Things/people that bother/annoy me in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey im just promoting my website coming soon. its about pharmacy if you can help me pass the word to any pharmacy members i will truly appreciate it..the website is called PHARMACY RX..as soon is im done i will give out the website address. its a website to help pharmacy technician who are just starting or for those who are experienced can learn some extra stuff also
crystal

designed to give you advertising revenue?

WHAT A CREATIVE NAME!

Members don't see this ad.

hey im just promoting my website coming soon. its about pharmacy if you can help me pass the word to any pharmacy members i will truly appreciate it..the website is called PHARMACY RX..as soon is im done i will give out the website address. its a website to help pharmacy technician who are just starting or for those who are experienced can learn some extra stuff also
crystal

You're not supposed to be advertising here...

crystal

I remember someone posting a bunch of Ads on here trying to sell cellphones in the past. This is a forum for people to talk about pharmacy related stuff ONLY. If you want to sell stuff please go to Ebay! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
crystal

Yeah this is actually against the terms of use for SDN. It states that all advertising or other inappropriate posts will be taken down by the mods. If you want to advertise with SDN you have to pay for a banner or logo. But nice try disguising it as a site to help pharmacy techs. Not trying to be rude, but I think we all agree here.

crystal

Wir haben einen Eindringling :laugh:

That's german for "We have an intruder"

Damnit, crazybob. I spent half of the last semester trying to deduce who you are, and clever as I am, I still can't pinpoint you. I need more clues than "has a crush on a thousand girls" and "is annoyed by loud talkers."

We have definitely talked before, I can tell you that much. If you ever give up on guessing, I'll tell you when I see you in class. :laugh:

So today while waiting for pharmaceutics lab, some of my classmates were talking about their experiences with working in a pharmacy. They talk about their experiences with patients, and that's fine. But what bothered me was that they would laugh about how they thought their patients were weird because they had problems with their memory or felt disoriented. I thought pharmacy students would be less likely to make fun of their patients or even laugh about things they do.

Then I tried to talk about my (not pharmacy-related) job experiences and one girl would be like "yeah I've done that too" and kinda cut me off in the middle of what I was saying. It gets kinda frustrating when some of my classmates don't want to listen to what I have to say just because they assume that they have heard it before or they know from their own experiences.

If there's one thing I can't stand about patients, its when they call on the phone and start telling their story before even telling us their name and DOB. If they don't tell me their name, I just ignore what they are saying until they are done then, I'll ask them for their name and DOB, and then ask them to repeat their story. :smuggrin:

So today while waiting for pharmaceutics lab, some of my classmates were talking about their experiences with working in a pharmacy. They talk about their experiences with patients, and that's fine. But what bothered me was that they would laugh about how they thought their patients were weird because they had problems with their memory or felt disoriented. I thought pharmacy students would be less likely to make fun of their patients or even laugh about things they do.

Then I tried to talk about my (not pharmacy-related) job experiences and one girl would be like "yeah I've done that too" and kinda cut me off in the middle of what I was saying. It gets kinda frustrating when some of my classmates don't want to listen to what I have to say just because they assume that they have heard it before or they know from their own experiences.

This bothers me too because I think the general public kind of assumes that they aren't going to be judged or talked about when they take their medical problems or prescriptions to a health professional. If there is any place on earth they think that they can talk about their issue or get their medication without being embarrassed or laughed about you would think that it would be the health provider. It's sad that we know the truth. Yeah I know we are only human but even if they think it's funny on the inside they can at least control when or if they talk about it. They can choose to keep it to themselves, but a lot of people don't.

This bothers me too because I think the general public kind of assumes that they aren't going to be judged or talked about when they take their medical problems or prescriptions to a health professional. If there is any place on earth they think that they can talk about their issue or get their medication without being embarrassed or laughed about you would think that it would be the health provider. It's sad that we know the truth. Yeah I know we are only human but even if they think it's funny on the inside they can at least control when or if they talk about it. They can choose to keep it to themselves, but a lot of people don't.

I wish you were in my class :)

The same people who laugh about funny stories with patients are the ones to gossip about everyone and talk about it so much that people sitting close to them can't help but overhear the rumors and all of the gossip going on.

I wish you were in my class :)

The same people who laugh about funny stories with patients are the ones to gossip about everyone and talk about it so much that people sitting close to them can't help but overhear the rumors and all of the gossip going on.

