The old community college vs. 4 year university debate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sabin,

When you're on THIS forum, and you're communicating with professionals, which in some cases is applicable, it's time to grow up. And "sticking your tongue out" really shows your maturity level.

There's a huge difference between being elitist and being professional.....but if I have to explain the difference, then you're obviously a long way off from being a professional.

If and when you want to be a professional, you have to act like a professional. And that's not a part time job.

Members don't see this ad.

What I want is an all-in-one phone/car key/timepiece/ID/credit card device so I don't have to fill my pockets with 8 pounds of stuff when I leave home. I'd probably send it through the wash though and cease to exist.

just get a man purse!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sabin,

When you're on THIS forum, and you're communicating with professionals, which in some cases is applicable, it's time to grow up. And "sticking your tongue out" really shows your maturity level.

There's a huge difference between being elitist and being professional.....but if I have to explain the difference, then you're obviously a long way off from being a professional.

If and when you want to be a professional, you have to act like a professional. And that's not a part time job.

well this is the pre-pod section on a free online forum. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to go back making fun of man-purses. XD

emoticons and stupid text icons are 13.6% of what is wrong with america's youth.

emoticons and stupid text icons are 13.6% of what is wrong with america's youth.
I have to agree and disagree here. See those things aren't so bad in my eyes, it's crap like tHiS tHaT gEtz tO mE. Or even worse the shortening of words to such a slang that is not only hard to understand but annoying as hell. For instance, "let's go to the mall and eat some pizza" would be turned into "lz g2 mll n et sum pzza!!" There is a typing of language which is equivalent to non-verbals. For instance "lol" can make or break certain convo tensions. It's really interesting if you ask me. Every friend I have (mostly medical students) uses "omg" "lol" "wtf" etc. My ex gf was asian and always used things like *(>^__^<)* and kkkkkkkkkkk and it added some flava and persona to the boring, gramatically correct convo. But then again if I was talking to Barack Obama online and he said things like "STFU" or "OMFG" then it would just be weird, so I guess it depends on who you are and how you act in person as well since they carry over. And though it's important to maintain professionalism, it's just as important to maintain a level of light heartedness.

just get a man purse!

God I can only imagine. I get some hell from from a few friends for just crossing my legs 'like a girl', I can only imagine if I wore a man purse. I haven't seen this movie but in the The In-Laws there is a main character who is a podiatrist that always wears a fanny pack. It's a funny scene: http://mx.truveo.com/The-InLaws-Is-That-A-Fanny-Pack/id/144115225049430317

PADPM, we may have a problem if you come in saying something like "Well call me old school, but I have a white leather man purse that carries my pager, tool kit for my Rolex, and some strawberry fig newtons for when I'm hungry" haha.

Last edited:
spoO1,

Don't worry, I can guarantee you that you'll never find me walking around with a "man purse", belt-pack or even a cell phone clipped to my belt.

I think you have one of the other forum members mixed up with the "man purse" issue.

I pretty much of a minimalist.

spoO1,

Don't worry, I can guarantee you that you'll never find me walking around with a "man purse", belt-pack or even a cell phone clipped to my belt.

I think you have one of the other forum members mixed up with the "man purse" issue.

HAHA are you hinting at me? :p

/

amen. I am moving tomorrow to Des Moines. If I have not worn a piece of clothing or used something in the last 3 months, it is going to the salvation army. This concept is hard for my fiance to grasp, no matter how much I try and beat it into her thick skull....figure of speech???.... I am anti IPod too. I listen to a song for a few months and then I don't want to here it again. I need 1 gig and that is it. Less is more. While I can't afford a nice watch now, I will get one eventually. I would rather have fewer nice things than lots of crappy things.

amen. I am moving tomorrow to Des Moines. If I have not worn a piece of clothing or used something in the last 3 months, it is going to the salvation army. This concept is hard for my fiance to grasp, no matter how much I try and beat it into her thick skull....figure of speech???.... I am anti IPod too. I listen to a song for a few months and then I don't want to here it again. I need 1 gig and that is it. Less is more. While I can't afford a nice watch now, I will get one eventually. I would rather have fewer nice things than lots of crappy things.

why am I not surprised? :p