Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to all interviewing! I just got my acceptance and was wondering if anyone else here is going for sure. Im not great at navigating SDN so.. is there somewhere else I should be posting?

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to all interviewing! I just got my acceptance and was wondering if anyone else here is going for sure. Im not great at navigating SDN so.. is there somewhere else I should be posting?

Care to share how you got in? :D I want to get in pretty bad!

Care to share how you got in? :D I want to get in pretty bad!

lol No I don't mind sharing how I got in but I'm not sure how I did. I can only speculate. I think my interview went really well and that sealed the deal. The writing portion is also pretty important but was very easy.

Best advice for the interview: Just try to be really comfortable and have confidence in your abilities. They will know if you're lying. All interviews are different but try to be generally informed on the field of pharmacy. I got the general " future of pharmacy" and "why pharmacy".

Members don't see this ad :)
lol No I don't mind sharing how I got in but I'm not sure how I did. I can only speculate. I think my interview went really well and that sealed the deal. The writing portion is also pretty important but was very easy.

Best advice for the interview: Just try to be really comfortable and have confidence in your abilities. They will know if you're lying. All interviews are different but try to be generally informed on the field of pharmacy. I got the general " future of pharmacy" and "why pharmacy".

Much obliged! I won't let any of you guys down. Especially the ones who supported me. Just about a week and a half away.

...I'm gonna do this...

^ goodluck!
Remember the interview is open file so they may ask you something from ur application so know your application well.

Got an interview invite today! Just submitted last week too, I like how this school is on top of things.
guess thats it for me lol no touro interview =/

EDIT: just barely received an email saying :

All required materials for your Touro University California College of Pharmacy applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review. Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview, you will be notified via email. Please note that invitations to interview may be sent at any time between now and the end of April and submission of application materials does not guarantee an interview

DANG i sent this in Janurary!!!!

Last edited:
That is weird because I turned in my supplemental on Monday and was notified that my app was complete on Wednesday.

Hi RX091607 I was accepted and going for sure! :)

guess thats it for me lol no touro interview =/

EDIT: just barely received an email saying :

All required materials for your Touro University California College of Pharmacy applicant file have been received and your file is now complete and eligible for committee review. Should the Committee decide to invite you to attend an interview, you will be notified via email. Please note that invitations to interview may be sent at any time between now and the end of April and submission of application materials does not guarantee an interview

DANG i sent this in Janurary!!!!

Then you still have a chance. It said you have until the end of April. It's not like Western when the interview days have already been determine and not being invited to any of them means you didn't get in for sure.

Then you still have a chance. It said you have until the end of April. It's not like Western when the interview days have already been determine and not being invited to any of them means you didn't get in for sure.

but chances are slim its so late in the process... so many acceptances and so many are already waitlisted. Lets hope i get good news from just ONE school lol

but chances are slim its so late in the process... so many acceptances and so many are already waitlisted. Lets hope i get good news from just ONE school lol

I got the confirmation email Friday as well and they sent me an interview invite on Monday, so don't give up hope, I bet you'll get something Monday! :)

Also, their deadline for supplementals is April 1 so technically there will be interviews till after that day.

Crystal,
You have 2 months to until they give you an interview. I would rather wait for an interview than to know I would be denied right away. Waiting is better than being denied. Keep your head up.

Hi RX091607 I was accepted and going for sure! :)

Congrats, guys :)

Have you guys started working oh the apps for financial aid? Just wondering, how long after submitting the materials should we hear back from the financial aid office?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone in the application process! I got accepted to Touro and have decided to attend for sure. I'm currently looking for a place to rent on Mare Island that's near the campus. I'm a laid back female and plan to spend most of my time studying. In case any future or current students view this, please PM me if you have or know of an available room for rent. If any other female students are also looking for a place to rent or for roommates, feel free to contact me too. Thanks!

Hi Nicky! Congrats!! Have you started looking housing??

Thanks April! :) I applied for FAFSA already but not the Loan portion. Have you started already??

Congrats to all of you. Hopefully, we will have class together.:)

Hi Nicky! Congrats!! Have you started looking housing??

Thanks April! :) I applied for FAFSA already but not the Loan portion. Have you started already??
Not yet, I have asked what the safest areas are...but haven't had a chance to look. I live in So. Cal so it's kinda a hassle to go back and forth. I will prob start looking when it gets closer to the date.

has somebody created facebook for class of 2016?

Does anyone know where's a safe area to live that is near the campus?

I received my interview invitation today! Wow! I am still undecided on interview date.

wow congrats, i still havent heard from them =/ hopefully tomorrow
Thank you! I have not heard from Northstate but I read that you had your interview there fairly quick after submitting the supplemental. For some reason, I never heard back for 3 weeks. In more oddness, Northstate confirmed receipt of my supplemental on March 2nd. O.O
It really took them that long to process my app?

