TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been rejected yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Jeez I applied to UMDNJ like 3 weeks ago and found out my decision today. I have a bad feeling they will just send out a mass rejection to a bunch of people..

Hey guys how does the request to apply work? You basically email them with a general request to apply, or providing them with materials?

A little confused!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys how does the request to apply work? You basically email them with a general request to apply, or providing them with materials?

A little confused!
I emailed but they took forever to respond. So I called until I reached Lissette and told her I wanted to apply. She took my email down as well as my credentials and sent me the application while I was on the phone with her.

I just sent an email and got a reply with the application attached.

How do I send the MCAT to them if its not listed on THx

how do you have an mcat score not listed on thx? unless you took it before 1991..lol

if it doesn't show up on thx, and you DID take the mcat, then you have to wait til you get the scores back and wait for it to show up on the THx in order to send it to them

Nevermind, thank you @jerris2011 for the hook up!

@Chip90 I spoke to Ms. Mercado today, thanks though!

Last edited:

I think he means if you can't send it directly-

Go to "Create and Print my Own Score Report" and send that paper in. They can verify your score using that.

Anyone willing to send me an application? I haven't heard anything and sent multiple e-mails to Lisette (sp). Thanks in advance!

You can try and call them. The number is somewhere in this thread.

Was completed 1.5mnths ago .... haven't heard anything, Just assuming I got rejected ... 75 bucks down the drain

For those of you already accepted, would you mind posting stats? I thought I had a competitive application, but it's been a little over a month and no call so I'm just hoping to gauge where I stand...
good luck to those still waiting!

For those of you already accepted, would you mind posting stats? I thought I had a competitive application, but it's been a little over a month and no call so I'm just hoping to gauge where I stand...
good luck to those still waiting!

here are my stats. undergrad. GPA = 3.17 , grad GPA = 3.5 and 24 MCAT(9 PS 7 VR 8BS)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I applied in early January and have since gotten accepted. Only problem is that I was accepted to like 5 programs of this nature. What do I do? How do I decide? They are are all great in their own way...

Advice..Comments...

What is the average amount of time people wait? It has been 3 weeks for me now. I am freaking out and want to call them to see when to expect. My credentials are good I just hope I wasn't too late

Thanks for posting manno...
As for the wait time, I've been complete since 4/3ish and still no word...I'm guessing either they're waiting for the last minute applicants who were passed for DO acceptance, or ? But on the other hand, no one's posted about any interviews since April 20th or so, so maybe Touro's just swamped right now with exams?

For all of you who have been accepted.
I'm creating a facebook group so we can all get in touch and ask questions. Would anyone join it if I create it?

For all of you who have been accepted.
I'm creating a facebook group so we can all get in touch and ask questions. Would anyone join it if I create it?

yes if you make a fb group ill join. I got accepted about 2 weeks ago and im eager to get to know everyone accepted.

yeah, I have over a 3.5 GPA and a 25 MCAT, and a lot of research experience so I hope that it all helps me in getting in! The waiting is super frustrating.

For all those who have been accepted.
I have created a facebook group for our class. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/290240901067551/
The name of the group is: 2013 Masters program (Harlem). Unfortunately we are not allowed to use the name of school because it is legally protected by the school. If we were to use it someone from the school's administration would have to join it and monitor it. And I'm sure none of us would want that. Well hopefully all of you get to join it and we can start getting to know each other.

yeah, I have over a 3.5 GPA and a 25 MCAT, and a lot of research experience so I hope that it all helps me in getting in! The waiting is super frustrating.

How come you didn't apply for straight acceptances in D.O.?

I did but I haven't heard from them about that either. I applied to both

They're starting to send out rejections guys. I got one :(

3.0 cGPA, 26 MCAT (10V, 09B, 07P) solid extra curriculars including research projects. I was even sure my reference letters were solid....AND I even applied early. I still can't believe I got rejected, I'm so heartbroken. But good luck to the rest of you, hope you all make your dreams come true.

3.0 cGPA, 26 MCAT (10V, 09B, 07P) solid extra curriculars including research projects. I was even sure my reference letters were solid....AND I even applied early. I still can't believe I got rejected, I'm so heartbroken. But good luck to the rest of you, hope you all make your dreams come true.

