UC Davis CO 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You keep telling yourself that Quantized, and remind me who's won the Axe 7 times in 8 years? ;)
My undergrad didn't even have a football team and my first grad school's team was so bad that we were last in the league :( thus I must blindly support the tree!

Members don't see this ad.

You must have gone to SD! Those "Still Undefeated" shirts always make me smile. My dad went there, and I nearly did myself . . .

HA! You are absolutely right. Therefore, I am going all the way at the Aggie football games, face paint and all... maybe.

Ooh, face paint sounds like fun! I'm totally in :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Also no football at my undergrad, but we were DII. And apparently I thought I was the other me, turns out my group is 2B1B. Its funny, I was reading the thread from last year and there were two people with the same first and last name last year too!

Badcats, I agree with the no football team! But at least we had a sweet Basketball team!!! I am down for the game, even though it seems quite expensive....can I say that?

I can not wait till September 1st! I am so excited about school that I haven't even begun to be nervous......I am sure that it will kick in soon though. :) What a dream!

Badcats, I agree with the no football team! But at least we had a sweet Basketball team!!! I am down for the game, even though it seems quite expensive....can I say that?

The home football games are free for students (and if you go to an early one and get there early enough you'll get a free Aggie Pack shirt too!) - we have to pay for tickets for this one because it's an away game. Also I didn't make it there to check on them today, but have it on my list of things to do tomorrow!

Just wondering, has anyone else also not heard from their big sib yet? :(

Just wondering, has anyone else also not heard from their big sib yet? :(

Still nothing here either. I emailed one of the student contacts on the big sib form and she assured me that I had one but said if there was still no word by orientation, I should email her back.

Is anyone else impatient about the materials needed list? And 2013ers, is it mostly books or does it include other things?

So exciting guys, just a little over two weeks!!!

Still nothing here either. I emailed one of the student contacts on the big sib form and she assured me that I had one but said if there was still no word by orientation, I should email her back.

Is anyone else impatient about the materials needed list? And 2013ers, is it mostly books or does it include other things?

So exciting guys, just a little over two weeks!!!

Speaking of Bigsibs and materials.....I asked my bigsib what we need to get before hand. She said the following:

"The only things I needed were blue scrubs (bookstore), a littman stethoscope or equivalent (dont spend more than $75, check out amazon and read reviews), and a few lab coats (bookstore). You'll also need a dissection kit and box of gloves from the bookstore for anatomy."

The only thing that I don't know is what color of blue do we need??

I am so excited!!!! :D

The scrubs at the bookstore are blue or green -- blue are for students, green are for staff. So as long as you get the blue from the bookstore, you can't go wrong.

That advice is pretty spot-on. Once you know your lab group, I would say make a trip up to Costco and get a 2-pack of Nitrile gloves. You all can split the cost and it's bound to last you the entire year so long as you're not too wasteful. Make sure you get a size that everyone can use (or you might have to get two different size boxes if someone is a completely different size).

Definitely get a lab coat dedicated for anatomy lab, and one that you can just leave in your locker at school for whatever other activities you need one for.

Oh -- and get a lock (or two). One for your locker in Valley (which they will be sending out an email in the coming weeks letting you know to go in and claim one by affixing a lock to it) and the other will be for anatomy. You will get a GROUP locker for anatomy, so combination locks are best as three of you need to be able to access it. Only one lock per group though -- so you can be super on top of things for your lab group if you have a lock on hand for your first anatomy lab!

Other than that, be sure to bring your smiling [sunscreened] faces to Orientation! :)

It's ceil blue for student's scrubs. If you're short, I'd recommend going to Sacramento (Uniform Advantage, etc) or ordering online. You'll have labs 1-2 times a week that require these scrubs so I think it's worth it to buy 3-5 sets to last you 4 years.

I am a very weird size and have a hard time finding scrub pants that fit, but I already have tons in ceil blue. Can I just use those, or do I have to get the specific ones from the bookstore?

I am a very weird size and have a hard time finding scrub pants that fit, but I already have tons in ceil blue. Can I just use those, or do I have to get the specific ones from the bookstore?

To clarify -- as long as it is the right color and doesn't have any non-UCDSVM logo/insignia on it, you should be fine. (i.e my scrubs had the emblem from the shelter I worked at on them, so they wouldn't be usable even if they were in the right color).

Hope that helps :)

Does anyone know much about the alternate list? How great are the chances of getting picked off of that? Do people often decline acceptance to UC Davis? Are there ways to better your chances of getting picked off of the list (i.e. appealing to the admissions committee, having someone write another recommendation for me...)?

I just found out that I have put on the alternate list and I'm feeling a little like I'm on a roller coaster hanging out in limbo of the admissions process.

Any info helps!

oops, thanks. it's my first time on a forum and this one has definitely been helpful so far.