***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What does that mean?
It means that you have some sort of connection with Texas, like you used to live there, your parents live there, your fiancee lives there, you used to work there, your mother's brother uncle sister-in-law lives there... something like that.

Reactions: 1 users
It means that you have some sort of connection with Texas, like you used to live there, your parents live there, your fiancee lives there, you used to work there, your mother's brother uncle sister-in-law lives there... something like that.

I see! thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep we got two OOS in Houston. One kinda has a tie to Texas but one doesn't at all
Thanks! Do u know their stats by any chance? I want to move to Texas and I have extended family there. Is there a secondary application or some other way through which i can express my intent? Also did the individual with 'no connection' do anything different? Thanks

Just curious do u guys know of any OOS applicant who was accepted in any Texas DS this cycle?

Yup, one girl I interviewed with who is from Louisana was accepted to Baylor and Houston. She also got accepted to 5 other schools lol

Reactions: 3 users
Yup, one girl I interviewed with who is from Louisana was accepted to Baylor and Houston. She also got accepted to 5 other schools lol
She was there on my interview day at Baylor. Shes a boss tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
Got a rejection email from San Antonio today. I was waitlisted last week from Houston.

Started my application today and signed up for my DAT on July 6th. Hopefully my scores get in by the time I submit my application to all three Texas Schools :(
Looking to take the DAT around the same time, I was also a bit worried about the scores holding my application to be viewed. Lets hope this is not the case.

Looking to take the DAT around the same time, I was also a bit worried about the scores holding my application to be viewed. Lets hope this is not the case.
depending on when you submit your application, GPA verification will take a few weeks. DAT scores take 2 weeks to upload. i submitted end of june and was verified and mailed out mid july - i think you're fine.

depending on when you submit your application, GPA verification will take a few weeks. DAT scores take 2 weeks to upload. i submitted end of june and was verified and mailed out mid july - i think you're fine.
Thanks a lot for the re-assurance. Going into this cycle I knew I wasnt going to have EVERYTHING ready by the second week of May but my hopes are that I get to submit and send everything out no later than the second week of June follow by my DAT scores in mid July. Like I said I know I will not be considered an early bird applicant but Im trying to avoid being late all while providing quality on everything I submit.

Thanks a lot for the re-assurance. Going into this cycle I knew I wasnt going to have EVERYTHING ready by the second week of May but my hopes are that I get to submit and send everything out no later than the second week of June follow by my DAT scores in mid July. Like I said I know I will not be considered an early bird applicant but Im trying to avoid being late all while providing quality on everything I submit.

Mine actually took a little longer than 2 weeks to upload so it'll depend but honestly I submitted before having it uploaded and the most important thing is to have everything else on point than being concerned about being the first to submit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Baylor peeps. Has anyone gotten their financial aid award amount yet?
They posted my scholarship today on the financial aid portal but that's the only thing I see.

Also, it seems our disbursement date is on 8/5/16.

Last edited:
Baylor peeps. Has anyone gotten their financial aid award amount yet?
They posted my scholarship today on the financial aid portal but that's the only thing I see.
Also, it seems our disbursement date is on 8/5/16.

no, and its a little worrisome not knowing the amount yet!

Is there any movement left for any of the Texas schools? Do they rank the waitlists?

Oh, they're officially changing Baylor's name to "Texas A&M University College of Dentistry"
The name change will go into effect August 1st.

Reactions: 7 users
SA and baylor :( no word on anything yet

Hang in there! I feel your pain. I am waitlisted for Houston. For this cycle, it is out of our hands. Try to stay positive and realize there are so many good candidates but limited spots. We got interviewed and now put on the waitlist, so on the bright side, they are interested in us but of course there are limited space each year.

Oh, they're officially changing Baylor's name to "Texas A&M University College of Dentistry"
The name change will go into effect August 1st.
Well isn't that nifty!

On the financial aid, my wife's scholarship hasn't posted, nor any other financial aid info...

Update Baylor peeps.
This message was in my financial aid portal.

"The Financial Aid Portal is currently down as we process financial aid awarding for College Station, Galveston, and Health Science Center Undergrads and Grads. The portal should be back online by Tuesday, June 7 at 5pm.

We apologize for any inconvenience."

Hopefully this means we get our award amount today. Fingers crossed.

Man, hopefully!! Btw, has anyone gotten their bigs yet? Mine is super nice. She messaged me on fb.

Reactions: 2 users
They'll probably add you on fb and then message you.

They posted my scholarship today but haven't seen anything posted about financial aid.

Yep, scholarship on our end, but no other FA info and no big yet.

My financial aid award info was finally posted today! :singing:

Same here.

latest

Reactions: 4 users
Velvet Taco in downtown Dallas today at 2, UTDS students are gonna be out there, come through Baylor students!

I am still waiting on my optional letter of rec... I submitted a month ago or so and I have everything else submitted... Is this hurting my chances? I am a reapplicant and she still hasn't updated my letter of rec from last year (should I just submit last year's?)

