These are my Confessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1) omg check out that LEAP!

2) do you think the cat was maybe by a nest and the bird just had a flawed method of attack?

3) and the cat just walks off like... I gots a bird y'all. Now what?

I mean it is possible there was a nest nearby, but I don't know. In my opinion, birds are just jerks because they can be.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean it is possible there was a nest nearby, but I don't know. In my opinion, birds are just jerks because they can be.
Truth. I have a nice thumb scar, courtesy of an amazon parrot to prove it. Although I feel like the owner was a bigger jerk to not tell me until after the bird bit me that they always used a stick to pick him up.

Truth. I have a nice thumb scar, courtesy of an amazon parrot to prove it. Although I feel like the owner was a bigger jerk to not tell me until after the bird bit me that they always used a stick to pick him up.
I like birds but yeah, they can be big jerks. They seem to be more unpredictable than most dogs and cats too. Geese are the absolute worst though.
I was bitten by a crow once :heckyeah:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think vetties are way cooler than med students.

I'd be okay if they burned this whole site to the ground except for Pre-vet and the Lounge.

I frequently misread pre-vet as pervert.

That's all I've got.

Reactions: 8 users

2) do you think the cat was maybe by a nest and the bird just had a flawed method of attack?

yeah, tbh, that looks like the behavior of a bird trying to defend its nest filled with baby birds.
Doesn't seem so funny when you see it from that light.

And the cat seemed unusually interested in something, so makes sense to me.

I guess, in the end, the babies were protected.... but at a high cost.

That looks like a mockingbird. They do that sort of ish for fun :laugh:.

Talking about bird bites reminded me:
When I was a kid I used to brag that no animals had ever bitten me, therefore they must all like me. Looking back, I realize that I wasn't around enough animals often enough for that to be much of an accomplishment. I have now been bitten by a dog, a couple cats (mostly my own :yeahright: ), a few birds (including a hawk! Glad I was wearing gloves), a hamster, and a rabbit. Not so special after all.

Talking about bird bites reminded me:
When I was a kid I used to brag that no animals had ever bitten me, therefore they must all like me. Looking back, I realize that I wasn't around enough animals often enough for that to be much of an accomplishment. I have now been bitten by a dog, a couple cats (mostly my own :yeahright: ), a few birds (including a hawk! Glad I was wearing gloves), a hamster, and a rabbit. Not so special after all.

There's this thing we equestrians say.... the more you fall off, the better rider you'll be. Sooo by association, the more you get bit, the better vet you'll be! (Of course those statements are predicated on being able to learn from the incidents)

That looks like a mockingbird. They do that sort of ish for fun :laugh:.

I had to follow one around for my behavior class... Neighbors thought I was being creepy... They're super territorial creatures.

Hmmmm, when I am stressed I stress cook and subsequently stress eat.

Also I am dating a girl way out of my league right now which all but my best friends don't know about. Also skipped several classes and other stuff I should be doing to hang out with her :oops:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I spent a good part of class last year playing Pokemon instead of paying attention to lectures.

I'm a crazy guinea pig owner...but most probably know that about me already.

And I had the most delicious, artery clogging sandwich the other day for dinner. It consisted of buffalo chicken strips, mozzarella sticks, friend onion rings, bacon and provolone cheese with a side of tater tots. We also ordered Old Bay fries with cheese whiz on the side. I have absolutely zero regrets and will probably get it again in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 5 users
I had to follow one around for my behavior class... Neighbors thought I was being creepy... They're super territorial creatures.
Did you take that at NCSU or is that a more universal behavior class assignment? :laugh:

Confession: I'm eating straight chocolate chips right now instead of something properly nutritious. Oh well.

Reactions: 2 users
Did you take that at NCSU or is that a more universal behavior class assignment? :laugh:

Confession: I'm eating straight chocolate chips right now instead of something properly nutritious. Oh well.
i think its a universal thing, my canadian roommate had to follow animals around and document their behaviors too (and it made her super weird) :shrug:

Hmmmm, when I am stressed I stress cook and subsequently stress eat.