I know exactly what you mean... I just got out of microbiology today (I'm taking it for personal review since it's not required for the schools I applied to) and these three girls who are going to nursing school together sit at the end of my table and literally scream rumors about some other girl's promiscuous activities. They were so loud that one of them actually said 'Oh 'he he' everyone in the class is looking at us ' hehe ' The class is not that big either... the professor was like 3 yards away.

I know exactly what you mean... I just got out of microbiology today (I'm taking it for personal review since it's not required for the schools I applied to) and these three girls who are going to nursing school together sit at the end of my table and literally scream rumors about some other girl's promiscuous activities. They were so loud that one of them actually said 'Oh 'he he' everyone in the class is looking at us ' hehe ' The class is not that big either... the professor was like 3 yards away.

The girls at the nursing school here talk to each other a lot, but they're never too loud, and I personally don't think they're annoying at all. They're probably different from nursing students at UALR or nursing students at UCA.

There were many nursing students in my microbio class when I took it at UALR last summer, and most of the nursing students in there were going to UALR for nursing, and they were older than me, so they seemed more mature about things, and we didn't have any problems with anyone talking during class.

Unfortunately, there are like three girls in class who would be a lot like the girls from your class that you described.

The girls at the nursing school here talk to each other a lot, but they're never too loud, and I personally don't think they're annoying at all. They're probably different from nursing students at UALR or nursing students at UCA.

There were many nursing students in my microbio class when I took it at UALR last summer, and most of the nursing students in there were going to UALR for nursing, and they were older than me, so they seemed more mature about things, and we didn't have any problems with anyone talking during class.

Unfortunately, there are like three girls in class who would be a lot like the girls from your class that you described.

Yeah exactly... most of the students in my class are even older than me and they're really mature and usually married or in the military. It is just these three who are are 19-20... I guess they've carried on their high school habits into college courses.

Members don't see this ad :)

Next time they start doing this crap, turn around and with the digusted look on your face say:

What the heck is wrong with you ?

Next time they start doing this crap, turn around and with the digusted look on your face say:

What the heck is wrong with you ?

The girl who did that on that day is really pretty, so it's kinda hard for me to get mad at her or even try to be rude. :laugh: And she sits close to me and we talk every single day, so things could get a bit awkward if I did that.

The girl who did that on that day is really pretty, so it's kinda hard for me to get mad at her or even try to be rude. :laugh: And she sits close to me and we talk every single day, so things could get a bit awkward if I did that.

Jesus, that is a horrible thing to say ! You really need to get over this whole looks thing - looks are irrelevant in life.

Some of the prettiest people I have met had the ugliest personalities. If the girl you are talking about is a giant douche, which is what it sounds like given how she says disrespectful things about patients who trust her and put their faith in her, so how can it possibly matter what she looks like ?

Think about it - would you date a girl who is a complete douche, pretty or not pretty ?

I hope you aren't that shallow and say no. Then logically speaking, her looks shouldn't really matter to you.

Seriously, if she starts pulling this again, put her in her place. You don't have to be rude, just assertive and straightforward. Tell her professional ethics are poor and it bothers you, which it obviously goes given how you are ranting about it here.

Date, nope. One night stand, yes.

Wouldn't you be worried about the possibility of being traumatized? I mean, really. If she was extremely rude, you probably couldn't trust pretty girls for a while.

Wouldn't you be worried about the possibility of being traumatized? I mean, really. If she was extremely rude, you probably couldn't trust pretty girls for a while.
Because we all know one night stands have a lot to do with trust :rolleyes:

Not if it was a one night stand. Although, I've pretty much lost my trust in other people after my ex. Basically, I got attached to my ex way too fast and had a hard time dissociating. I still haven't let go of the memories of her despite the way she treated me.

Not if it was a one night stand. Although, I've pretty much lost my trust in other people after my ex. Basically, I got attached to my ex way too fast and had a hard time dissociating. I still haven't let go of the memories of her despite the way she treated me.

From my personal experience, I can say that you never forget all of them, but you learn to let them not bother you anymore. I found that focusing on other interests helps me keep my mind off of them.

The same kid nodding his head in affirmation to everything the professor says is fact and shaking his head any time the professor says no.

Dang. We don't have anyone doing that in our class :laugh: Does everyone notice? Does anyone mention anything to that kid?

I had a doctor actually make fun of me when I went to see him. To my face!!! Needless to say, I asked for an appointment with someone else the next time I needed to see a doctor. Probably should have complained to the place he worked. :mad:

I had a doctor actually make fun of me when I went to see him. To my face!!! Needless to say, I asked for an appointment with someone else the next time I needed to see a doctor. Probably should have complained to the place he worked. :mad:

You should have confronted him right then and there. After all, he is your doctor, and if you tell him that you don't want him to be your doctor anymore, that should tell him something.