I am so super nervous for Touro! I truly want to go there because I want to be near my family. It is within 20 minutes commute from my house. That would be so nice... considering my parents are in their 60's now. Being out of state for 3 or 4 years does not bode well with me. What if something happens to them. It would tear me apart.

@Twentytwelve2

Have you made your appointment for your interview yet? Looks like we're in the same batch of interviewees. I received my invite on the same day.

I scheduled for 3/21. You?

Also, anyone that have interviewed have any tips?

@Twentytwelve2

Have you made your appointment for your interview yet? Looks like we're in the same batch of interviewees. I received my invite on the same day.

remember to look over the questions in the interview feedback section, most of my interview questions were similar to those. Also they might ask stuff from your application so know what you wrote/put in the app and supplemental.

Goodluck :thumbup:

@Twentytwelve2

To add to tips also, be up to date on the field of pharmacy. I felt that gave me a leg up during my interview. Remember, its a group interview so they are watching how you interact but it also helps to be more knowledgable than others. You're all different but you're all interested in pharmacy, as a result, the questions you will be asked about it and knowing more may be better. ...

I don't know if that made any sense. lol

@Twentytwelve2

Oh awesome. I actually originally planned on 3/21 however I have THREE finals on that day! Anatomy lecture, physical chemistry, and entomology would murder me the next Thursday morning too so I am scheduling for a 3/28 interview date, which is the following Wednesday from yours!

It would be funny if we had met though. I wonder what its like to meet a fellow SDN'er at my interview XD. I never had an interview before so the stress is getting to me. Plus, I am not exactly an "out going" and loud person... hmm what about you?

Anyways, I wish you the best at your interview and perhaps if we both get accepted we can celebrate!

And thank you for the tips Ayuka001, RX091607

Oh awesome. I actually originally planned on 3/21 however I have THREE finals on that day! Anatomy lecture, physical chemistry, and entomology would murder me the next Thursday morning too so I am scheduling for a 3/28 interview date, which is the following Wednesday from yours!

It would be funny if we had met though. I wonder what its like to meet a fellow SDN'er at my interview XD. I never had an interview before so the stress is getting to me. Plus, I am not exactly an "out going" and loud person... hmm what about you?

Anyways, I wish you the best at your interview and perhaps if we both get accepted we can celebrate!

UC Davis student?

Hm, lol. that is about my schedule and everybody schedule when I did winter quarter last yr. Anatomy Lec, Lab. Pchem 107B, and 1 elective. haha.

Rofl, UC Davis ftw! :laugh: That was my schedule last year and I remembered having 3 finals in one day. :(

Hm, lol. that is about my schedule and everybody schedule when I did winter quarter last yr. Anatomy Lec, Lab. Pchem 107B, and 1 elective. haha.
LOL I am surprised you still remember that quarter's finals schedule. It must have left a mark right? lol. But anyway! We need to talk. Have you graduated already? And did you already interviewed at Touro? How did it go? Any other schools? :D

As for me, I am a 5th year student graduating next quarter. I only applied to two schools, California Northstate and Touro. I had planned on UoP but I received my pharmacist letter in January. I was extremely shocked at how fast Touro responded back to me after I submitted my pharmcas app. The week following my pharmcas submission was the supplement invitation, followed by the interview invitation the week after I submitted the supplement. Call me negative but I did not expect this so it made me very happy. At least for now anyway, I am not sure how many seats are left and I cringe at the thought of interviewing. I do plan to work on my writing and interview after 3/21 though! :)

More aggies! Nice to meet you patientlover. I see you have a nice long history of acceptances.

LOL I am surprised you still remember that quarter's finals schedule. It must have left a mark right? lol. But anyway! We need to talk. Have you graduated already? And did you already interviewed at Touro? How did it go? Any other schools? :D

As for me, I am a 5th year student graduating next quarter. I only applied to two schools, California Northstate and Touro. I had planned on UoP but I received my pharmacist letter in January. I was extremely shocked at how fast Touro responded back to me after I submitted my pharmcas app. The week following my pharmcas submission was the supplement invitation, followed by the interview invitation the week after I submitted the supplement. Call me negative but I did not expect this so it made me very happy. At least for now anyway, I am not sure how many seats are left and I cringe at the thought of interviewing. I do plan to work on my writing and interview after 3/21 though! :)

More aggies! Nice to meet you patientlover. I see you have a nice long history of acceptances.

Yea, graduated last yr. interviewed at touro but waitlisted. applied to northstate recently, so nothing from them yet. still waiting for UOP, USC, and Massacheusetts. Yea, Touro is super fast at responding to applicants, very nice of them. I remember they ask me to go interview 2 weeks after they receive my supplemental app. No need to be negative because they are just really fast, lol. Writing is just normal inclass writing, I think. Interview was ok, standard interview questions like other suggested from above post. Though it might stand out if you have "unique" answers. I hate it when they ask questions that has 1 legit answer....