Also I am dating a girl way out of my league right now which all but my best friends don't know about. Also skipped several classes and other stuff I should be doing to hang out with her :oops:
Brb happy friend cuteness overload
excited-ron-swanson.gif

tumblr_m88prlx3k81qeteql.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Ohh!

And I'm obsessed with Cheerwine and flipped out when a local fried chicken place that opened up decided they'd carry it. I will be picking up more when I'm down in NC for a wedding in April.

Even though I know other behavior classes with similar assignments...
Yes, I did take it at ncsu. ;) that lady was a very interesting character.

i think its a universal thing, my canadian roommate had to follow animals around and document their behaviors too (and it made her super weird) :shrug:
The assignment here is specifically a mockingbird, though. My roomie had to take it a couple years ago and I had to point out what a mockingbird was to her, haha!

And I had the most delicious, artery clogging sandwich the other day for dinner. It consisted of buffalo chicken strips, mozzarella sticks, friend onion rings, bacon and provolone cheese with a side of tater tots. We also ordered Old Bay fries with cheese whiz on the side. I have absolutely zero regrets and will probably get it again in the next few weeks.
That sounds amazing.

yeah, tbh, that looks like the behavior of a bird trying to defend its nest filled with baby birds.
Doesn't seem so funny when you see it from that light.

And the cat seemed unusually interested in something, so makes sense to me.

I guess, in the end, the babies were protected.... but at a high cost.

Ohh!

And I'm obsessed with Cheerwine and flipped out when a local fried chicken place that opened up decided they'd carry it. I will be picking up more when I'm down in NC for a wedding in April.

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH CHEERWINE. Probably the only regular soda I like besides sprite. I'm not sure if there are Cracker Barrel restaurants where you are, but they carry them in the store!

1. I've been addicted to Masterpiece Theater, BBC, British/Australian/NZ films & television for so long that I no longer hear accents.
2. I'm addicted to sugar (1st step, YAY!)
3. I love Japanese pens and European notebooks/journals.
4. COMICON is my Mecca. :droid::vulcan:
5. I bleed coffee...and Sleepy-Time tea.
6. I could make this list go on for a really long time.:D

Reactions: 1 users
Ohh!

I am moving to Philly this fall; I was practically weaned on Cheerwine; you must tell me the name of this fried chicken joint.

My confession: I like Fall Out Boy so much, I have seen them 21 times in concert, met them four times, and have a Fall Out Boy tattoo.

Fan girl forever :p

Reactions: 4 users
1. I envy the kid in my class that got accepted to vet school for the fall, and I'm really mad because she's completely clueless but got accepted because she looks better on paper than I do!
2. I'm scared I won't get into vet school, and I don't know what to do with my life if I don't...
3. I also sing in the car, slam sodas like their going out of style (love RC cola), and can't walk into a dark room!

Another weird confession. I can't sleep without a comforter...even in the summer. Sheet/blankets don't cut it. I think it's something to do with the pressure...not sure.

I also sleep with a fan on high during winter. I'd probably crack a window if it weren't for my piggies.

You guys intrigued me with the RC Cola discussion so I went and bought some. It's pretty good!

Another weird confession. I can't sleep without a comforter...even in the summer. Sheet/blankets don't cut it. I think it's something to do with the pressure...not sure.

I also sleep with a fan on high during winter. I'd probably crack a window if it weren't for my piggies.

:eek:

No way. I have to have a comforter too! Even in AZ in the summer!

And fan on during winter, back in AZ, yes, here in bitter cold midwest... not so much. Though I have thought a few times about turning it on... because, I like fans... :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
:eek:

No way. I have to have a comforter too! Even in AZ in the summer!

And fan on during winter, back in AZ, yes, here in bitter cold midwest... not so much. Though I have thought a few times about turning it on... because, I like fans... :shrug:

I struggled so much when I was in the Galapagos. I brought a sleeping bag to sleep on/in but we obviously didn't have A/C and it was humid so it was rough because I needed to be covered.

