TSU Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enchanted

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody got an interview offer for this cycle yet? How did the interview go?

Members don't see this ad.

i just finished my application, did any one get interview ?

Yes, I received an invite....My interview is on Feb. 18th....I'm nervous!!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is also this day! Its at noon though so right after yours probably. GOODLUCK to you guys!

TSU as in Texas Southern University?

By the way, congrats on your interviews, but I guess they sent out invites early, before the Feb. 15 (16th) deadline?

I received my invite by email on Feb 10 for Feb 18 interview. Their interviews started last week, but since it was half a day only 10 were invited. Mine was the 2nd round and 20 were invited. Interview dates are on Tuesday and Thursday.

please those of you intervewed early can you share us some idea and what is the written subject if you donot mind.

I think they give a different topic for each interview date, but if it was the same one, I wouldn't tell you what it was. Why would I give other applicants this advantage? I didn't know the topic and you shouldn't either....thats the point.

I think they give a different topic for each interview date, but if it was the same one, I wouldn't tell you what it was. Why would I give other applicants this advantage? I didn't know the topic and you shouldn't either....thats the point.

damn straight.

Does anybody know when they would start sending out acceptance letters?? March or April? May?

I read that A&M you can be accepted as late as mid-July! =\\

i did my interview but it is the worest for me. i do know how much the interview cover.:thumbdown:my acceptance in jeopardy

Members don't see this ad :)
Still havent heard anything from this school about any kind of interview. It's seemed they are one of the most unorganized schools out there....

Anyways, here's to hoping i hear something soon. :thumbup:

Does anyone know how is the structure of interview. I know that we have arrive an hour earlier for the writing assignment. How long would the interview last?

The interview is probably about 15 minutes (give or take). Most of the time you are sitting in a room with other applicants waiting for your name to be called. The essay is done in the computer lab, and you have 20 minutes to type your response to the given topic.

I'm not sure, hopefully within the next week or so....:xf:

I received my invite by email on Feb 10 for Feb 18 interview. Their interviews started last week, but since it was half a day only 10 were invited. Mine was the 2nd round and 20 were invited. Interview dates are on Tuesday and Thursday.
Thank you for sharing, Enchanted. Is the interview open-filed? How many interviewer in your interview?

Has anyone from the 2-18 interview received an acceptance letter?...or any kind of letter? Just curious..

Has anyone from the 2-18 interview received an acceptance letter?...or any kind of letter? Just curious..

I was interviewed that day also but nothing yet so far, but if I can recall, Mrs. Davis said hopefully she'll send out responses within a month from then, so lets hope sometime in the next 2 weeks! :xf:

ms.davis said,someone who score higher they will send out april and before. just wait:xf:

Oh..Ok..For some reason I was thinking they said 2-4 weeks. Thanks for the information

Anyone hear anything as of yet? I got an invite for an interview for March 25th

HeartandSoul,

Can you at least tell us how long the whole process takes? We have to show up 1 hour early to do an essay basically. But then what? How long does the WHOLE process take?

Well, the essay is 20 minutes in the computer lab. Then you sit in a room with the rest of the students who have an interview that day.When it time for your interview, they take you down the hall. The actual interview lasted maybe 15 minutes....Then after everyone has their interview, a few students give a tour of the school. I think I was there about 2 hours. Most of the time was spent talking to other applicants....

Anyone know how late the interviews go into the spring? I'm assuming they will be interviewing people still in Early to Mid April?

I've been trying to call Ms Davis for the past 3 days but she never answered her phone! I want to know around what time acceptance letter will be sent out. Anyone heard anything?

I really like the location of this school, however I have heard some bad things about it which will affect my decision to choose TSU or a further away school in Texas. Apparently at some point there were students paying their TA in order to get a good grade. I have also heard about a student sleeping with her professor in order to pass. The pharmacist I work for also told me to not go to this school or the quality of my education would suffer. At the same time I have a friend who attends and feels that she is getting a quality education.

I am not sure if everything I heard about this school is true. Can anyone clarify things for me?

I have heard of similar stories as in the professors/ta have given out answers to the exams and I have heard the board have been trying to discredit the program but it has been going on for several years now but they have no done anything so maybe it should be fine? For some reason though, everyone I talk to that's in the Rx business, TSU is looked down upon but in the end to me, Rx school is Rx school, as long as you get your license in the end. Good luck yall.

TSU may have had a bad track record in the past, but in 2009 they received a 95.12% Naplex passage rate.. which isn't bad at all when you look at what they have had in the past. They also have instilled a new curriculum that is similar to schools like TX A&M (who are a poster child for board accreditation -- young school not yet accredited). We won't see the results of this new curriculum through the Naplex exam until 2012, but I predict it will remain >95%.

http://www.nabp.net/ftpfiles/bulletins/NaplexSPR.pdf

Yeah, it seems as though everyone I talk to (aside from TSU students) has a very negative view of this school. One pharmacy student told me if I get accepted I shouldn't go, I should just apply to another school next year. I work with 4 TSU graduates who are all great pharmacists AND the passing rate for NAPLEX has improved, so...its seems odd that everyone has this horrible view of the school.

