**TMDSAS 2015**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how many people were accepted? I am hoping that it wasn't one of those big rounds and that they still have about 30 spots left. Then again, I noticed that 7 people joined the facebook group already.

Any idea how full Houston is at the moment? I had a late interview and am getting antsy!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many people were accepted? I am hoping that it wasn't one of those big rounds and that they still have about 30 spots left. Then again, I noticed that 7 people joined the facebook group already.

you're a masochist, BabyShades

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to San Antonio at 12:01 via email! WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!

ACCEPTED To SA!!! Finally!!! :)))

Congrats y'all. When's your deadline for deposit?

I checked my email after seeing you guys talk about SA...

I got in too! Was sent at 12:00AM! I'm going to decline though since Houston is bae!

Have to reply by Feb 28

Reactions: 4 users
for those of you who interviewed/were accepted to Baylor, is there anything specific Baylor likes to ask in terms of reasons for choosing their school over the other ones? What kinda answer are they looking for? Sorry, I really don't know much about their school other than it's in Dallas.

Have any of y'all ever taken upper division biology classes online? If so, do you think it looks good? I'm thinking of taking a few classes that isn't offered at my post bac school and was hoping to get advice if y'all did something similar. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll pass on what Mrs pledger said at Baylor. She said histology is the only one that they are ok with being online.

But in the grand scheme of things, I'm pretty sure they only care about cgpa, so do it if it helps.

I'll pass on what Mrs pledger said at Baylor. She said histology is the only one that they are ok with being online.

But in the grand scheme of things, I'm pretty sure they only care about cgpa, so do it if it helps.

Appreciate it. I always thought courses like bacterial physiology or something like that would be fun to take so I was just curious. Thanks again!

Do you guys think there might be any more invites from Houston?

I just got the mail today, so maybe yours is still on the way! I have no idea, to be honest. It was stamped on Feb 19.

I just got the mail today, so maybe yours is still on the way! I have no idea, to be honest. It was stamped on Feb 19.

They could have just emailed us. Just waiting for other schools now.

Did Baylor let you know what number in the wait list ? I won't be able to find out until I go home, which is spring break lol.

Did Baylor let you know what number in the wait list ? I won't be able to find out until I go home, which is spring break lol.

Maybe email Mrs. Pledger asking for the status of your application? you can find out that way!

Also got a letter to be on the waitlist. Anxious to know how many people are on it

Dallas interviewee here. Have not received the snail mail. Inclement weather maybe?

Houston accepted a few people last week. Don't lose hope.

Withdrawing from UTSD and accepting Baylor!!:D:D:D Good luck ya'll!!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED TO UTHSCSA @ 12:00 AM!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, Congratulation....
Would you mind sharing ur statistic and ur interview date?
Thanks

Thank you...

My oGPA = 3.4 my sGPA = 3.6 and my DAT was 19/20/23 (I have a pretty strong upward trend as well).

I had my interview in November.

Thank you...

My oGPA = 3.4 my sGPA = 3.6 and my DAT was 19/20/23 (I have a pretty strong upward trend as well).

I had my interview in November.
Thank you for sharing. By the way, did you have a lot of hours of volunteering, shadowing and other community service?

Thank you for sharing. By the way, did you have a lot of hours of volunteering, shadowing and other community service?

Yea I started with shadowing 3 different dentists and then got into dental/medical based mission work. I got my RDA license online because I wanted to do assisting, but I could hardly get any dentists to take me (no one wanted someone who was applying to dental school :sorry: , you usually have to know the dentist if you're only doing RDA work short-term). I was pretty active in my school's pre-health club, have research experience, and was a tutor for genetics and Ochem at my university.

As far as the hours go, they are pretty average compared to some other people here on SDN. Maybe like 150 hours of shadowing and a lot of research/tuoring/health-club volunteering/ mission work.

Here is what I was told admissions officers like to see:
leadership positions :be a TA/ Tutor/ president of a club
Dental field exposure: shadow 2+ dentists (better if they are different specialties w/ at least 1 general dentist) and you don't need crazy high hours (300+)
Community service: see if your school's health club helps with community events like 5k runs, health clubs can usually run the first-aid tents.

Oh, and I guess do well on the DAT and get good grades lol.

Has anyone been accepted to Houston recently? And does anyone know how full the class is right now? Kinda getting anxious.

Yea I started with shadowing 3 different dentists and then got into dental/medical based mission work. I got my RDA license online because I wanted to do assisting, but I could hardly get any dentists to take me (no one wanted someone who was applying to dental school :sorry: , you usually have to know the dentist if you're only doing RDA work short-term). I was pretty active in my school's pre-health club, have research experience, and was a tutor for genetics and Ochem at my university.

