U.Penn 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my application on 1at June, I received interview invitation email yesterday, It is amazing, anyone else got interview call? Please let me know.
That is really amazing. Congratulations and good luck for your interview :)

Members don't see this ad.

Wow congratulations, can you please share your stats.

Hello guys, I got an invitation too.
You will laughed if I tell you that my toefl score is lower than yours. I have many many many years of experience overseas and in the US. Don't ask me my age. Lol.
I think we all share a common denominator, our passion for dentistry; however, we have to find our unique feature that will make stand out from the rest. Good luck to all of us!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations and all the best for your iv

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations and all the best for your iv
You will laughed if I tell you that my toefl score is lower than yours. I have many many many years of experience overseas and in the US. Don't ask me my age. Lol.
I think we all share a common denominator, our passion for dentistry; however, we have to find our unique feature that will make stand out from the rest. Good luck to all of us!!!

Congratulations :)

Guys, not having part 2 is a drawback for UPenn? I graduated my MPH from JohnsHopkins in 2012 and been working since then. Shadowed few dentists but have not given any letter of evaluations from them. GPA 3.56. Will I have chance?

I submitted my application on 1at June, I received interview invitation email yesterday, It is amazing, anyone else got interview call? Please let me know.

When is your interview date?? They said in website the interview will be in June and August so I am wondering how many interview days available, and why no interview on July. Thanks

Congratulations, that was so fast. When did you get your completion email? The speed you got iv was even faster than some others' completion emails.
You must be super outstanding.
How about your other stats? something like GPA, NBDE, US experiences?
I have 3.32 GPA, almost 3 years of experience in US and cleared Australian dental council part exams ,etc.etc. I did get completion email on 1st, it's really fast

Wow, that's amazing, when r u planning to take an interview? I am planning by the end of this month.

Congratulations dev16!!
UPenn has been my dream school,, but I guess they are looking for profiles that are a lot more competitive than mine
Good luck for your interview, go get it!!

Congratulations to all who got interview calls from Upenn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of you who got the interview. Cachita08, do you mind sharing your stats please? Thanks

Sine the person who applied on June 1st has already got the interview, may be there is no hope left for whom who submitted the application before June 1st.

Did anybody called them up and find out what's status of their interview invitation. I am afraid to call any program because when I called UMN they sent me rejection email next day!

Hello all, I emailed UPENN admissions two weeks ago and was told that my application is under review. I applied mid April. I was also told to be patient since they are reviewing large number of applications. Technically speaking, their website states interviews to be conducted from June through Spetemeber so I think it is kind of early to say it's too late.
I agree with mengboo though, the person who got completion and interview emails within a week is just amazing but unheard of. Let's keep our hopes up and continue to share any new information with the group.

Reactions: 2 users
Got interview invitation today. (I got completed application email on June 6th)

The email said they are sending interview packet to my address. My question is should I wait for the interview packet before schedule the interview? Are there any important information I should know in the packet before scheduling it. Thank you.

The email said they are sending interview packet to my address. My question is should I wait for the interview packet before schedule the interview? Are there any important information I should know in the packet before scheduling it. Thank you.
Congratulations nuk, can you please share your stats.

I guess they started sending invitations in may last week and people are still reporting invitations so let's be hopefully.

The main concern is they send interview on a rolling basis. The persons who get interview in this thread are those who finished their submission recently. Does anybody know what they are looking for on re-applicants?

can u share ur stats please

I am a little exhausted and crazy for waiting for the news of UPENN. I hate this feeling

I am kind of curious to know what type of stats Upenn prefers

Congrats in your iv! When will be the interview?

I emailed Sharon with UPENN admissions today asking about my application. She replied saying I will receive a decision regarding my application soon. I guess it implies rejection. Can't tell you guys how disappointed I am now!!!!

I emailed Sharon with UPENN admissions today asking about my application. She replied saying I will receive a decision regarding my application soon. I guess it implies rejection. Can't tell you guys how disappointed I am now!!!![/QUOTE

Last edited:
I emailed Sharon with UPENN admissions today asking about my application. She replied saying I will receive a decision regarding my application soon. I guess it implies rejection. Can't tell you guys how disappointed I am now!!!!
More disappointed than you. Last year I even got an interview, but this year no news until now. How disappointed.

jinju, wow that's really hard to deal with. I hope you get an interview this year as well. Stay positive!

i was told that application complete and under review.. once final decision is made i will notified either way.. were u told the same thing...
i didnt take t as rejection..m still being hopeful since she mentioned its still under review

More disappointed than you. Last year I even got an interview, but this year no news until now. How disappointed.

Hi Jinju. Can you tell me how do they take to give you answer regarding acceptance after you interview based on last year experience. I am taking interview next month. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Jinju. Can you tell me how do they take to give you answer regarding acceptance after you interview based on last year experience. I am taking interview next month. Thanks in advance for your help.

Would you mind sharing your stats please? It will help other people to understand what Upenn is looking for. Thanks.

Would you mind sharing your stats please? It will help other people to understand what Upenn is looking for. Thanks.

Sure. I have NBDE part 1&2 cleared. Toefl 99. Working as a DA since last one year and I am us citizen. Hope this helps.

hey...can u please share your stats??

Just personal questions, with 3 interviewer separately. But I am not sure what kind of students they are looking for...