Tufts C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_rae_

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a Tufts thread yet! Second time applying, first time applying IS. Just applied for my fee waiver and feeling a fire under my butt! How's everyone else doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all! Current third-year student at Tufts, happy to answer any questions about the school/curriculum etc. Good luck with your applications!!

Hey all! Current third-year student at Tufts, happy to answer any questions about the school/curriculum etc. Good luck with your applications!!
What is your favorite aspect of the school that you think is unique to Tufts?

Thanks for your insight! Tufts seems like such a wonderful vet school

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your favorite aspect of the school that you think is unique to Tufts?

Thanks for your insight! Tufts seems like such a wonderful vet school
honestly it's hard to say - though we do finish third year in February and start clinics in March, so we do get to clinics a little sooner than I think most schools. I do also think proximity to Boston and the rest of New England, and the opportunities that opens up if you're willing to commute a bit and explore during the school year. some people prefer to hunker down but I really use my weekends to get out there as much as possie.

and it's nice that we have large animals on campus and don't need to drive out for those labs. also I'm all about wildlife and the clinic is here is lovely - I volunteered there for a while, but I switched to a different wildlife center because I had to skip class to make that work. but there are opportunities if you are flexible and seek them out.

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thanks in advance.

Is a car required to get from one location to the other? Is there a bus system or do most students just walk? Thanks in advance.
The campus is pretty small, and fairly rural; most of us drive to campus or carpool, and once we are on campus most of us walk from building to building or move our cars as needed. All of the lecture classes are pretty much contained in one building per class, and then there's the anatomy lab for dissection stuff.

There's no bus system at the vet school campus, though at one point they were considering a local shuttle. If you mean like, the vet school town - the only public transport that I'm aware of that has a stop near the campus is the commuter rail; I know of a handful of students that take it in from Boston/elsewhere.

The campus is pretty small, and fairly rural; most of us drive to campus or carpool, and once we are on campus most of us walk from building to building or move our cars as needed. All of the lecture classes are pretty much contained in one building per class, and then there's the anatomy lab for dissection stuff.

There's no bus system at the vet school campus, though at one point they were considering a local shuttle. If you mean like, the vet school town - the only public transport that I'm aware of that has a stop near the campus is the commuter rail; I know of a handful of students that take it in from Boston/elsewhere.
Thanks!

First time OOS applicant (although I completed their MCM program this past year and loved it!)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my email to pay the fee!!

anyone else get nervous af seeing the email from yesterday just to read how anticlimactic it was lol???

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else get nervous af seeing the email from yesterday just to read how anticlimactic it was lol???
Yes!!! I hate when the vet schools send emails just to say "hi" and give me a heart attack lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes!! They could have made the subject literally ANYTHING else other than “Admissions Update”😭😭😭

Does anyone know which Vet schools require Fall transcripts before decisions? I understand IOWA state is one school that requests transcripts be sent in January

Yes!! They could have made the subject literally ANYTHING else other than “Admissions Update”😭😭😭
I keep telling everyone that no news is good news, so getting that email absolutely gave me the biggest heart attack. Especially as Tufts is one of my top choices.

Reactions: 1 users
Any updates or ideas on when we may hear? I know no news is good news but boy oh boy and I stressed

Any updates or ideas on when we may hear? I know no news is good news but boy oh boy and I stressed
Things have been changing a lot recently, but historically, a small number of people hear back in December. But more often, Jan/Feb. Like I received my interview invite in January via e-mail, followed by a Zoom interview in early Feb and acceptance in late February. I'm not sure if/how that's changed in recent years - like if they're back to doing on-campus interviews or if they stuck with the Zoom model.

I know it's a stressful time but hang in there! You'll know soon.

Things have been changing a lot recently, but historically, a small number of people hear back in December. But more often, Jan/Feb. Like I received my interview invite in January via e-mail, followed by a Zoom interview in early Feb and acceptance in late February. I'm not sure if/how that's changed in recent years - like if they're back to doing on-campus interviews or if they stuck with the Zoom model.

I know it's a stressful time but hang in there! You'll know soon.
Thank you ! That helps a lot, congrats !🎉

Did anyone receive an email about financial aid/any updates after the first email? The update email they sent us in October stated we'd be receiving an email from the financial aid office soon, but I haven't gotten anything. It looks like c/o 2027 got their financial aid email at the end of October and another update email mid November last year. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything important!

Did anyone receive an email about financial aid/any updates after the first email? The update email they sent us in October stated we'd be receiving an email from the financial aid office soon, but I haven't gotten anything. It looks like c/o 2027 got their financial aid email at the end of October and another update email mid November last year. Just want to make sure I didn't miss anything important!
I emailed them and asked and was told nothing until after the new year.

Hey, fourth year student here! Let me know if you have any questions.

Has anyone received an email from Tufts asking what your grades are looking like this semester?

Has anyone received an email from Tufts asking what your grades are looking like this semester?
I haven’t but I did reach out and they said they typically don’t request fall transcripts until after interviews if free from the institution to send it couldn’t hurt but to just hang tight until requested

Their interview invites usually go out in waves, right? So if in January a bunch of people get invites but some don’t, it’s not over yet?

Their interview invites usually go out in waves, right? So if in January a bunch of people get invites but some don’t, it’s not over yet?
I believe in past years there have been a very small number of invites sent out in December, then one large mass invite in January... I don't think anymore waves after that

Do you know the date in January?
I was stalking the 2027 thread and it looks like people got decisions Jan 10th but those were likely Dec interviews. Then interview invites a couple days later. More decisions on the Jan 17th and then Feb 24th. Not sure if there were any in between

Are all interviews conducted online? Even if you are from MA/living nearby enough to travel? I want to say someone I know was invited to campus for an interview last year but it was secondhand info so idk