The Republic of Texas X: You do NOT have multiple offers from schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't see why it would be that. I've seen people from Tech at every interview I've had so far, I know that A&M and Southwestern certainly accept plenty of people from Texas Tech each year. Sure is puzzling though. When did you turn in your secondaries to A&M and Southwestern?

Late July, before my TMDSAS was processed and they both were strong secondaries. I even worked with the career center and writing center to ensure high quality. Who knows.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just waiting for the LMFU thing to start again.....:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Late July, before my TMDSAS was processed and they both were strong secondaries. I even worked with the career center and writing center to ensure high quality. Who knows.

You are probably a victim of "the machine."

I was wanting to see if anyone could explain this anomaly regarding my application:

Look at my MDApp profile and see if you can explain no interview from TAMU and UTSW. I am beginning to wonder if my undergrad college is being discriminated against because it is not in the same league as UT and A&M.

Anybody got any ideas?

I received an interview at A&M but not uthscsa with similar scores. I also go to tech, so its not a undergrad thing. And i dont want to be a jerk, but you should be thankful for all the interviews you did get, because there are plenty of people reading this who haven't received any not to mention you might still be interviewed at both of these schools.

I just copied/pasted this from the UTH website (which they changed since the last I saw it).
MCAT 39-18
Median MCAT 30
Mean 30.1
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how important is race in admissions?

Ha, I am wrong again. Jeez, just not my day today. Sorry for the bad info, guys.

And race? If you're a URM. . .its a godsend. From personal experience, two of my friends who were URM had MCATs below 27 and GPA's around 3.6 and both received prematch offers from multiple schools. Eventually went to UTSW.

I don't know if this is what you were asking or not, but URM = great chance, but if you're any other race I dont think it matters/has no importance.

Wow, so much tension in this thread. Everyone take a deep breath...let it out...good!!!! ;)

Or maybe we should all try this instead:
:beat:

i just feel that not hearing back during pre-match will require me to deal with my senioritis. The only problem is that i stopped caring soo long ago that even making 100's across the board on all remaining exams wont help my grade one bit.

TMDSAS --------> :beat: <-------- My application

I wanna beat a dead donkey too ... :(

anyway, how is eevryone's feelings on pre-match offers? I am hopin I get one from UTMB. Good luck

Here's to hoping for a pre-match from UTMB :thumbup:

and first day and already 60 posts....this thread will be gone before next thursday no doubt

:beat:

actually, I feel a little better after doing that.

Back to Guitar Hero......

Members don't see this ad :)
This is animal cruelty.

Is this better?

spankys-monkey.jpg

This is animal cruelty.
Anyone want to dredge up that vivisection thread again? ;)

On a side note, I read the other day that the japanese look for facial emotions in the eyes, whereas americans look at the mouth.

case in point:
Code:
^_^ vs :)
;_; vs :(
^_~ vs ;)

(apparently, the 1st icon in each pair originated in japan IM, while the 2nd originated in the US)

Anyone want to dredge up that vivisection thread again? ;)

On a side note, I read the other day that the japanese look for facial emotions in the eyes, whereas americans look at the mouth.

case in point:
Code:
^_^ vs :)
;_; vs :(
^_~ vs ;)

(apparently, the 1st icon in each pair originated in japan IM, while the 2nd originated in the US)
;):D:(:idea::p

And you sir, are from mars ;).

Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Did I mention the car is a car?

Sold.

Can we get an LMFU rundown? Anyones changed?

Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Did I mention the car is a car?

Sold.

I can't see why Family Guy isn't more popular. Did you catch the 100th episode. Seth Macfarland is a pretty creative guy.

Where did everyone do undergrad here ? Just curious ...

ST

Can we get an LMFU rundown? Anyones changed?

I checked earlier today, still no change, even though I had my Tech interview. This is a saaaad day. ;_;

Ok this sounds stupid but what is LFMU stand for?

mine's still 10/24 which corresponds to nothing that i can think of.

it changed 10/17 when my transcripts were received and then again on the 24th.

:confused:

Ok this sounds stupid but what is LFMU stand for?

Lord of the Medical File Umpires.

Only He knows who among us DO have multiple offers from schools.

Mine has remained steadfast at 10/10/07, the day of my Tech interview

Ok, I don't want to start a big URM discussion but I was wondering...I am bi-racial---half caucasian and half hispanic. Is that considered URM?

ive started to have nightmares about missing interviews and other ridiculous problems with my application again....

Its beginning to feel a lot like the week before my MCAT came out. I know i am not the only one going through this. Im praying for all of us that Feb 1st come very quickly.

by the way, is this early pre match deal in texas making anybody else lose focus on oos schools/interviews?

Ok, I don't want to start a big URM discussion but I was wondering...I am bi-racial---half caucasian and half hispanic. Is that considered URM?

There's a forum for that. Underrepresented in medicine. Or start a new thread in pre-allo. Don't hijack this one please.

ive started to have nightmares about missing interviews and other ridiculous problems with my application again....

Its beginning to feel a lot like the week before my MCAT came out. I know i am not the only one going through this. Im praying for all of us that Feb 1st come very quickly.

by the way, is this early pre match deal in texas making anybody else lose focus on oos schools/interviews?

There are schools outside of Texas? o_O

I can't see why Family Guy isn't more popular. Did you catch the 100th episode. Seth Macfarland is a pretty creative guy.

Yup, he's awesome. To be honest, if I wasn't en route to becoming a doctor, my next career choice would be cartoon show writter. I have no idea how someone gets started in that business.

Yup, he's awesome. To be honest, if I wasn't en route to becoming a doctor, my next career choice would be cartoon show writter. I have no idea how someone gets started in that business.

Move to Hollywood. Be the personal garbage boy for Seth. Maybe he'll sneak you into a studio sometime. :p

Move to Hollywood. Be the personal garbage boy for Seth. Maybe he'll sneak you into a studio sometime. :p

They don't have Cartoon writers .... manities do that, didn't you guys watch southpark?

They don't have Cartoon writers .... manities do that, didn't you guys watch southpark?

It's manatee. I'm sure of it. I read a book on it once...

Peter, are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?

...Oh yeah

Eff it, people don't get it

:)

I don't want to start a big political discussion, but does anyone else think Hillary is the Antichrist?

I think that is the spark of a huge political discussion, so I'd like to avoid it if possible on this thread. I wholeheartedly agree with you Sean, but I'd like to keep it civil here on this thread and stick to paranoia and anxiety.

I think that is the spark of a huge political discussion, so I'd like to avoid it if possible on this thread. I wholeheartedly agree with you Sean, but I'd like to keep it civil here on this thread and stick to paranoia and anxiety.

I agree and will not make any further comments on the matter.

I don't want to start a big political discussion, but does anyone else think Hillary is the Antichrist?

Quite possibly, but she'd still be better than Bush:thumbdown:

There's a forum for that. Antichrists and their role in medicine. Or start a new thread in pre-allo. Don't condemn this one to a thousand torments in hell, please.

There's a forum for that. Antichrists and their role in medicine. Or start a new thread in pre-allo. Don't condemn this one to a thousand torments in hell, please.

Ok, I was being completely sarcastic. I was illustrating a point. The point being that you can't say "I don't mean to bring up x" and then say something controversial or whatever about "x."

Oh my God! Read my post, I was just making a point about being controversial. PLEASE.

Ok, I was being completely sarcastic. I was illustrating a point. The point being that you can't say "I don't mean to bring up x" and then say something controversial or whatever about "x."

Oh, I got it. I was simply adding my sarcasm to yours in hopes that they would form a synergestic relationship and be even more sarcastic than when simply component parts.