Yea, graduated last yr. interviewed at touro but waitlisted. applied to northstate recently, so nothing from them yet. still waiting for UOP, USC, and Massacheusetts. Yea, Touro is super fast at responding to applicants, very nice of them. I remember they ask me to go interview 2 weeks after they receive my supplemental app. No need to be negative because they are just really fast, lol. Writing is just normal inclass writing, I think. Interview was ok, standard interview questions like other suggested from above post. Though it might stand out if you have "unique" answers. I hate it when they ask questions that has 1 legit answer....

I think you might know some of my current lab aides. They also graduated last year and applied in this year's cycle. Both of them were accepted to their school of choice. I am not sure if I am reading this right, but you are waiting for acceptance letter from the other three schools?

Perhaps we may meet each other for Northstate interview. I think we both applied around the same time.

About the one legit answer responses. I guess it is more of how you express that answer, even if it is technically the same as everyone else's response. I think they can tell by your facial expression and voice tone if you are truly genuine in what you have to say.

Waitlist is still great! It is better than the dreadful R word.

I am a 5th year as well. :cool: Anyways, good luck with your interview! I would say be confident and be yourself. They seem to really like UCD students, based on their admitted applicant statistics. :D That, and make friends with the other applicants. I was surprised at how pleasant of an experience it was. My group and I bonded, got to know eachother, and it seems like most of us got in! (At least all the ones that I asked.)

Don't worry too much about seats left. You have people like me who are potentially giving up a spot because of the scary $2000 deposit. :( It's gonna be a hard decision for me because this school is on the rise to the top. The statistics they give you during the interview are absolutely amazing. It didn't help that my mom was making fun of me the other day for potentially giving up this school in California for one in the midwest.

I recently got accepted into Touro CA COP. The interview process was quick and straight forward. My greatest advice would be to have an answer prepared for the question, "Where do you see pharmacy in 2026?" I was asked that question and I've seen it time and time again on the interview section of SDN. Also, don't be discouraged if the interviewer tries to challenge your answers. Stay calm and stay grounded and get through the question politely. I think they just want to see how you handle stressful situations like that.

Also, don't worry too much about the writing portion. You basically respond to a passage in a basic essay defending your point. And no, it had nothing to do with pharmacy.

I think you might know some of my current lab aides. They also graduated last year and applied in this year's cycle. Both of them were accepted to their school of choice. I am not sure if I am reading this right, but you are waiting for acceptance letter from the other three schools?

Perhaps we may meet each other for Northstate interview. I think we both applied around the same time.

About the one legit answer responses. I guess it is more of how you express that answer, even if it is technically the same as everyone else's response. I think they can tell by your facial expression and voice tone if you are truly genuine in what you have to say.

Waitlist is still great! It is better than the dreadful R word.

lol. srry about my context, no, I am waiting for interviews, lol. haha. I took PCAT and have more choices as well at other school too. Yea, waitlist is better than nothing. Yea, thought it is really awkward if you have to repeat someone answer even if you say it differently , lol.

I am a 5th year as well. :cool: Anyways, good luck with your interview! I would say be confident and be yourself. They seem to really like UCD students, based on their admitted applicant statistics. :D That, and make friends with the other applicants. I was surprised at how pleasant of an experience it was. My group and I bonded, got to know eachother, and it seems like most of us got in! (At least all the ones that I asked.)

Don't worry too much about seats left. You have people like me who are potentially giving up a spot because of the scary $2000 deposit. :( It's gonna be a hard decision for me because this school is on the rise to the top. The statistics they give you during the interview are absolutely amazing. It didn't help that my mom was making fun of me the other day for potentially giving up this school in California for one in the midwest.

Lol. yea, another reason why I kind of felt like waitlist isnt so bad since its $2000 bucks. I heard they try to be a top school in CA so they are pushing their curriculum.

I apologize if these questions were answered anywhere else in the thread. I guess we can revive the topic if so. I actually just signed up for SDN to ask this $2,000 question (I got accepted and that is the hefty deposit I am referring to!). Anyway:

1) How many internship hours are offered thru the 2+2 program? I interviewed at Western and I was a bit turned off that students had to find 900 internship hours on their own. I'm hoping that with 2 years of clinical exposure at Touro, we get nearly (if not ALL!) the 1500 hours required to sit for the NAPLEX.

2) Are immunizations required prior to matriculation? This was also a point that was brought up in my Western interview. If so, I better get on that Hep B series pronto.

