*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it worth it to apply at this point? I didn't apply anywhere this cycle because I thought my stats were too low, but I'm starting to see that there wouldn't be much harm in trying... 3.1 GPA 20AA DAT. It's just 150 bucks so why not right?

It would be so beneficial to applying this cycle. At least you would increase your chances next cycle if you didn't accepted for this cycle. Schools generally favor reapplicants. Who knows, you may land an interview somewhere this year and that would save you a year of useless waiting. I would recommend you to apply outside of Texas as well for school that matching your stat which are many. You may have something special in your application that schools would favor you. Bottom line you might gain something with applying. Best of luck and keep us posted we are here to help!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you both for the encouraging words! How long do you think it'd take me to complete the app? I have my PS written.

Thank you both for the encouraging words! How long do you think it'd take me to complete the app? I have my PS written.[/QUOTE

If you submit your application today and send your transcripts this coming week they might send out your application before October since TMDSAS currently not that busy and slow as they were in June and July.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for the encouraging words! How long do you think it'd take me to complete the app? I have my PS written.
Texas app for me took the longest. Id say if you did that one then might as well do AADSAS. It is SO much simpler than TMDSAS. Ugh it takes a while to do TMDSAS cause theres an optional essay which actually isn't optional the adcom told me.. so you better do it. Also, they want a picture (I was serious on getting a good one so it took 2-3 days to make my hair and everything proper loll) But other than the optional essay everything else is a breeze. They're also much slower in getting stuff than AADSAS. If you have your LOR in line then id say get your transcripts sent tomorrow literally lol

Could I submit without having my Rec letters in yet?

Yeah but they won't look at your app until you get em in.
Okay great. Sorry to flood this thread but two more questions while I have you guys' attention:
1) is the September 30th TMDSAS deadline also for the Rec letters to be uploaded?
2) what exactly are the required letters? Currently I have 2 profs that said they'd write me letters and a dentist I shadowed that already wrote me one. How many science profs do I need?

Thanks for all the help. This is stressful since I have a biochemII exam on Thursday haha

Okay great. Sorry to flood this thread but two more questions while I have you guys' attention:
1) is the September 30th TMDSAS deadline also for the Rec letters to be uploaded?
2) what exactly are the required letters? Currently I have 2 profs that said they'd write me letters and a dentist I shadowed that already wrote me one. How many science profs do I need?

Thanks for all the help. This is stressful since I have a biochemII exam on Thursday haha
1.) call TMDSAS to confirm
2.) 2 science profs and one dentist and you're good to go.

1.) call TMDSAS to confirm
2.) 2 science profs and one dentist and you're good to go.
You're the real MVP. Would a letter that is written by my Gen Chem2 lab TA who is now a professor and can have the letter cosigned by his department head and will include the university letter head count as a science professor letter?

You're the real MVP. Would a letter that is written by my Gen Chem2 lab TA who is now a professor and can have the letter cosigned by his department head and will include the university letter head count as a science professor letter?
Loll thank you :D. I think so.. a lot of people do that and especially if they're a prof now then id say ya. Just ask this and the other deadline question tomorrow to TMDSAS customer service to confirm.

3rd interview (2nd from Texas)
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 9/19/16
Interview date: 9/27/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/17/16
Application received date: 6/17/16
Application complete date: 6/5/16
GPA (overall, bcpm): 3.93 oGPA, 3.89 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21/21/17/20/none

Reactions: 1 users
would it be wise to call schools and check on your application? What would you even ask them regarding interview calls?

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd interview (I only applied to 3 Texas schools)

School: UTHSC SanAntonio
Notification date: 9/19/16
Interview date: 10/3/16
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/16/16
Application received date: 6/16/16
Application complete date: 8/2/16
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.82, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/23/23/23/none

Reactions: 6 users
Omg...First interview ever. I'm so excited!!!!!

School: UTHSC San Antonio

Notification date: 09/20/16 @ 6:12pm

Interview date: 10/10/16

Method: email

TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/25/16

Application received date: 07/29/16

GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.49, 3.53

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 20/20/22/21/ none below 19

Reactions: 11 users
Anyone know what Houston's deal is? I haven't heard a peep from them but I've already have my interviews at A&M and SA.

GPA (bpcm, overall) 3.44, 3.55

DAT: 22AA ,23TS, none under 19

App complete+received: 7/21

TX Resident

Anyone know what Houston's deal is? I haven't heard a peep from them but I've already have my interviews at A&M and SA.

TX Resident

Same here. It might be our gpa

TX Resident
I feel each school is different. I've gotten 2 TX and haven't heard from another! It's still early though!!

:banana:
School: UTHSC San Antonio
Notification date: 9/23/16
Interview date: 10/17
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application received date/s: 6/29
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.22, 3.22 (sub 2.9 undergrad SEVERAL years ago, 3.8 post-bac)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/24/23/none

Reactions: 9 users
There were actually the only ones to actually ask me about my application at all.

They also asked alot, it almost seemed like a fact check it was pretty weird.

I felt that way about one of the three interviews there lol

There were actually the only ones to actually ask me about my application at all.

They also asked alot, it almost seemed like a fact check it was pretty weird.

You mean like they ask you about what you actually put on your application like volunteering and stuff when you say fact check?

I guess I should put this up here.

Interview #1

School: TAMU (Baylor)

Notification: Sep 19th

Interview Date: Oct 21st

TMDSAS Mail out: Aug 22nd

App Received: Sep 6th

GPA (science, overall): 3.05, 3.31

DAT (20AA/21TS/18PAT/21Reading/17 on math but none lower than that)

Thank you Jesus cause I almost didn't apply this term cause sdn made it seem like I wasn't going to get any for applying too late lol.