I also get slight panic attacks if it's too hot. So a fan helps me with that but I also like the noise of it. I hate when it's too quiet.

confessions....

1. im super lazy about washing my coffee mug, its a rinse and go deal because I use it so much
2. i would rather stay in than go out 98% of the time, complete and total homebody. i will find any excuse under the sun to not go out.
3. i've never tried RC cola.
4. I'm addicted to that sweetener crap. it will likely give me cancer. i know. i get lectured on it too often.
5. i sent my teenage cat to live with my mom because he was chewing through all my cords. he has cat friends there to play with so everything worked out but I still feel guilty.

1. I'm a metalhead but yes I will sing Maroon 5 in my car. It upsets me that people judge me for my music. I don't worship the devil.
2. I've seen(been through?) so much crap in my early life I think I developed an emotional disorder (is that a thing?).

1. I use the SDN app more than the website so I get the updates on my subscribed threads immediately and sometimes like things right away forgetting that it's creepy haha.

2. My basset hound is adorable... All 96 pounds of him. No that is not a typo.

3. It took me an eternity to realize that the emojicons that SDN has on the website don't show up on the app, so I was really confused why everyone was putting colons in front of emotions.

4. I wish people would stop putting events and important group info on facebook so I could delete mine. I'd rather just have stuff emailed to me.

I had M&M's for breakfast...specifically ones my fiance gave me for Valentine's Day that say "olive juice" on them :)

Towels that are fresh out of the dryer are one of my favorite things in the world. There's just something about a warm fluffy towel. :love:

Reactions: 3 users
I love the show Sister Wives. When I watch it, I get it in my head that it would be an awesome life... if only I didn't have to have 7 kids.

4. I wish people would stop putting events and important group info on facebook so I could delete mine. I'd rather just have stuff emailed to me.
I quit FB a few months ago and it's wonderful. However, I just found out that my vet school class has made a FB group and I'm thisclose to rejoining so I can be in on the club. Otherwise I feel like I'll be behind on all the camaraderie and inside jokes when class starts this fall :(

I quit FB a few months ago and it's wonderful. However, I just found out that my vet school class has made a FB group and I'm thisclose to rejoining so I can be in on the club. Otherwise I feel like I'll be behind on all the camaraderie and inside jokes when class starts this fall :(
A few people in my class only have one to be active in the class Facebook page. They don't have a wall or post anything, but they can access all the files we share on the page.

A few people in my class only have one to be active in the class Facebook page. They don't have a wall or post anything, but they can access all the files we share on the page.
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to end up doing just so I can stay involved. :thumbup:

I think we're the same person!

My confession: I have watched literally all the vet student musical parody videos I could find on youtube. Yes, they're all terribly cheesy but I love seeing the different schools and seeing what people come up with.

Meeee too! I keep it super cold in my house and snuggle with my blankets and comforter. Must have a ceiling fan on as well. I also have an air purifier fan on for white noise.

I struggled so much when I was in the Galapagos. I brought a sleeping bag to sleep on/in but we obviously didn't have A/C and it was humid so it was rough because I needed to be covered.

I also get slight panic attacks if it's too hot. So a fan helps me with that but I also like the noise of it. I hate when it's too quiet.

I'm dying to visit the Galapagos!! I'd probably suffocate with my blanket requirement though!!

I saw Cheerwine for the first time today in the Blue Ridge area of Virginia. Had to try since I saw all of you raving about it. It's pretty good!

I love the show Sister Wives. When I watch it, I get it in my head that it would be an awesome life... if only I didn't have to have 7 kids.

I may be guilty of this. Everyone watches a little trash tv ... right? :whistle:

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to end up doing just so I can stay involved. :thumbup:

I only have a FB account b/c I have a handful of friends who live in foreign countries and it's the simplest way to keep in touch with them. Otherwise, I don't use it. I would definitely hook it back up in order to keep "in touch" with your classmates. I'm not a fan of any kind of online social media, but I plan on joining the UTK site when it comes up so I don't miss anything!