Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magicaldinosaur

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to know whether or not I should transfer. Currently, I'm working so hard to get B-s (averages) at a school very known for being premed heavy. Although all my peers tell me it's better to work hard for that B+/A- than to get an A for showing up, I don't buy it and I get bitter when speaking on the topic. I'm wondering if I should transfer to a state university.

If yes, is it possible to transfer for the fall despite the deadline? How will admissions view this clear easy-way out?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's too late for most fall transfers, some schools transfer deadline is June--check with your state university. It might be viewed as an easy way out, but other factors can be considered as well. Just work hard for A's and don't slack off.

If you asked this you probably don't want to transfer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you need to self evaluate and be honest with yourself as to whether or not you're doing everything you poasibly can to get an A. If there is am underlying problem with your study skills, transferring to another school won't necessarily mean better grades.

I think you need to self evaluate and be honest with yourself as to whether or not you're doing everything you poasibly can to get an A. If there is am underlying problem with your study skills, transferring to another school won't necessarily mean better grades.
I haven't tried my best by far. I'm just worried - B- average to B+A- average won't be enough if I step up my game. At a state university I have in mind, I know I could get As if I tried.