Wow that makes me nervous.

Did you have a DO LOR or any LORs in general?

Did you have a DO LOR or any LORs in general?

i had similar (a tiny bit better) and was rejected as well. yup I did and was still rejected

I called today and they said my file is being reviewed this week and I should know by the end of the month.

Just got my letter of rejection. Can't say I'm surprised after how long it took for them to get back..

I didn't interview but I talked to dr prancan a few months ago telling him
My interest in the school and I did join the group I cannot wait to
Meet you all! :)

I didn't interview but I talked to dr prancan a few months ago telling him
My interest in the school and I did join the group I cannot wait to
Meet you all! :)

Ahh man, good start to your weekend! Still waiting...did you hear via email or did they call?

Thanks! Yeah they emailed me. It has been a great weekend. I graduate tomorrow and this was definitely the best present

Hi,

I was also accepted for fall 2012, very excited to start in august but I was wondering about housing. Does anyone who did the program have any good tips about finding affordable apartments, maybe with a public library nearby. thanks :)

Hi guys! I am finishing up the Master' program this year. If you have any questions, feel free to message me and I will do my best to answer. :) good luck!

Hey all!

I am currently a Master's student here at Touro. If you would like more info about the program please go back and look at my older posts. Just to update those that have been accepted I am working toward creating a FB group, similar to the one that we currently have. I spent the day talking to admin because I wanted to make sure I went about it the right way. I am going to email those who are accepted and add them to the FB group when its created. I have an exam this Thursday and Tuesday, so the FB group should be up and running by sometime next week.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM me. I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all soon.

Hi,

I was also accepted for fall 2012, very excited to start in august but I was wondering about housing. Does anyone who did the program have any good tips about finding affordable apartments, maybe with a public library nearby. thanks :)
Hey,
There's a Facebook group called 2013 Masters program (Harlem) and you should join. The link is somewhere on this page just scroll up and you'll find it.

Does anyone have any info on how full the class is at this point?

As soon as I get the master list of names of those already accepted I will let you all know how many are already accepted. I will see if Dr. Prancan will tell me how many more spaces are available. I will try to keep you all as updated as possible.

Hey all!

OK! So I spoke to Ms. Mercado this afternoon about getting a master list of those who have already been accepted. She informed me that due to protocol she can't give me an incomplete list. I can only receive the full list when it is finalized by the 2nd week in June. SO for those that haven't heard yet, its not too late. They are still going through applications and trying to finalize stuff. Please please make sure all of the requirements are in (LOR, transcripts, application, ect).

For those of you that are already accepted, please PM me your name and I will cross check them with the names that Ms. Mercado already has. If she lets me do this, I will set up the FB group ASAP and add all of those that I have confirmed.

Hang in there guys! You will have a an answer soon enough. For those that are in already, Congratulations! :)

Hi,

I was told that Touro offers an anatomy prep course in the summer. I was wondering if any of you guys who did the program know about this. I was just accepted to the masters program, and I heard there is this anatomy course but I dont know the details, like when does it start and how much is it. Can anyone share some info about this? thanks!

Hi,

I was told that Touro offers an anatomy prep course in the summer. I was wondering if any of you guys who did the program know about this. I was just accepted to the masters program, and I heard there is this anatomy course but I dont know the details, like when does it start and how much is it. Can anyone share some info about this? thanks!
Congratulation!!
I got accepted too. If you go on the website and on the left hand corner click on summer courses you'll get a list of the courses available for the summer as well as the dates and prices. When you scroll all the way down there should be a link to the application. There's also a Facebook group called 2013 Masters program (Harlem) you should join. The link is on this page so just scroll ip and you'll see where I mentioned it before. Congrats again!

Hi,

Congrats on getting accepted. I will be in the MS program for the fall also .check out the link. If you are in fact interested u should get your registration out to the school asap.

http://www.touro.edu/med/courses_anatomy.html

does any one know where people usually live? i may be living with a girl working at Goldman Sachs, which is way downtown but i was wondering where is affordable?