TSU Fall 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had 4 interviewers.. and two P4 students in my room. They asked me how I prepared myself for pharmacy school, why TSU and a lot of questions about my job as a tech. They asked me how I would confront my pharmacist if they were not doing their job correctly. It seems odd that people were asked spelling questions and Miranda rights...I don't really see the point...it just seems odd to me....:confused:

After I recited the miranda rights he made a joke about it saying that the empty chair next to me was for an attorney to help me answer questions if I were unable to do it for myself...I laughed and he laughed and then I said I could do well on my own...then the interview went on from there...questions like what is medicare part D, Why TSU, Q about OTC drugs, Qs about my pharmacy experience and a few other questions that were meant for them to pick my brain as they said.

Members don't see this ad.

I was very nervous in my interview (it was the first one I had). So, there is a good possibility I will be denied...but I'm trying to keep hope alive. I felt like everyone else had easier questions than I did...and I was a little upset when others told me how great they thought there interview was...I don't know, only time will tell....:scared:

mine went smooth.. I was asked to spell Potato, and Mississippi. odd.. and I spelled it Potatoe, which is wrong... haha, that's what pressure can do to you. I had TWO interviewers.. how many did you guys have?

When did you all have your interviews?

Feb 18. I think my group was the first (or very close to the first) interview date....

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 4 interviewers.. and two P4 students in my room. They asked me how I prepared myself for pharmacy school, why TSU and a lot of questions about my job as a tech. They asked me how I would confront my pharmacist if they were not doing their job correctly. It seems odd that people were asked spelling questions and Miranda rights...I don't really see the point...it just seems odd to me....:confused:
haha Miranda rights! jeez. I feel that questions like that are supposed to make us freak out under pressure.

HeartandSoul, ouch looks like you had a rough interview compared to mine. Mine was really chill with only 2 other people in the room, one of which I knew fairly well. I only had a few questions on Health Care Reform, Diversity in the workplace, andddd.... uh what else... oh 'why do you think you are prepared for pharm school.'

After I recited the miranda rights he made a joke about it saying that the empty chair next to me was for an attorney to help me answer questions if I were unable to do it for myself...I laughed and he laughed and then I said I could do well on my own....

I got the same THING. without the miranda rights

my interview was Feb 18th

I got my acceptance letter today! Good luck Angel and HeartandSoul!

OMG! I need to get home right now to check the mail.......I don't get out of class until 9 tonight....:scared:

Please will you guys share your sats cus i plan on applying this coming cycle.......

My fiance just texted me that I was ACCEPTED!!! I can't wait to meet everyone! :D:D:D:D I was so stressed for the last few years....I can't believe it. Its like a huge weight has been lifted off of me!!

congrats HeartandSoul, see you in Austin!

Stats:

3.4 gpa
PCAT composite: 71
2 years pharm tech at Walgreens
Hospital vol. work at Texas Childrens..

Members don't see this ad :)
Please will you guys share your sats cus i plan on applying this coming cycle.......

GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 58
Pharmacy Tech since 2003...have been working in hospital pharmacy for 6 yrs.
Volunteer work at a school for underprivileged children.
1st yr. applied to pharmacy school

yeah I know that! haha, i was referring to the conference they're making us attend in Austin, but then i realized that's in the middle of July and we will have already met in the Summer Academy. =P

I received my letter today also! yipppiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :laugh: Congrats to all of us! See you guys in Austin and summer camp!

Congrats to all who have received acceptance letters. I was just wondering if you guys live in Houston area. Thanks

I got in!!!! I'm from the Houston area and I interviewed on Feb 18.

Anyone going to the Convention in Austin? On the letter is said $50, but on the registration form it said $105. Which one is it? Since we have 8 days to deposit our money so I guess the due date is on April 23?

I can't wait to see everyone in July! :)

Last edited:
for people who got their acceptance letters, when did you have your interview?

for people who got their acceptance letters, when did you have your interview?

I had my interview late march...I called TSU earlier to find out about acceptance letters and they said they have not sent out rejections yet. They sent the first acceptance letters batch on friday and there was no word on when the second batch will be sent out. So if you receive a letter from them soon...it will be an acceptance letter :)

Anyone going to the Convention in Austin? On the letter is said $50, but on the registration form it said $105. Which one is it? Since we have 8 days to deposit our money so I guess the due date is on April 23?

I see that also. Weird... But I am turning in the $200 deposit tomorrow in person so I'll ask and check. It said $105 before May 31st, so I'm thinking we still have time to clarify and ask more about it.

I was invited for the interview in late March but I re-scheduled it on April 6th. I got my acceptance letter today but I think I gonna turn down the offer since I got accepted somewhere else. So there will be one more seat for those who are waiting.

please post your sats please...... you have a BS or not .... Thanks i am trying to get myself ready for this coming cycle

I was invited for the interview in late March but I re-scheduled it on April 6th. I got my acceptance letter today but I think I gonna turn down the offer since I got accepted somewhere else. So there will be one more seat for those who are waiting.

I also interviewed on April 6th. Do you live in Houston? I am just checking so I will guess mine is in the mail lol Congrats though. I am happy for you.

I see that also. Weird... But I am turning in the $200 deposit tomorrow in person so I'll ask and check. It said $105 before May 31st, so I'm thinking we still have time to clarify and ask more about it.

I also interviewed on April 6th. Do you live in Houston? I am just checking so I will guess mine is in the mail lol Congrats though. I am happy for you.

Thanks. Yes, I live in Houston.

