Touro (CA) Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!! That's so wonderful! I literally have dreams of getting the interview invite every night! I hope it'll come true!

I was looking at the master calendar for Touro, and it looks like they will be interviews for the DO program all the way through April. Keep providing updates to let them know you're genuinely interested in going there. Good luck! I hope you get an interview soon! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
finally touro got back to me!!! need to schedule an interview...
Yay! I read this after my initial response. Congrats! So happy that someone that really wants to be there is getting an invite. Best of luck on the interview. It really is pretty relaxed, despite being a bit awkward because you're sitting there with 4-5 other people. The questions really are not hard, they ask you about your activities and the things that you've done. For my interview, I had a student, doctor and professor. They take turns asking each of the applicants about something in their file. As you can probably guess, the PhD asked us all research related questions. If you've done research, know your research and how it relates to your goal and the school's program. If it doesn't, be honest. Be sure to stay positive throughout the interview. And whatever you do, do not compare yourself to your peers, as that will just add to your anxiety and nerves. Just know that you got the interview because they felt you were equally qualified and they see something special in you! If you don't know exactly how to answer a question, take some time to breathe. Really think about it for a few seconds, and then respond. Lastly, they don't expect you to be perfect. If you mess up, just keep moving forward. Don't focus on your mistake. I didn't think I did that well in my interview (didn't feel like I stuck out) but I got in :). Also, be polite and send a genuine and sincere Thank you letter to your interviewers. Address any issues you didn't feel like you were able to adequately address during the interview (briefly) and re-emphasize your interest in the program. :)

Yay! I read this after my initial response. Congrats! So happy that someone that really wants to be there is getting an invite. Best of luck on the interview. It really is pretty relaxed, despite being a bit awkward because you're sitting there with 4-5 other people. The questions really are not hard, they ask you about your activities and the things that you've done. For my interview, I had a student, doctor and professor. They take turns asking each of the applicants about something in their file. As you can probably guess, the PhD asked us all research related questions. If you've done research, know your research and how it relates to your goal and the school's program. If it doesn't, be honest. Be sure to stay positive throughout the interview. And whatever you do, do not compare yourself to your peers, as that will just add to your anxiety and nerves. Just know that you got the interview because they felt you were equally qualified and they see something special in you! If you don't know exactly how to answer a question, take some time to breathe. Really think about it for a few seconds, and then respond. Lastly, they don't expect you to be perfect. If you mess up, just keep moving forward. Don't focus on your mistake. I didn't think I did that well in my interview (didn't feel like I stuck out) but I got in :). Also, be polite and send a genuine and sincere Thank you letter to your interviewers. Address any issues you didn't feel like you were able to adequately address during the interview (briefly) and re-emphasize your interest in the program. :)

Perhaps you meant this for me?? Anyway, I really appreciate your feedback. I actually sent out an email to Jacqueline on Thursday to remind them of my continued interest and lo and behold - I got an interview invite the next day! I'm not sure if it's because of my recent email or because I was nearing the 2 week mark since submitting my secondary and they finally reviewed my file.

Regardless, I am soooo happy! I was about to lose all hope and started to plan and prepare for the next application cycle. I am going to go over all the interview questions during the upcoming few weeks. I have been working in a research lab for the past 5 years and will be focusing on how my work relates to pharmacy. I really hope I get into Touro and hope that we can be friends if I do get accepted! =)

Thanks again for your kind words of encouragement!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed in high alternative since Nov. and i just got in!~ just to give a heads up to all those still waiting, hang in there~ don't lose hope! ^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I am so nervous.. I just emailed Jacqueline asking to see if I should send in a letter of intent or something to show my continued interest in the school.. Did anyone do this and what is your advice??

I really really want to go here and am constantly checking my email for an interview invite.
I FEEL YAH. awaiting their apply too.. hope everything works out!

Hey everyone! I just got accepted to Touro University CA for the PharmD program and I am for sure going to be attending this program. Does anybody know if there is a C/O 2018 Facebook page?

hey same here! congrats!!
I have no idea where the fb page is tho.

Hey everyone! I just got accepted to Touro University CA for the PharmD program and I am for sure going to be attending this program. Does anybody know if there is a C/O 2018 Facebook page?

I actually have a question, do you guys know once you put in the 2,000 dollar deposit and accept the invitation, can you withdraw it later? and of corse loose the 2,000 deposit?

Im in a pickle, because touro requires you to answer in two weeks weather you accept or not, but i have a western u interview after and dont know what to do.

bump

Does anyone know why Touro is looking for a new dean for the College of Pharmacy as of November 2013? Dean Katherine Knapp has done quite a lot for the college (in terms of research regarding the state of the profession, outcomes of and progression of pharmacy schools) since its charter class was admitted in 2005. I hope she is just retiring (and not leaving due to other scandalous sorts of reasons), but there has been no announcement or news of her resignation - only a job posting I stumbled upon while deciding between schools:

https://www.ekornferry.com/Library/Process.asp?P=Opportunity&S=JG619

Last edited:
I actually have a question, do you guys know once you put in the 2,000 dollar deposit and accept the invitation, can you withdraw it later? and of corse loose the 2,000 deposit?
Im in a pickle, because touro requires you to answer in two weeks weather you accept or not, but i have a western u interview after and dont know what to do.