My Pharmacology professor got the song "SexyBack" stuck in my head. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I hate how the internet connection at my school is too slow to download stuff or play video games.

Oh and I hate the administrative restrictions so I can't install stuff unless I put it on my flash drive.

I tried the XPS viewer things at school once. I printed a file that way, and then tried to open it, but the school computer shut down and restarted every time I tried it. I haven't figured out why it does that.

Oh and I hate the administrative restrictions so I can't install stuff unless I put it on my flash drive.

I tried the XPS viewer things at school once. I printed a file that way, and then tried to open it, but the school computer shut down and restarted every time I tried it. I haven't figured out why it does that.

I rarely use the school computer unless I have to print stuff out. I mean, if I'm on my laptop, the connection should be good enough to support 500 students using heavy bandwidth stuff. I mean, a lot of our professors assign us to watch videos on our own time and then write reports/responses based on them.

I rarely use the school computer unless I have to print stuff out. I mean, if I'm on my laptop, the connection should be good enough to support 500 students using heavy bandwidth stuff. I mean, a lot of our professors assign us to watch videos on our own time and then write reports/responses based on them.

Wow, we have slightly less than that many in the entire college of pharmacy if you add up P1's thru P4's.

One more thing I thought of was: trying to live at home and commuting. I'm starting to think that the amount of money I save is not worth the stress that comes with living at home. I'm planning on living in the residence halls (without a room mate) next year even though it will be more expensive (than how it is now).

Be glad your not here because we get 2% deducted from our grade everytime we miss class without a valid excuse :scared:

Be glad your not here because we get 2% deducted from our grade everytime we miss class without a valid excuse :scared:

Today is the day before an exam so people don't come to class because they are off studying. About 30 out of 140 showed. I bet the place would be full if they started deducting points.

Today is the day before an exam so people don't come to class because they are off studying. About 30 out of 140 showed. I bet the place would be full if they started deducting points.

i havent been to a class in weeks

Yeah I feel it should be an option to come to class after all we are paying you not the other way around...they gave us some excuse about financial aid money...yeah right:mad:

If people just studied over the course of the class, they wouldn't have to cram the day before and then they could show up to class to ask questions about details.

If people just studied over the course of the class, they wouldn't have to cram the day before and then they could show up to class to ask questions about details.

Some of us do that and it's still a lot of information.

Imagine studying 20 pages of notes or 100 powerpoint slides.

Some of us do that and it's still a lot of information.

Imagine studying 20 pages of notes or 100 powerpoint slides.

The distribution of information is so inconsistent for ID. Sometimes we get 30 slides per hour of lecture and other times we get up to 100 slides per hour (exams cover 14-16 hours of material). That makes me a sad panda.

The distribution of information is so inconsistent for ID. Sometimes we get 30 slides per hour of lecture and other times we get up to 100 slides per hour (exams cover 14-16 hours of material). That makes me a sad panda.

Hey! Panda bear!

We don't take too kindly to your type around here.

lol, what planet are you from? i've got cramming/not going to class down to an art form.

P2 student: "Hey, P3 friend, could you give me advice on studying for this exam?"
Me: *Gives advice*
P2: "Never mind, I'll ask someone else." *Continues whining about not knowing how to study*

Choke on a K-Dur, I didn't have to help you, you ungrateful prick.

P2 student: "Hey, P3 friend, could you give me advice on studying for this exam?"
Me: *Gives advice*
P2: "Never mind, I'll ask someone else." *Continues whining about not knowing how to study*

Choke on a K-Dur, I didn't have to help you, you ungrateful prick.

K-Dur. Nice :)

lol, what planet are you from? i've got cramming/not going to class down to an art form.

Me too...I just get the over achievers notes :laugh:
Seriously, I don't need you to read the powerpoint slides to me, I can do that from home!

@Rxlea...say that once you get in pharmacy school, trust me it's a big difference from pre-pharmacy believe that!

Me too...I just get the over achievers notes :laugh:
Seriously, I don't need you to read the powerpoint slides to me, I can do that from home!

@Rxlea...say that once you get in pharmacy school, trust me it's a big difference from pre-pharmacy believe that!

I have no doubt that it is difficult. I am just saying...it makes more sense to study throughout the course of the class rather than cramming at the last minute or asking "Is that going to be on the test?" I had some very difficult courses required for my degree and they were no joke. I just found it better to spread out the "work" over a longer period of time rather than procrastinating and cramming in the material last minute that was going to be on the test.