Yeah, I've lived in the outskirts of Houston my whole life :)

I interviewed April 6th and was wondering, but I realised those who got the letters yesterday live in the houston area. I don't live in Houston so I am thinking mine is in the mail. I am hoping for the best. :xf:

please post your sats please...... you have a BS or not .... Thanks i am trying to get myself ready for this coming cycle

I have a B.S. in Biology, minor in Chemistry.
GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 65
Experience: 1 year in retail, 2 years in hospital.
I volunteer at Texas Childrens Hospital and an active member in the PPA Club.

I turned in my deposit today and asked them about the convention, she states only the $50 money order is due, not the $105. But she told me deadline is April 30. But later I realized I think she meant May 30 like it states on the form.

I had my interview late march...I called TSU earlier to find out about acceptance letters and they said they have not sent out rejections yet. They sent the first acceptance letters batch on friday and there was no word on when the second batch will be sent out. So if you receive a letter from them soon...it will be an acceptance letter :)

I got my acceptance letter today and I am so thankful to God. See you in July.:love::love::love:

I have an Associates in Science....No Bachelors
GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 58
Pharmacy Tech since 2003...have been working in hospital pharmacy for 6 yrs.
Volunteer work at a school for underprivileged children.
1st yr. applied to pharmacy school

I turned in my deposit today and asked them about the convention, she states only the $50 money order is due, not the $105. But she told me deadline is April 30. But later I realized I think she meant May 30 like it states on the form.

Thanks for the info. I will be turning in my deposit in the morning...

I got my acceptance letter today and I am so thankful to God. See you in July.:love::love::love:

Congratulations...See you soon!!! And yes GOD IS GOOD!!!!!

please post your stats please...... you have a BS or not .... Thanks i am trying to get myself ready for this coming cycle

I got my acceptance last night. Still deciding but will most likely decline.

PCAT: 86

GPA: 3.4

No degree Junior

two years tech experience (hospital + retail)

Thanks for the info! Who did you turn in your deposit to? Ms Davis is on family leave and I want to make sure I give it to the right person. I'm going to ask them for a receipt just in case they misplace my money.

Would anyone like to create a facebook group for our class?

I'm turning in my deposit tomorrow (PAY DAY!) I think facebook is a good idea.

Thanks for the info! Who did you turn in your deposit to? Ms Davis is on family leave and I want to make sure I give it to the right person. I'm going to ask them for a receipt just in case they misplace my money.

Would anyone like to create a facebook group for our class?

They will provide you with copies of everything and a receipt when you turn it in at the front desk. So no worries even if Mrs. Davis isn't there :) I haven't turned in the $50 for the convention yet but I will before April 30th like she said just in case.

They will provide you with copies of everything and a receipt when you turn it in at the front desk. So no worries even if Mrs. Davis isn't there :) I haven't turned in the $50 for the convention yet but I will before April 30th like she said just in case.

I turned in my deposit today...I gave it to Ms. Wattley and she gave me a receipt for it. Also, to clear up any confusion, $50 for the Austin convention is due APRIL 30th along with the completed form that was provided with the acceptance letter.

I turned in my deposit today...I gave it to Ms. Wattley and she gave me a receipt for it. Also, to clear up any confusion, $50 for the Austin convention is due APRIL 30th along with the completed form that was provided with the acceptance letter.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

I also turned my deposit in today. One less thing to worry about! :) Hopefully Ms. Davis returns soon so I can straighten out some of my prereq classes with her. I've taken the 3 credit hrs medical terminology class so hopefully I don't have to take the 3 one hour pre-pharmacy electives.

I think you will know by now if you are not accepted...like me

I think you will know by now if you are not accepted...like me

Not true! The letters that have been sent out is barely the first batch...no rejections have gone out. They will be sending out another batch, I just don't know when. Keep hope alive :) Besides the deadline for the first batch's deposit is tomorrow so those who do not turn it in will open another spot for someone else. Just because you didn't receive a letter this week does not mean it's over for you.

LOL, it's ok I put myself as a student because I just accepted a seat at another school. I was told by Ms. Davis the reasons I should apply next year but that's true I haven't gotten my TSU rejection letter yet. But it's definitely on the way, I just thought maybe they were doing that for all rejected candidates...so I guess you all can disregard my previous post... Good luck to everyone!!! And just don't give up if one school doesnt accept you for whatever reason...Another may!!!

thisisme, how did you know you were rejected already? Did you go to ms.davis and talk to her?

thisisme, how did you know you were rejected already? Did you go to ms.davis and talk to her?

yes, she sent me an email before Spring Break to see her about my application... It was due to prereq discrepancies...and I wouldn't be able to finish what's required by Summer I

I interviewed April 6th and was wondering, but I realised those who got the letters yesterday live in the houston area. I don't live in Houston so I am thinking mine is in the mail. I am hoping for the best. :xf:
Hi, la lakers. Have you received the acceptance letter? My interview was at the same day as yours. I'm still waiting for it. I wonder if they send the acceptance letters out all at once or for many times?

Hi, la lakers. Have you received the acceptance letter? My interview was at the same day as yours. I'm still waiting for it. I wonder if they send the acceptance letters out all at once or for many times?

Tea, yes I received an acceptance letter on Wednesday of last week. I believed they sent all at one time, but I hear this is the first batch so they will send some again. Hope for the best, you will be in my prayers. Good luck.

Tea, yes I received an acceptance letter on Wednesday of last week. I believed they sent all at one time, but I hear this is the first batch so they will send some again. Hope for the best, you will be in my prayers. Good luck.

hmmm, if there is a 2nd batch, I wonder when that will be sent out?