Hi Pickle,
Yes, you will lose your deposit if you submit it & then decide later that you do not want to attend their program later. Before you decide to submit it however, you can call Touro to ask them for an extension for your deposit. They may not grant it, but you can always try.

So i'm on the high alternative waitlist. Anyone know my chances of getting in?

So i'm on the high alternative waitlist. Anyone know my chances of getting in?
I got in but I'm not accepting. So hopefully they can give you my spot. Good luck! High alternative - most likely you will get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello student doctors!

Last edited:
I got in too! I got an unofficial acceptance letter on friday!

Hey same here! im looking for a place to live.. does anyone know where is the best place/price in vallejo? or on mare isl?

just got an official acceptance letter today.

I got an acceptance from Loma Linda today.. I'm having hard time to make decision.

I am going to reject their offer. It was a hard decision but hopefully this would be a good news for somebody on the wait list.

Hey everyone, just a quick question. To those who have been accepted, have you already received your tu.edu email account already? I could have sworn I received an email awhile back with the information, but cannot locate it anymore. Was it a dream?

I was placed on the LOW alternative :(, does anyone know if i have any chance?

Hey everyone, just a quick question. To those who have been accepted, have you already received your tu.edu email account already? I could have sworn I received an email awhile back with the information, but cannot locate it anymore. Was it a dream?
I believe they said we will be receiving our email accounts sometime in June.

hello class of 2018. I have been accepted and looking for roommates as I want to stay on Mare Island. Anyone else looking?

You are welcome! Yes, I got an interview invite the same day I submitted my supplemental app. They replied back really quick and their interview session is very informative as well. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes on that day :)

I submitted my supplemental application and I got an interview invitation on the second day. I got interviewed last week, actually this is my second interview with Touro, i was on the waiting list last year with touro, hopefully i get accepted this year. I think i have better chance this year.

I got interviewed last week, I hope i get accepted, wish me good luck , and hopefully i will be your roommate.

hello class of 2018. I have been accepted and looking for roommates as I want to stay on Mare Island. Anyone else looking?

Hi, im looking for housemates too in mare island

Can anyone please give me a straight answer, anyone on the low alternative list does not have any chance at all? I'm assuming that since they have to go through high and middle list and might never touch the low alternative one.

Can anyone please give me a straight answer, anyone on the low alternative list does not have any chance at all? I'm assuming that since they have to go through high and middle list and might never touch the low alternative one.

From past posts and what people have told me that have gone through this process, it is a bit grim if you are on low alt. I have not heard of anyone getting off low alt for Touro. However, stay positive and have a backup because you never know. If Touro is somewhere you really want to go, then improve your app, work on your interview skills and re-apply.

I am looking for housemates too!

Hey sunnybee! did u find a place yet? I'm looking into a 4 bedroom house, i need 2 more housemates? Are you interested?

Anyone else looking for housemates?

Hey sunnybee! did u find a place yet? I'm looking into a 4 bedroom house, i need 2 more housemates? Are you interested?

Im interested, im a guy though, On Mares island?

hey foreverstud,

yea on mares island

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? Does that happen only after they finish interviews? And if so, when would that be? Thanks!

Has anyone tried calling admissions to ask when they start pulling from the waitlist?

Did anyone write a personal letter of intent, if so can you tell me what did you mention there?

I just started looking for a place to live on mare island. Still looking for housmates?

I got an acceptance email last Friday. I was placed in high alternate and have waited since October. Do you guys know the facebook page of class 2018?

I got an acceptance email last Friday. I was placed in high alternate and have waited since October. Do you guys know the facebook page of class 2018?

I don't think there's a facebook page for class 2018.

I just got my acceptance today. I was waitlisted in early April. I'm looking for female roommate(s). Please message me if you are interested. See you guys in August!

I just got my acceptance today. I was waitlisted in early April. I'm looking for female roommate(s). Please message me if you are interested. See you guys in August!

Hey there! I just got accepted also and need a place to live. There's a 3 bedroom house for rent for 2350 total - anyone interested?

I submitted my secondary a few days ago and just received and interview from touro ca...when i called to schedule they told me i could only schedule within like a month of being offered otherwise it wasn't guaranteed. that being said anyone know what to expect for the interview? this is my first one im nervous :p

anyone interview at touro recently? i have an interview this thurs! nervous but excited... :p its it a group interview? any advice or comments? thanks!