The Republic of Texas XXXV: Breakfast Tacos All Day Everyday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T-minus 13 days.... Things that you can do to pass the time while you wait: Power watch two Seasons of Rick and Morty
I'm an adult. I don't watch cartoons. :p

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an adult. I don't watch cartoons. :p
You should try this one. It's good. Also I wish tmdsas didn't have this month delay wait. Like, what could really be changed? Interviews I went on said they make their decision on you right after that day and you get a grade to determine the acceptance akin to an order of merit list. Ugh!

But for real, go watch the keep summer safe episode.

I've only got 1 II so far from UTRGV, all the other schools have been DEAD SILENT! Thank goodness I applied to several OOS schools because I think I've been shut out from the Lone Star State this cycle
Don't sleep on UTRGV, it's a great school and will offer a different med school experience because of how underserved the area is

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't sleep on UTRGV, it's a great school and will offer a different med school experience because of how underserved the area is
Underserved areas are great for medical education. It's where you see diseases at every stage and learn to deal with complex issues. Definitely a big plus for utrgv and uthscsa

I've only got 1 II so far from UTRGV, all the other schools have been DEAD SILENT! Thank goodness I applied to several OOS schools because I think I've been shut out from the Lone Star State this cycle

I am in the exact same situation. :eek: But hey, having at least one II means we are interview-worthy, and Nov. 15 could be a great day for both of us (assuming you already interviewed)! We could still get IIs over the next two months.

I am in the exact same situation. :eek: But hey, having at least one II means we are interview-worthy, and Nov. 15 could be a great day for both of us (assuming you already interviewed)! We could still get IIs over the next two months.

More or less in the same boat with 2 interviews. Hoping for more!

Ugh I am so salty over this month delay. I have friends getting accepted within a week of their interviews... and it'll be over two months for me IF I even hear back for prematch. I was a relatively later applicant too so I can't even imagine what it's like for those of y'all that interviewed July/August!

Cartoons are definitely for adults! :p If you like superheros Young Justice is amazing and on Netflix. Right now I'm working through Game of Thrones and I just got the books from the library so hopefully that'll keep me occupied.

Reactions: 1 user
T-minus 12 days.... Things that you can do to pass the time while you wait: Hang out with your friends... If you don't have friends, you probably have a cat. Who am I kidding you're on SDN. Go hang out with your cat

T-minus 11 days.... Things that you can do to pass the time while you wait: Pick up a new skill like twerking....gotta have a plan B playa

I'm extremely excited about my II at UTRGV, I'm just surprised I haven't heard anything from the other schools, not even a rejection (do they reject during the cycle?). I'm hoping Tech will grant me an II, I feel it's mission is pretty similar to UTRGV's

Nah, I interview on Dec.2. I asked to reschedule and the only date open was Nov. 7, which is way too short notice for me and my job

I'm extremely excited about my II at UTRGV, I'm just surprised I haven't heard anything from the other schools, not even a rejection (do they reject during the cycle?). I'm hoping Tech will grant me an II, I feel it's mission is pretty similar to UTRGV's

I think the TX schools wait until after interviews are done to reject. Hopefully we all get more IIs, I would love more!

Aaaaand II just now, lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I had two TX II in July and August. I was completely early July. Am I just not getting anymore this cycle? Any words of wisdom?

Seriously, I am giving up hope.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had two TX II in July and August. I was completely early July. Am I just not getting anymore this cycle? Any words of wisdom?

Seriously, I am giving up hope.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same boat :( hang in there!

I care more about November 15th than November 8th tbh.

I should go drown my anxiety in salsa.

One week!!!!! Things to do to pass the time : find out who people are voting for and tell them that it's a bad decision and tell them how much better the other candidate is

One week!!!!! Things to do to pass the time : find out who people are voting for and tell them that it's a bad decision and tell them how much better the other candidate is
Voting is so 2012. 2016 is about chaos and destruction.

Which schools send out pre match at midnight on November 15?

I looked into when schools send out prematch emails

SA - 12:40
UTMB - 1 am
UTH - 6 or 8 am? not sure
UTSW - 12 - 12:15
TAMU - afternoon last yr, 12:10 the yr before

I got bored after checking these schools. Might look up the rest later

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-match day is looming... it's getting real guys. Sdfjkngdfkgndkfjgn Idk how I'm gonna get through Monday calmly.

Reactions: 1 users
Hoping for a real busy day at work tomorrow...

calm before the storm...

I kept myself super busy during the day but now that I'm home idk what I can do to pass 6 more hrs of wait (or possibly more hours... lots and lots of em....... :boom:)

So I assume we are all staying up late tonight? I'll be reporting back in at midnight even though the emails will likely be spaced throughout tomorrow. Good luck, everyone!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
How do y'all like SA vs. A&M vs. UTMB?

I haven't interviewed at SA, but I liked the half day aspect of UTMB, but I also liked the fact that A&M is 1.5 years and then you can move to a big city for your clinicals. I don't know how I'm going to order my rank list haha (still have to interview at the Techs, but the fact that they are far away from major cities is making me lean towards either A&M or UTMB first.)

I think a big factor is the location. Do you need to be in a larger city or would you be happy in Galveston or College Station? Is having to move during med school a dealbreaker for you?

UTMB, SA, and A&M all had a good vibe with regards to the environment but I think SA is probably is the winner of the three in that aspect. SA's curriculum gives a lot of time off to prepare for step, which is nice. The person presenting at SA also mentioned some data (don't remember what exactly) and claimed to be the 3rd best school in the state behind Baylor and UTSW. UTMB's average step 1 scores are impressive and I really liked the half-day curriculum. Texas A&M's flexibility to move after 1st year is cool and A&M provides more options and connections for clinical rotations all over Texas. Not sure how I will rank them. They're all great schools

Tomorrow is the last day that TMDSAS schools can offer pre-matches to Texas residents, so good luck to all who have yet to receive a pre-match, and congratulations to others who have already received some!

On a related note: be sure to send in TMDSAS school rankings by January 20th! Remember you must rank ALL schools you've interviewed at, and there is no way to "game" the TMDSAS match system. Simply rank the schools in accordance to preference. You can also submit your rankings multiple times before January 20th, in case you change your mind about your preferences.

Match results are posted on the TMDSAS page, yes?

Also, I believe this is the way to fill out the match list. Just put numbers (1, 2, ...) in all boxes and then hit submit. Reminder, if you do not, even with a prematch, you will lose your matches!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.23.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 10.23.27 PM.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 109
Also, I believe this is the way to fill out the match list. Just put numbers (1, 2, ...) in all boxes and then hit submit. Reminder, if you do not, even with a prematch, you will lose your matches!!!
My list looks a little shorter

Reactions: 3 users
In TMDSAS site, when you click on "Save and Submit Preferences", it always says "School preference rank was successfully saved." It never says it was successfully submitted. Is that what you are seeing? Hope it is actually getting submitted.

In TMDSAS site, when you click on "Save and Submit Preferences", it always says "School preference rank was successfully saved." It never says it was successfully submitted. Is that what you are seeing? Hope it is actually getting submitted.
How is this confusing?