Tufts c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is tufts having in person tours this year?
Hi! I was accepted from the early round and I called the admissions office to ask about this. They said it would be sometime in March and the timing would be determined closer to (or maybe after? Can’t remember exactly) when they admit the rest of the class. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I was accepted from the early round and I called the admissions office to ask about this. They said it would be sometime in March and the timing would be determined closer to (or maybe after? Can’t remember exactly) when they admit the rest of the class. Hope this helps!

Last night in the Q&A session the admissions director said the admitted students day would likely be March 18!

Reactions: 2 users
Received update email this morning with a rejection since I never got off the interview-waitlist so it seems they're done conducting all their interviews. It's okay I expected it haha. Congratulations and best of luck to everyone who interviewed and got accepted!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received update email this morning with a rejection since I never got off the interview-waitlist so it seems they're done conducting all their interviews. But congratulations and best of luck to everyone who interviewed and got accepted!!
I just got that same email :(

• Care
Just finished my interview! I think it went really well 🤞
I asked when we would hear back and they said "of course that's the one answer we don't have for you" lol did anyone else get a different answer? They said they hope by the end of the month.

Anyone know how we will receive the update? Like will they tell us we’re accepted or rejected in an email? Or a link to our status page? And then on the status page, would the acceptance or rejection be just a new section like how our interview invite was, or would it be a link to a status update like other schools do?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how we will receive the update? Like will they tell us we’re accepted or rejected in an email? Or a link to our status page? And then on the status page, would the acceptance or rejection be just a new section like how our interview invite was, or would it be a link to a status update like other schools do?
I got an email saying this:
"Greetings from the Office of Admissions,

The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for some of the applicants to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.

You can now access the admission decision for your application to the DVM program:"

And then when I clicked on the link it took me to my application portal, where there was a link to the status update. Once I clicked that my acceptance was there! Good luck everyone, wishing you all the best :)

Reactions: 5 users
I got an email saying this:
"Greetings from the Office of Admissions,

The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for some of the applicants to the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program at Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University.

You can now access the admission decision for your application to the DVM program:"

And then when I clicked on the link it took me to my application portal, where there was a link to the status update. Once I clicked that my acceptance was there! Good luck everyone, wishing you all the best :)
That's awesome congrats! When did you interview?

Is tufts having in person tours this year?
Yes, in March there is both a virtual admitted students day and an in-person one. Administration emailed students this last week looking for volunteer tour guides

Mar 6 and 18
They will most likely let us know at least by February 20th then, right? So that if admitted, we could have 2 weeks to organize travel plans for the March 6 admitted students day? Does anyone know when the admitted students days were last year?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say if one date is virtual and one date in person or will both dates have both options?

Thank you for the information!!
Mar 6 would be virtual. They will most likely notify prospective students by email in the next week few weeks with details.

Do we know when we should be expecting to hear back about decisions?

Do we know when we should be expecting to hear back about decisions?
I’m hoping sooner rather than later but I have feeling we still have a week+ to wait. Anyone brave enough to email Ford for more specificity? Lol

I called Admissions and they said the next decisions will come in late March??? I honestly think she didn't understand my question, that makes no sense.

• Hmm
I called Admissions and they said the next decisions will come in late March??? I honestly think she didn't understand my question, that makes no sense.
I emailed with them and they said by the end of Feb, hopefully earlier.

Anyone know if Tufts gives you your financial aid package with your decision (if you get accepted)? Or do they not tell you until you accept your seat?

Do we expect news this week? Anyone have any idea on what day of the week? Every other school I have had a suspected date, with Tufts I know nothing lol

Do we expect news this week? Anyone have any idea on what day of the week? Every other school I have had a suspected date, with Tufts I know nothing lol
I asked a friend who got accepted in 2019 and she said President's day

I emailed and they said by the end month but hopefully sooner

Sorry if this was already asked, but will they call us or email? Both?

Kinda feeling like it’ll be tomorrow???

Reactions: 7 users
OOS acceptance! I will be declining my spot since I've gotten into my IS.

Congrats to everyone! Did you get an email as well when your portal updated?

OOS acceptance!! No email, checked my portal
edit: jk just got an email that my portal was updated :)

Reactions: 4 users
OOS acceptance!!! I really really like Tufts, but it would be really difficult to justify the cost. :')

OOS acceptance!!! I really really like Tufts, but it would be really difficult to justify the cost. :')
Congrats! And same - would be more than double the cost of my IS 😖

The acceptance video at the end of the letter is so cute ❤️ I also wish I could justify the cost - Tufts seems like an awesome place!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! My dream school. This will be such a hard decision

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
My portal hasn’t been updated so I’m gonna assume either waitlisted or rejected : (

OOS Acceptance - wishing everyone the best news and to stay optimistic and to keep going no matter what. We are all in this path together for the long haul!! ❤️❤️

• Love
OOS Acceptance! I’ll be declining my seat since I was accepted to my IS (Cornell), so hopefully someone will be bumped off of the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users