I agree, I feel that when TSU brings their Naplex average above the 90th percentile they will have nothing that holds them back from competing with other schools. I believe they have the advantage of being in Houston because of the awesome Clinical experience available with Harris County Hospitals, Ben Taub, as well as the top dogs Methodist, Memorial Hermann, and St. Luke's hospitals all within 10 miles or less from campus. TSU might only deal with Harris County, Ben Taub, and Memorial though.. not completely sure but I do know they have rotations there. They also sponsor a residency postion in the TX medical center at the John McGovern campus. It's a Drug Information Resource residency -- sounds like a great place to be in the center of research and clinical reference.

I really like the location of this school, however I have heard some bad things about it which will affect my decision to choose TSU or a further away school in Texas. Apparently at some point there were students paying their TA in order to get a good grade. I have also heard about a student sleeping with her professor in order to pass. The pharmacist I work for also told me to not go to this school or the quality of my education would suffer. At the same time I have a friend who attends and feels that she is getting a quality education.

I am not sure if everything I heard about this school is true. Can anyone clarify things for me?
I've attended in TSU for two semesters. The labs are so poor. Many people use a set of equipments. And no enough equipments are good to use. Their pharmacy school doesn't have enough faculties. In general, the state doesn't support it well. We often joked it seems to go back to African in TSU. :thumbdown:

I've attended in TSU for two semesters. The labs are so poor. Many people use a set of equipments. And no enough equipments are good to use. Their pharmacy school doesn't have enough faculties. In general, the state doesn't support it well. We often joked it seems to go back to African in TSU. :thumbdown:

Grammar much?

Grammar much?

Agreed. One common problem I have heard from other pharmacists is that the African students from TSU have such strong accents or poor english skills, both verbal and written, that it is very frustrating to work with them in a pharmacy where communication is nearly EVERYTHING. :eek:

I called this morning and they said they don't know exactly when acceptance letters will go out. I checked the old TSU thread and it seems like people got their letters mid Feb. :(

Last edited:
:lame:
Agreed. One common problem I have heard from other pharmacists is that the African students from TSU have such strong accents or poor english skills, both verbal and written, that it is very frustrating to work with them in a pharmacy where communication is nearly EVERYTHING. :eek:

Classic stereotype....how sad!:lame:

Any comments on TSU interviews?

They don't know when acceptance letters will go out? How do they not know? They have been holding interviews since Feb. There must be a few applicants who seem like a good fit....I am usually a very patient person, but the whole application process this semester is making me :scared:

:lame:

Classic stereotype....how sad!:lame:

What is sad is when you can't understand people in such a detailed oriented profession.

As for the letters... I vote April, early-mid, is when we will hear anything.

They don't know when acceptance letters will go out? How do they not know? They have been holding interviews since Feb. There must be a few applicants who seem like a good fit....I am usually a very patient person, but the whole application process this semester is making me :scared:
I applyed TSU last year. My interview was at March 20. Most of people got interviews around the spring break. But this year, I haven't heard anything, yet. :sleep: My application looks much better than last year. No reason they don't invite me to the interview. (Sigh) I almost give up!

I applyed TSU last year. My interview was at March 20. Most of people got interviews around the spring break. But this year, I haven't heard anything, yet. :sleep: My application looks much better than last year. No reason they don't invite me to the interview. (Sigh) I almost give up!

I'm sorry what? Did you get an interview this semester or no? You say you did on march 20 but then you say they didn't invite you.

I'm sorry what? Did you get an interview this semester or no? You say you did on march 20 but then you say they didn't invite you.

Tea meant he/she got an interview last year on March 20, but hasn't heard anything this year.

What is sad is when you can't understand people in such a detailed oriented profession.

As for the letters... I vote April, early-mid, is when we will hear anything.

AS A PHARMACIST, you'll work with people of different cultures and trust me you will encounter various accents. Not only from your "fellow colleagues" So you have to be willing to make an EFFORT to understand the way people talk rather than criticize because that won't change a thing!

...just sayin.!

I'm not a native English speaker. So please don't pick my English. If you went to other countries, you will know how hard to master a foreign language.:(

I'm not a native English speaker. So please don't pick my English. If you went to other countries, you will know how hard to master a foreign language.:(

I am not making fun of your english. I wanted to clarify if you meant you got an interview this year or last year.

Grammar much?
I mean this one. If you were a pharmacist, you will have to deal with lots of ethnic minorities patients. Even in the pharmacy school, there are many instructors who came from foreign countries. So you'd better get used to it.

Last edited: