The Republic of Texas X: You do NOT have multiple offers from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck everyone, i remember this day last year...it will come and go before u know it, just try and relax.

And congrats skye on the md/mba acceptance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and 350 more posts to go, better pick up the pace.

Gee, if this were tomorrow, I might could chuck it and give a stump speech instead of talking about the biochemistry of fruit ripening...

As it is, the instructor has been accepted to the MD/PhD program for next year (he deferred a year), and he may be my classmate next year...so I have to be nice.;)

I guess you could be nice... but it's more fun not to be! Hah!

OK, I am really tired right now and not making much sense... must continue to do experiments... Argh!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh and 350 more posts to go, better pick up the pace.

We should hit that in no time...

(Or is it just me who's replying to everything to get the post padded?)

I'm all into padding today (remember, I'm doing two presentations!!)

yeah, I should be working on my Latin translation, but instead I am HERE.......hahahahaha

actually, I lost some padding already today when the instructor chewed our tails off...;)

do you really offer free tax advice?

absolutely!! I work (occasionally) for one of the mega accounting firms, and my billing rate is so high (think doctor rates), so I feel I need to offer my expertise free as often as possible!

absolutely!! I work (occasionally) for one of the mega accounting firms, and my billing rate is so high (think doctor rates), so I feel I need to offer my expertise free as often as possible!
I might need some help when it comes time. I'm getting married soon and my fiancee's tax situation is.. unknown. She went to get tax advice once, but apparently it was from finance majors (undergrads) instead of an actual CPA or anyone like that.

I am really nervous, and scared. :scared:

aggiesean, i realize you're sleeping and may not see this post because it will hopefully be buried 4 pages away by tonight:

honestly, of anyone on this thread, you seem to be the most likely to hear good news tonight. you look like a stud applicant and you have interviewed at every single medical school in Texas. i would even place my money on you over nomoreplz (no offense, your applicant profile is ungodly anyways so i doubt you'll take offense) to get an acceptance or 5 today.

good luck tonight (though you dont need it).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys just wanted to wish you good luck. Hopefully once you been selected you'll elect to come Dallas. ;) Also if you have any questions about UTSW feel free to ask.

Theres no shame in padding the numbers. I have pretty much doubled my total number of posts in the name of the cause in the past 24 hours. And even though I'm going to be at work, I pledge another 30-50 posts before midnight.

To all of you that get offers tonight. Don't forget about us when you are relaxing until August. We will carry on the torch of doubt, apprehension, and self-criticism. Well at least I will. :love:I love all of you. You know, like a cute fuzzy pet kind of love.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo it's Wednesday! Another step closer!

let's do it.

did you catch nip/tuck last night? i hear it was really good.

yes. yes i did... and god bless that schoolgirl character. shes got quite a saucy disposition.

yes. yes i did... and god bless that schoolgirl character. shes got quite a saucy disposition.
i forgot it was on last night :(

i will shamedly admit that I was watching Real Housewives of Orange County
disturbed.gif

i forgot it was on last night :(

i will shamedly admit that I was watching Real Housewives of Orange County
disturbed.gif

isnt that a reality show? i get it confused with another show that comes on out here (out west) that has a misleading name about "orange county" but its a homeowners program about zoning laws meetings and the such.

you definitely missed a good episode last night though. ijust started watching it this season, but its pretty good. it'll prob come on again tonight late so that you can watch it while you wait for TMDSAS news.

isnt that a reality show? i get it confused with another show that comes on out here (out west) that has a misleading name about "orange county" but its a homeowners program about zoning laws meetings and the such.

you definitely missed a good episode last night though. ijust started watching it this season, but its pretty good. it'll prob come on again tonight late so that you can watch it while you wait for TMDSAS news.
yeah I'll be sure to catch it at some point. they reshow them on Friday and Sundays nights I think.

