To work in Australia and New Zealand

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jan70

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does having a D.D.S. degree from the U.S. or only a post doctoral degree in pedo from the U.S. help in job prospects in Australia and New Zealand?
Or do you have to go thru all the requalification steps there again?

Members don't see this ad.

Does having a D.D.S. degree from the U.S. or only a post doctoral degree in pedo from the U.S. help in job prospects in Australia and New Zealand?
Or do you have to go thru all the requalification steps there again?

I am not sure if it helps to have a Pedo degree, but having DDS is not enough - u'll need to sit for the part 1 and part 2 australians exams.

I am not sure if it helps to have a Pedo degree, but having DDS is not enough - u'll need to sit for the part 1 and part 2 australians exams.

So with a DDS, you take the 2 parts? Is there a clinical exam too?

Members don't see this ad :)
So with a DDS, you take the 2 parts? Is there a clinical exam too?

yes, 3 exams - one for english, a prelimenary exam consisting of MCQs, short answers (these 2 you can appear for in your home country) and a final exam consisting of a week long clinical test (this can be given in Australia only)

here is a link that can help:
http://www.adc.org.au/dentistryinaust.html

U can also give the NZ exam and apply for OZ licence, but this rule may change.

yes, 3 exams - one for english, a prelimenary exam consisting of MCQs, short answers (these 2 you can appear for in your home country) and a final exam consisting of a week long clinical test (this can be given in Australia only)

here is a link that can help:
http://www.adc.org.au/dentistryinaust.html

U can also give the NZ exam and apply for OZ licence, but this rule may change.

Thanks a lot for the reply and the link, which was so straight forward.
Wonder why I didnt find that link in my search. But thanks again!

Thanks a lot for the reply and the link, which was so straight forward.
Wonder why I didnt find that link in my search. But thanks again!

In case you do decide to go forward with these exams, please do come back and share your experiences here.

We have a lot of resource on NBDE and Canadian exams but not so much on the nature of the australian /NZ exams.

thanks.

Hello every one, has anyone an idea about how the clinical exam of NZDREX is like. want to start prep for it... need help..
Anyone interested in joining for study feel free to contact at [email protected] or skype id: at.rehman

Bombay BDS, are we, FTDs, eligible to apply for a faculty job in Australia/NZ even without taking all the exams?
Someone says its true but I doubt it.

Bombay BDS, are we, FTDs, eligible to apply for a faculty job in Australia/NZ even without taking all the exams?
Someone says its true but I doubt it.

U'll need a solid resume. and teaching exp too.