Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodview

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When it was last reviewed in this forum three years ago, this program had mixed reviews. Can anyone share a more current assessment?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would consider Jeff a department in transition. Unsure how the current Chair search is going to end up. The acting chair is very solid, if a bit prickly at times. Big research guy. It's clear he wants to stay as permanent chair, but he's also been on the trail interviewing for other open chair positions as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's always been strong, but I think now it's 'nicer'. Residents are cool, very busy, RTOG, and Philly is actually a nice city. I think the posts from the past are not reflective of the modern program. So glad the Eagles lost tonight.

Looks like Dr. Valicenti is no longer at Jefferson. He left to become chair at UC Davis. Also, Dr. Lin who recently joined jefferson is now at Penn. Any idea why all the change going on at TJU?

Hello all, is there anyone here who's attending Jefferson and willing to talk to me regarding your experience? I live in NJ and I visit PA quite often. Jefferson is my number one choice. I won't take too much of your time, I definitely respect how busy life as a medical student.

Thanks!

Hello all, is there anyone here who's attending Jefferson and willing to talk to me regarding your experience? I live in NJ and I visit PA quite often. Jefferson is my number one choice. I won't take too much of your time, I definitely respect how busy life as a medical student.

Thanks!

penn is the place to be in phili. you should consider umd and hopkins in bmore. the other philly programs arent very good.