As far as the hours go, they are pretty average compared to some other people here on SDN. Maybe like 150 hours of shadowing and a lot of research/tuoring/health-club volunteering/ mission work.

Here is what I was told admissions officers like to see:
leadership positions :be a TA/ Tutor/ president of a club
Dental field exposure: shadow 2+ dentists (better if they are different specialties w/ at least 1 general dentist) and you don't need crazy high hours (300+)
Community service: see if your school's health club helps with community events like 5k runs, health clubs can usually run the first-aid tents.

Oh, and I guess do well on the DAT and get good grades lol.
Your activities are very impressive. I guess ur hard-working is finnally paid-off. I just wanna share my situation: i had interviewa at baylor in august, houston and sa in october. My o gpa 3.6, s gpa 3.7, and dat ts22/aa21( but reading 17 )However i havent heard anything from all 3 schools. I think i just didnt involve much in community service, which not enough to show my passion and commitment in this profession.
Anyway, congrats again

Your activities are very impressive. I guess ur hard-working is finnally paid-off. I just wanna share my situation: i had interviewa at baylor in august, houston and sa in october. My o gpa 3.6, s gpa 3.7, and dat ts22/aa21( but reading 17 )However i havent heard anything from all 3 schools. I think i just didnt involve much in community service, which not enough to show my passion and commitment in this profession.
Anyway, congrats again

Well the cycle still isn't over for the Texas schools, some people get accepted days before the classes start. If for some reason you don't get in this year. make sure you contact each school to see what you can improve on. Maybe it was an interview thing rather than community service.

For those who heard good news from UTSD in February, CONGRATS!
When is the deadline to pay your deposit? I figure they won't send out another round of acceptances before that, so until then I can quit dropping everything each time I get an email haha

For those who heard good news from UTSD in February, CONGRATS!
When is the deadline to pay your deposit? I figure they won't send out another round of acceptances before that, so until then I can quit dropping everything each time I get an email haha
Houston has no deposit! (only one of the 3) but due date was Feb. 26.

Just got an email from Baylor today saying they see that I've accepted two spots... Sigh - I was going to make my final decision next week during Spring Break! They communicated to each other so fast this year.

I have not received a letter or email for a waitlist for baylor. Does that mean I am rejected and how many people are on that list? And does anyone know if they are finished sending acceptances? Thank you everyone

Houston has no deposit! (only one of the 3) but due date was Feb. 26.

Just got an email from Baylor today saying they see that I've accepted two spots... Sigh - I was going to make my final decision next week during Spring Break! They communicated to each other so fast this year.
Oh dang! I think they met up on the 25th at a health profession fair. Which school are you leaning more towards?

Oh dang! I think they met up on the 25th at a health profession fair. Which school are you leaning more towards?
I've been set on Houston since interview day back in October, but when I interviewed at Tufts, (with only 1 acceptance - Baylor at that time) someone there told me to go to Baylor and laughed in my face when I said Houston was my dream because he knew faculty of Texas dental schools. Day of Houston acceptance, out of no where, I got spam of texts from someone telling me to go to Baylor/SA, not Houston, and this person wasn't aware of my Houston acceptance yet.

Other people in my life say Baylor, so I'm currently really conflicted and don't want to make the wrong choice.

@s2mySerendipity don't let other people change your opinions about schools! All of the Texas schools are GREAT and after 4 years you will be a dentist no matter which school you decide. Make a list of pro's and con's based off your own opinions. You will find your fit somewhere! Do some research and email some students at each school to get their honest opinion and perspective.

PS those spam texts sound super sketchy

I've been set on Houston since interview day back in October, but when I interviewed at Tufts, (with only 1 acceptance - Baylor at that time) someone there told me to go to Baylor and laughed in my face when I said Houston was my dream because he knew faculty of Texas dental schools. Day of Houston acceptance, out of no where, I got spam of texts from someone telling me to go to Baylor/SA, not Houston, and this person wasn't aware of my Houston acceptance yet.

Other people in my life say Baylor, so I'm currently really conflicted and don't want to make the wrong choice.
Baylor=old school and Houston=new school, so it's all about preference. I interviewed at Baylor and Houston back in October and I personally loved everything about Houston. All of my friends that go to Houston love the school, city, and faculty. Don't let people discourage you about your dream school, because they probably don't know much about the school. The person at Tufts is probably laughing because they don't know about the new facilities and curriculum. Some students from Baylor actually told me they wish they went to Houston or SA rather than Baylor, so there's always differences in opinions. Everyone is biased with certain schools, but it ultimately depends on how you feel about the school and the environment. I know a lot of students that are ready to drop other acceptances for Houston, so good luck with your decision!