Tulane Pathology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toby67a9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for this post but seems like the best bet. Anyone here know if Tulane is still interviewing for their PGY2-3 path spots? Are these still open.

Ok to move this to correct forum but not sure how many path people actually go there, figured might run across a few path attendings or residents here.

Members don't see this ad.

call me crazy but even with past events, that would be an absolutely fun place to train. Good luck to you. I always dreamed of doing a stint in the Big Easy and never got the chance.

Try..calling them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my application and emailed PD assistant, posting asked "no phone calls please" so I try to be courteous and understanding of their busy time, this is where I am too cautious and sometimes get angry at the schools. If I call with the assistant get p***offed or do I call the PD? Sometimes following the rules is plain idiotic but again, I try to be very respectful of their postings but I wish some of them would communicate even if just to say, "sorry we have better candidates, thanks"

Maybe will try that next week.

Ahh.. fair enough. That does change things. I can understand requesting no phone calls when one is talking about masses of students vying for 1st year spots, but (and I don't know their current situation) it makes less sense to me when you're talking about what I would expect to be very low volume PGY2-3 transfer applications. If they offered no timeframe for review or hearing back, you're kinda screwed if you do and possibly screwed if you don't. There comes a point when you just need to know in order to move on with life, other options, etc., and if a more than reasonable timeframe has passed and they give you a hard time for calling, heck, give it back.