Transfer Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know this has been asked a million times, but I'm not finding any threads of people in my particular position.
I am academically doing well but want to transfer for (a) social/geographic reasons (really small school in the middle of nowhere...not my thing), (b) research opportunities, and (c) I would like to take an extra year of college and my liberal arts school doesn't allow that.

The only small problem is that I'm wondering about two things: (1) Will med schools care if I transfer from a top LAC to a top 50 large university? (2) Will it look bad if I transfer and therefore graduate in five years?

Thanks and sorry if this has directly been asked before--I couldn't find it.

Members don't see this ad.

1) no
2) no

in both cases have a one or two response as to why you did them for an interview question

I can confirm. It doesnt reflect negatively on you. I was asked why I transferred at each interview I attended (Except for MMIs).What does matter is your performance at each school. If you do well at your new school, it actually reflects positively on you because you are showing you can succeed in various environments.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I can confirm. It doesnt reflect negatively on you. I was asked why I transferred at each interview I attended (Except for MMIs).What does matter is your performance at each school. If you do well at your new school, it actually reflects positively on you because you are showing you can succeed in various environments.

Good luck!
Exactly this. No one will hold a transfer against you- just be ready to talk about it!

Reactions: 1 user