yes, this Real Housewives show is a reality show. it's basically a bunch of millionaire women with spoiled kids. It's interesting though, because I can't imagine what it's like having that much money. one couple is "downgrading" to a 4000 sq ft house and the woman thinks it will be too small. only she and her husband will be living there.

hey so who all are we expecting to email tonight. I know UTH did last year around midnight but was there anyone else?

yeah I'll be sure to catch it at some point. they reshow them on Friday and Sundays nights I think.

yes, this Real Housewives show is a reality show. it's basically a bunch of millionaire women with spoiled kids. It's interesting though, because I can't imagine what it's like having that much money. one couple is "downgrading" to a 4000 sq ft house and the woman thinks it will be too small. only she and her husband will be living there.

its very easy to swallow once you live out here for a little while. thats one of the reasons that i cant wait to get out of here. the culture is incredibly superficial and materialistic. i see rolls royces and bentleys every day. a porsche is disappointing. its like an arms race to see who can spend the most money. there are some great benefits to the west coast (most notably the weather and the beach), but i have had my fill of it.

i need to get ready for work so im going to have to take a short break.

~300 posts left...

I just hope to be able to rent & drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini for at least a day before I die.

there are quite a few special rental businesses here that allow you to do that... gotta keep up appearances here even if youre just visiting.

if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. no use getting riled up over something you can't control

but there are some things you can control. like what you're having for lunch.

what are you guys doing? I'm thinking Double Dave's

How does everyone find the time to post? I just now got a break from class @_@

Goo! The day is at hand. Well, almost. I shall be helping to add to the post count, but I must get back to sleep. :luck: for all of us!!!

dirka dirka dirka

What do you guys think of the new season of Scrubs so far? I thought the first episode sucked, but the next two were alright... they had their moments... but still nothing close to what Scrubs used to be. Comments?

Are you greek or just in love with santorini? Your screenname makes me think you are greek...

I love Greece, but I am not greek. I wish I were...:laugh:
This picture is from Oya where there are lots of sweet natured dogs walking around town.

on wednesday i teach from 8-10 and 1-3, so I have that time free in between.

I am at work secretly scoping out the thread....keep it up people :thumbup:
Hang in there! :D

lol. I have a laptop too, but unfortunately I have classes where it's a big no-no to pull it out while the professor is talking. Especially if I'm working in the lab haha.

I must hurry and type before my boss catches me. Onward and upward... tally-ho! (I don't know if that is spelled correctly). I long to be accepted to medical school so I can be released from this oppressive hellhole called work. I miss school. Wow, that is super sadomasochistic but true. If me three years ago could only see me now.

I'm so nervous....

Me too. I'm really scared of checking my e-mail too early and seeing nothing. I'm debating not checking it til like 5 pm tomorrow. I don't know if I can do it but I don't know if I can handle seeing "You have no new messages" :(

I am taking a break from a very challenging work day. I am a chemistry team leader in a high school and one team member resigned yesterday. Grades for my 150 students plus his 170 students are due tomorrow. I, as team leader (paid all the extra big bucks), get to clean up the mess. I had always thought I would sleep and check my email in the morning, but now I think that I will be working until then!!!

Good luck to everyone. And for perspective, the waiting isn't nearly as bad as when you are pregnant and on bed rest. For months. It just happens that my soon to be 2 year old has a birthday tomorrow. I am hoping for a good omen.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhharrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh.

DSC03342.jpg
Have a picture of the TMC @ sunset. This thread will never make it to 1000 at this rate.

:barf: I seriously don't feel good...bleh. I need to call Tulane but I'm almost scared to...

almost down to 12 hours...

...where was our story-weaver, we need to create fuel for more posts

I hope my internet is down tomorrow

LOL, somehow I don't think the internet at work will be down...I really don't want to stay up tonight (since I don't have much point...unless UTH shows me some mucho :love:) but I fear I won't be able to sleep anyways. Plus my family just left for a band competition thingy up in Indy so I'll be all alone...yall are my support system, got it? ;)