Too Desperate or Overreacting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful_dr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Okay, so I've interviewed for residency programs, sent them all thank you notes, and I've submitted my rank list. One of the programs contacted me YESTERDAY to ask me what my applicant ID number is, and so I sent it to them. Then I realized that two of the programs I interviewed with did not ask me for this (or at least I don't remember them asking me for it) and so I emailed them as well, letting them know what it was just in case I did not provide it to them during my interview. Today, when I was on the ASHP match website, I saw that there was a link for programs to obtain access to all applicant ID numbers with a search function (for programs only). I'm afraid that now, I look too desperate to the programs for contacting them with my AppID, especially the day before the match. Have I ruined my chances or am I just overreacting?

Besides, I would have figured that programs would have submitted their lists by now, but maybe that's not the case.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Okay, so I've interviewed for residency programs, sent them all thank you notes, and I've submitted my rank list. One of the programs contacted me YESTERDAY to ask me what my applicant ID number is, and so I sent it to them. Then I realized that two of the programs I interviewed with did not ask me for this (or at least I don't remember them asking me for it) and so I emailed them as well, letting them know what it was just in case I did not provide it to them during my interview. Today, when I was on the ASHP match website, I saw that there was a link for programs to obtain access to all applicant ID numbers with a search function (for programs only). I'm afraid that now, I look too desperate to the programs for contacting them with my AppID, especially the day before the match. Have I ruined my chances or am I just overreacting?

Besides, I would have figured that programs would have submitted their lists by now, but maybe that's not the case.

I think it's fine. The programs probably have figured out by now who they want. Plus, you providing your match number should not change their opinion about you.

You're fine, it's easy enough to find applicant numbers on the match site. If they really couldn't find it they would have asked.

Members don't see this ad :)
This. Those that cause issues for themselves seldom stop at one update email.

Exactly, don't send any more. I also don't think it's a big deal if you forgot to put your match number on your CV.

They can search for you on the match site, like how you can search for them. No big deal. Just because they don't ask, doesn't mean they won't rank you.

Thank you so much! I feel so much more reassured. :)