Can someone tell me why Dr. Galindo is the cover photo for this page???? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Might should post this in the school specific thread, but this seems to get more hits...

What are y'all doing for textbooks? And/or do you have any inside scoop on which books tend to be used and which are not? Specifically for Texas A&M.

I jumped on Amazon and threw all the required books (for D1) in a cart and ohhh boy that price. Already bought Netter's because, duh, but the others...

Might should post this in the school specific thread, but this seems to get more hits...

What are y'all doing for textbooks? And/or do you have any inside scoop on which books tend to be used and which are not? Specifically for Texas A&M.

I jumped on Amazon and threw all the required books (for D1) in a cart and ohhh boy that price. Already bought Netter's because, duh, but the others...
Ok so here's the thing... According to one of the many forms I've received in the mail, apparently we're supposed to have all the required textbooks by the start of class. However, according to the upcoming D2 students they didn't use any textbooks, all of the information was in the course manuals and the powerpoints. Anyway, they're gonna post a link with a bunch a resources notes, some textbook PDF's ect.

Ok so here's the thing... According to one of the many forms I've received in the mail, apparently we're supposed to have all the required textbooks by the start of class. However, according to the upcoming D2 students they didn't use any textbooks, all of the information was in the course manuals and the powerpoints. Anyway, they're gonna post a link with a bunch a resources notes, some textbook PDF's ect.
Ah, that's good to hear. I also didn't realize when I made that post that there was a required list and a recommended list... That, uh, makes a huge difference. There are really only two required books and a skull for fall.

Ah, that's good to hear. I also didn't realize when I made that post that there was a required list and a recommended list... That, uh, makes a huge difference. There are really only two required books and a skull for fall.
Yeah from what I've heard on the FB page, they only used literally one page out of the histology book.

I think i'm going to hold off on buying textbooks until orientation week.

Am I the only one confused by the cost of attendance for Fall? It's looking like $17,800 due for Fall (before financial aid) on the official bill (that equipment usage fee, whoa). That leaves only about $9600 for Spring in tuition/fees according to their $27,400 COA estimate. ($27400 - $17800 = $9600)

Are they going to take that into consideration when dispersing leftover aid? Would seem difficult, especially for single students, to get a small disbursement for living expenses in Fall and a large one in Spring. If that makes any sense...

Just curious. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Or we could contact the school, but... nah. :laugh:

EDIT: Looked again: I think you pay all the fees, equipment usage, etc up front for the entire year. Then only ~$9000 is due in Spring for tuition. Question still stands on disbursement, but the billing all adds up that way. ($17800+$9600=$27400) Right on the money...

Last edited:
Am I the only one confused by the cost of attendance for Fall? It's looking like $17,800 due for Fall (before financial aid) on the official bill (that equipment usage fee, whoa). That leaves only about $9600 for Spring in tuition/fees according to their $27,400 COA estimate. ($27400 - $17800 = $9600)

Are they going to take that into consideration when dispersing leftover aid? Would seem difficult, especially for single students, to get a small disbursement for living expenses in Fall and a large one in Spring. If that makes any sense...

Just curious. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Or we could contact the school, but... nah. :laugh:

EDIT: Looked again: I think you pay all the fees, equipment usage, etc up front for the entire year. Then only ~$9000 is due in Spring for tuition. Question still stands on disbursement, but the billing all adds up that way. ($17800+$9600=$27400) Right on the money...
I was looking at this yesterday too. I was wondering why I was only charged 17k~ on my howdy portal.
So we don't pay fall and spring tuition upfront?

I was looking at this yesterday too. I was wondering why I was only charged 17k~ on my howdy portal.
So we don't pay fall and spring tuition upfront?
I found the itemized statement and only $9144 of the $17,886 is "HSC tuition", all the rest is fees. I'm going to assume 9144 only covers fall, otherwise tuition at Texas A&M is only $4572/semester, doubtful.

They have two disbursement dates according to this (Aug 5 and Jan 4) so I assumed we got it in two parts and would be billed in two, relatively equal parts. $17.8k is definitely too high to be half of D1. So yeah... I'm confused on how that works out.

I found the itemized statement and only $9144 of the $17,886 is "HSC tuition", all the rest is fees. I'm going to assume 9144 only covers fall, otherwise tuition at Texas A&M is only $4572/semester, doubtful.

They have two disbursement dates according to this (Aug 5 and Jan 4) so I assumed we got it in two parts and would be billed in two, relatively equal parts. $17.8k is definitely too high to be half of D1. So yeah... I'm confused on how that works out.
I guess we will find out soon...

I just realized we have a summer disbursement as well?

I just realized we have a summer disbursement as well?
Huh, didn't notice that. I don't think FAFSA covers Fall, Spring, AND Summer. So I'm thinking that'll be a different thing.... I guess, who knows.