3) I saw housing on the island as I sat back in the Evans shuttle... do any of you know how long the walk is from these houses to campus and how likely it is to rent out one of these rooms? I'd love to live there on the island so I can have quick access to my home where I plan to stash food since there is apparently no food around the campus. :p

4) What is the average distance that students have to travel to reach their rotation destinations...? I am from the bay area and know there isn't much in Vallejo so I'm nervous that we'll be commuting a lot. And gas is expensive! AGH!! :eek:

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers. You'll help me sleep better at night with this clarity.

It really is a great school, you should go!
I recently got accepted into Touro CA COP. The interview process was quick and straight forward. My greatest advice would be to have an answer prepared for the question, "Where do you see pharmacy in 2026?" I was asked that question and I've seen it time and time again on the interview section of SDN. Also, don't be discouraged if the interviewer tries to challenge your answers. Stay calm and stay grounded and get through the question politely. I think they just want to see how you handle stressful situations like that.

Also, don't worry too much about the writing portion. You basically respond to a passage in a basic essay defending your point. And no, it had nothing to do with pharmacy.
The scariest part is that I have no way to prepare for how I will handle the stress, it being my first interview. I feel if I had several interviews to go through I would have experienced all the emotions that can occur during an interview and that would allow me to become adapted to the interview environment.
lol. srry about my context, no, I am waiting for interviews, lol. haha. I took PCAT and have more choices as well at other school too. Yea, waitlist is better than nothing. Yea, thought it is really awkward if you have to repeat someone answer even if you say it differently , lol.
I have heard University of Southern Nevada or Roseman University (same Uni) is easier to get into. It would be a good backup for next year's cycle. I am considering it too, and will be preparing for the PCAT in case I have to apply out of state..

Aw, that's unfortunate. I was hoping to see other people on SDN. I just realized I scheduled during finals week for a lot of schools. Hopefully I'm not the only person there. lol

Thanks for the tips Ayuka and RX.

Yea, I just called and I got an interview on Nov 2. She said that was the first date open!
Is anyone else interviewing on Nov. 2?

Hello,
Please share your interview questions that I should prepair & 45 minutes essay question!
Thanks alot.

Hey how about you change your day to Oct 26?
Settled.

Hello there,
Please share your interview questions & essay question on your interview.
I am very nervous; since this school is the last chance for this year to me.
I am not a good writter; therefore, your advices will be very appreciated it. Thanks alot.

I apologize if these questions were answered anywhere else in the thread. I guess we can revive the topic if so. I actually just signed up for SDN to ask this $2,000 question (I got accepted and that is the hefty deposit I am referring to!). Anyway:

1) How many internship hours are offered thru the 2+2 program? I interviewed at Western and I was a bit turned off that students had to find 900 internship hours on their own. I'm hoping that with 2 years of clinical exposure at Touro, we get nearly (if not ALL!) the 1500 hours required to sit for the NAPLEX.

2) Are immunizations required prior to matriculation? This was also a point that was brought up in my Western interview. If so, I better get on that Hep B series pronto.

3) I saw housing on the island as I sat back in the Evans shuttle... do any of you know how long the walk is from these houses to campus and how likely it is to rent out one of these rooms? I'd love to live there on the island so I can have quick access to my home where I plan to stash food since there is apparently no food around the campus. :p

4) What is the average distance that students have to travel to reach their rotation destinations...? I am from the bay area and know there isn't much in Vallejo so I'm nervous that we'll be commuting a lot. And gas is expensive! AGH!! :eek:

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers. You'll help me sleep better at night with this clarity.
Hello there,
First, Congrts on your acceptance to touro. I would like to ask should I drive from oakland airport to hotel, then from hotel to touro for interview. I never drive there before.
Also, what is your advices for interview questions & essay that I should prepair. Thanks alot.

Hello there,
First, Congrts on your acceptance to touro. I would like to ask should I drive from oakland airport to hotel, then from hotel to touro for interview. I never drive there before.
Also, what is your advices for interview questions & essay that I should prepair. Thanks alot.

You can find tips for the writing portion from Touro CA's website. Go here http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tu-ca-cop for interview questions.

I just talked to Ms. Garrido. The 3/21 interview slot had openings and to no surprise, the 3/28 was full lol. I took the last spot for the 29th. I think people are avoiding finals week.
I will be the nervous one XD

I just talked to Ms. Garrido. The 3/21 interview slot had openings and to no surprise, the 3/28 was full lol. I took the last spot for the 29th. I think people are avoiding finals week.
I will be the nervous one XD

haaha, lucky. Luck already comes your way!

I just got out of the interview which ended about 3.5 hours ago and I am waiting at the Oakland airport. What you just wrote was so true indeed...I will explain more about my experience later. My brain literally fried from information overload the faculty provided us with. :yawn: