Tufts envelope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many stamps does a 10x13 envelope need? Does it go in the regular mailbox? Sorry for the stupid questions but I never mailed an envelope like this.

Members don't see this ad.

I just brought mine all to the post office, they weight it and stamp it and take it away laughing at how much money you are wasting....oh and of course asking if you want confirmation, etc.

i do that b/c i also don't know how many stamps it would take since the weight varies for each one

It can go in a regular mailbox, but the postage depends on weight. I'd figure that for a 10x13 envelope with up to 4 or 5 sheets of paper, you'd be fine with 2 first stamps. Anything more than that, and you might want to consider 3 stamps. I worried about postage too when I sent my applications, so I always took them down the post office and had them weigh the envelopes and put a exact postage printed stamp on the envelope. Even for the small envelopes that only had 1 sheet in them where 1 stamp was more than enough, I always put 2 on those, not because I was worried about postage, but I wanted a redundant stamp on there in case one fell off :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Rogue_Leader said:
Even for the small envelopes that only had 1 sheet in them where 1 stamp was more than enough, I always put 2 on those, not because I was worried about postage, but I wanted a redundant stamp on there in case one fell off :)

paranoia strikes deep.

I also noticed that instructions say "please affix 3x5 or wallet-sized photograph." Does wallet size equal 3x5. I was under impression that 2x2 (passport size) is okay? Help!

I think I ended up sending a 3x5 picture to Tufts. Almost all schools ask for a 2x2. I think Georgetown wanted a 1x1 or 1.5x1.5 something, I dunno.

Overeducated said:
I think I ended up sending a 3x5 picture to Tufts. Almost all schools ask for a 2x2. I think Georgetown wanted a 1x1 or 1.5x1.5 something, I dunno.

I, on the other hand, was completely NOT accomadating. I had photos printed of a certain size. Doesn't fit in the box? Tough. Off goes the apps. I'm not gonna be cutting any corners...

-UBCRedFox - did you notice the pun?

Apparition said:
How many stamps does a 10x13 envelope need? Does it go in the regular mailbox? Sorry for the stupid questions but I never mailed an envelope like this.

When I mailed mine out, it cost $1.20. You might need a few, but I would recommend going to a Post Office. That way, you can't lose!