Touro-CA MSMHS 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard any updates from Touro? Obviously at this point, it's pretty slim chances for all of us, but I thought I'd check

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything, unfortunately

It's a done deal at this point guys. Lets accept the reality.

Members don't see this ad :)
looking for ideas if you don't mind sharing, what are you guys doing as backup?

I'm planning on saving myself years of stress and over 200k worth of debt and applying to a physician assistant program at Touro. Hopefully I'll have better luck there.

Is the MSMHS program competitive if you still want to apply to MD schools after completion of the program? Does anyone know or have experience with this??

I'm hoping to revive this thread to past students that can help. I just got into this program and have to decide between Touro CA and Midwestern MABS. I am also on the waitlist for UCSD's postbac...
I am wondering more information about this program. They just decided to change the size of the program to 60 students! So that will probably change a lot about the environment. But, from what you've experienced, what did you think of the program? Was it very helpful in getting you into med school? How was living in the area? School, teachers, how hard the classes/program was? Any information is helpful. If you have any opinions on my predicament of which school to attend, please share your opinion as well.

Thank you!

BTW other students might find this info helpful and there are two links for current applicant forums, so feel free to respond there if you want:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...lth-sciences-2016-2017.1180715/#post-17641370

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/touro-ca-msmhs-2016-2017.1187583/page-2

Hey guys, question for anyone who knows things about this program or preferably is in the program currently. Sorry about the lengthy post, I just have kind of a weird scenario going on. Here's my situation. Ohio resident. UGPA: ~3.3 with retakes. Stellar extracurriculars and leadership, won't bore you with the details, we're all over-achievers here. Then I got a Master's in Neuroscience and was going through personal hell during that time, and got a 3.08 GPA in the master's program, mix of A's B's and B-'s in the program with one C+. **(Internal regret intensifies)** I have been studying for the January 19th MCAT for months and only recently learned how to study efficiently for it, and am giving these next few weeks everything I've got in terms of practice exams but am estimating around a 506-509 score on my MCAT just to be safe. I emailed admissions for this program, asking them if it would be too late in the cycle if I wait until late february when I get my MCAT scores back to apply, and she recommended that yes, I wait until I get my MCAT scores back to hit submit on that application, while preparing the rest of the application beforehand. SO, the reason I'm applying to the MSHS program, even though it will put me in further debt, is because Touro is my top choice medical school, and I feel that I won't stack up with my current stats, even though my GPA will go up slightly higher with retakes and I will have the opportunity to retake the MCAT in the spring after taking biochem if it doesn't go amazing the first time. Any thoughts/advice from anyone on how to go about this MSHS application would be so, so, so deeply appreciated, because I seriously want this more than anything. I'm worried that my neuroscience master's GPA will do me over, combined with the fact that I'm an Ohio resident, because they seem to prefer CA residents. Thank you in advance.