Reactions: 4 users

Interview #1

Thank you Jesus cause I almost didn't apply this term cause sdn made it seem like I wasn't going to get any for applying too late lol.

Take SDN advice with a grain of salt. Congrats!

I felt that way about one of the three interviews there lol

Yep it was just the one! I forgot her name but she was the only A-A interviewer there.
You mean like they ask you about what you actually put on your application like volunteering and stuff when you say fact check?

Yeah! "Hope many hours have you spent in a dental office?" "When did you decide to pusue dentistry?" "How many volunteer clinics did you go to?"

Those are the questions I was asked in the one "fact check" interview

Interview #1

emoji33.png

Thank you Jesus
emoji119.png
cause I almost didn't apply this term cause sdn made it seem like I wasn't going to get any for applying too late lol.

Congrats! Your so lucky! You got a reply so quick. My app was sent 8/2 and I still haven't heard anything back yet! Really starting to worry

Congrats! Your so lucky! You got a reply so quick. My app was sent 8/2 and I still haven't heard anything back yet! Really starting to worry
It's ok. Mine was sent out around the same time and I didn't hear back until November.

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah I almost didn't believe it when I saw it but that other guy is right take sdn stuff with a grain of salt anything can happen honestly so don't lose faith just yet there is still plenty of time. I applied to 9 schools and this is only my first one so I'm trying to remain hopeful I get another one.

How did you stay so patient?! Lol
Did you ever call or email them?
I called them like twice but they always said that my app was under reviewed.
But I was taking classes and flying to other interviews so I was pretty occupied

Interview #1

CONGRATS!

Yeah I almost didn't believe it when I saw it but that other guy is right take sdn stuff with a grain of salt anything can happen honestly so don't lose faith just yet there is still plenty of time. I applied to 9 schools and this is only my first one so I'm trying to remain hopeful I get another one.

How much role do you think your personal statement, Rec letters played

When i was at Houston they basically said that one of their faculty members chose you personally if you were being interviewed, so they read your letters and formed an opinion on you and then decided to extend an offer or not. I don't know how close to the real deal my summary of the process, but i know that at all three of the interviews i definitely felt as if they put a legitimate effort into reading my essays and i felt as if they actually really wanted to know me as a person, so i think that the personal statement and letters definitely play a legitimate part in your application.

When i was at Houston they basically said that one of their faculty members chose you personally if you were being interviewed, so they read your letters and formed an opinion on you and then decided to extend an offer or not. I don't know how close to the real deal my summary of the process, but i know that at all three of the interviews i definitely felt as if they put a legitimate effort into reading my essays and i felt as if they actually really wanted to know me as a person, so i think that the personal statement and letters definitely play a legitimate part in your application.
When you say one of the faculty members read your letters do u also include personal statement in that? Or just Rec letters

Lol I can't even lie probably a decent amount. I have a lot of leadership and community service and dental shadowing and all that so I'm grateful that I had some of that stuff to add to my application.

School: TAMU Baylor
Notification date: 09/27/16
Interview date: 10/26/16
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/16/16
Application received date/s: 9/19/16
GPA (bcpm, overall): 3.36, overall undergrad 3.38. grad 4.0, overall 3.55
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (first try/second try) TS 19/20, PAT 26/23, Reading 23/27, GC 16/19

Reactions: 5 users
Is there anyone else that had there application completed by the end of August and have yet to hear anything? Congrats to everyone who has received an invitation but after seeing the two recent invites given out it is kind of worrying me thinking mine might have been skipped over. Especial since my stats are pretty similar. Just curious!

Is Houston typically slower? I've had both interviews at the other Tx schools and haven't heard a word from Houston, and am getting worried as it's my top choice.

Is there anyone else that had there application completed by the end of August and have yet to hear anything? Congrats to everyone who has received an invitation but after seeing the two recent invites given out it is kind of worrying me thinking mine might have been skipped over. Especial since my stats are pretty similar. Just curious!

Mine sent out on 8th of September nothing yet .. I know Houston filled less then half of their class by December which is the slowest but I agree with u .. Baylor concerning me !

I completed pretty early and definitely was not one of the first interviewees! I think they prioritize differently so don't worry if you see similar stats go up before you! Especially when we don't know ECs and whatnot!

Reactions: 1 users

Omg yesss same here!!! :(:(:(

Same here, sadly. what are your stats? (if you don't mind me asking)

Hey ALL! So.. Just wanted to give good news (I hope it is good) that I have done research at UT Houston and as a result, I have always been around those adcoms! I spoke to one before the cycle started and they said there's various adcoms that look at apps and they are all slightly different in paces so just hold tight! Hope this gives someone a sigh of relief. Prayers!

Reactions: 6 users
Omg yesss same here!!! :(:(:(

Same. I know a lot goes into the decision of who to interview, but I'm a little frustrated. I have 20AA/21PAT, 3.72 undergrad, currently a 4.0 in graduate school. I have worked as a dental assistant and a treatment coordinator (over 2000 hrs in the field). And my ECs are pretty stacked with research, leadership positions, tons of community service. Not really sure what else I could possibly do. Hoping to hear something in the next month!

Same. I know a lot goes into the decision of who to interview, but I'm a little frustrated. I have 20AA/21PAT, 3.72 undergrad, currently a 4.0 in graduate school. I have worked as a dental assistant and a treatment coordinator (over 2000 hrs in the field). And my ECs are pretty stacked with research, leadership positions, tons of community service. Not really sure what else I could possibly do. Hoping to hear something in the next month!
What made you do grad school? Just curious.