobbies, etc.

Can anyone evaluate me?

GPA Overall: 3.69
GPA BCPM: 3.5
MCAT: Taking May 2008

EC's

Research:
Holocaust History and Public Memory- presented at United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, received a research reward, considering publishing

Shadowing:
Will have: 30 hours- general medicine (family practice) 20 hours general pediatrics, 50+ hours, Pediatric Oncology/hematology, and possibly some surgical hours

Work Experience:
work as a nanny for 3 kids ages infant-5 (around 15 hours a week- more during first 2 years)

Volunteer:
Volunteer at a Children's Hospital- tutoring and child life- over 250 hours to date
Counselor at camp for children with Crohns/Colitis
-might switch to ER volunteer
-will be doing another camp this summer

International Experience:
Study abroad 2007: Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic- Holocaust Studies
Study abroad 2008: Scheduled to be in Belize- Marine Biology
previous abroad
2004: Church Missions Trip- Buenos Aires, Argentina
2005: Worked with Orphans and school children in Mozambique

Many other random awards, volunteer work, hobbies, etc.
Keep in mind I am by no means an expert, but your ECs are very original and impressive, your GPA is average (I am not sure how ADCOMS approach your situation, I am sure favorably), but it is kind of hard to give you your chances without an MCAT score and without knowing what schools you are shooting for. However, if you score at the average or maybe slightly below average for the schools you want to apply to, I think You will get in. (as long as its not JHU, or Wash U)

Good luck!

So I've already started looking at next cycle...I flipped through my MSAR and made a list...i'm posting it here so some people could check it twice (haha holiday cheer). My mdapp is on the left and in the interim year i plan on volunteering my ass off at the local hospital and overhauling my personal statement. Total number of MD schools is 24...to me they all look good but if there is something I'm missing and I wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell then let me know and ill take it into consideration. Thanks in advance folks.

IL
1.Rosalind Franklin University
2.Southern Illinois University
3.University of Illinois at Chicago
KY
4.University of Louisville
LA
5.Tulane University
MI
6.Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
7.Wayne State University
NJ
8.UMDNJ – NJMS
9.UMDNJ –RWJ
NY
10.University at Buffalo
11.Albany Medical College
12.NYMC
13.SUNY Downstate
PA
14.Drexel
15.Temple
16.Jefferson
SC
17.University of South Carolina
TX
18.Texas Tech
19.University of Texas at San Antonio
VA
20.Eastern Virginia MS
21.Virginia Commonwealth University
WV
22.Marshall University
DC
23.George Washington
VT
24.University of Vermont

So I've already started looking at next cycle...I flipped through my MSAR and made a list...i'm posting it here so some people could check it twice (haha holiday cheer). My mdapp is on the left and in the interim year i plan on volunteering my ass off at the local hospital and overhauling my personal statement. Total number of MD schools is 24...to me they all look good but if there is something I'm missing and I wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell then let me know and ill take it into consideration. Thanks in advance folks.

IL
1.Rosalind Franklin University
2.Southern Illinois University
3.University of Illinois at Chicago
KY
4.University of Louisville
LA
5.Tulane University
MI
6.Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
7.Wayne State University
NJ
8.UMDNJ – NJMS
9.UMDNJ –RWJ
NY
10.University at Buffalo
11.Albany Medical College
12.NYMC
13.SUNY Downstate
PA
14.Drexel
15.Temple
16.Jefferson
SC
17.University of South Carolina
TX
18.Texas Tech
19.University of Texas at San Antonio
VA
20.Eastern Virginia MS
21.Virginia Commonwealth University
WV
22.Marshall University
DC
23.George Washington
VT
24.University of Vermont
Take off Southern Illinois they only accept in state, Louisville, Marshall, and Univ of south carolina are also very heavily in state, Univ Of Illinois Chicago is probably a stretch as well as texas tech. Maybe add Univ Toledo,

Status
Not open for further replies.