UC Davis c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turbinator9000

Reaction score
I didn’t see a thread for accepted students yet so I thought I’d make one

Members don't see this ad.

Woot woot

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We made it! 😭 Congratulations to everyone! Can’t wait to meet you guys at admitted student day if you attend!

Hell yeah y'all! 🥳
Admitted student day is still 2/10? Have any of your portals updated with more info?

Reactions: 1 user
Hell yeah y'all! 🥳
Admitted student day is still 2/10? Have any of your portals updated with more info?
My guess is yes, still 2/10. Dual degree second interview corresponds with admitted students day and they asked me about 2/9 and 2/10 yesterday.

I feel so light and free haha! I will be attending admitted students day so I hope to see some of you there!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I will be coming to admitted student day as well! So excited to see everyone!

Definitely planning on it too!! February can't come soon enough.

Quick q as I'm not in the FB group yet - when mailing transcripts to the address on the new student checklist, the transcript service pops up saying the address is invalid per USPS even though I'm basically copy/pasting it. Anyone else having this issue? :/

Is there an itinerary or more info about admitted students day? I want to visit, but I have a lab on Thursdays, and I'm already having to miss the lab a week later, Feb 16th, for another school 😭

• Care
If anybody lives around orange county or LA and would like to carpool PM me. I was thinking of driving up there alone for admitted student day since no guests are allowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick q as I'm not in the FB group yet - when mailing transcripts to the address on the new student checklist, the transcript service pops up saying the address is invalid per USPS even though I'm basically copy/pasting it. Anyone else having this issue? :/
I noticed this, but the service my school uses didn't say it was invalid, just that it could authenticate it which is weird. I sent it anyway and hope it shows up. What I find concerning is that the portal says to avoid contact about receiving transcripts until March which a month after the deadline for the Fall 2023 transcripts to be sent... maybe I'll make a post in facebook about this questions

I noticed this, but the service my school uses didn't say it was invalid, just that it could authenticate it which is weird. I sent it anyway and hope it shows up. What I find concerning is that the portal says to avoid contact about receiving transcripts until March which a month after the deadline for the Fall 2023 transcripts to be sent... maybe I'll make a post in facebook about this questions

good to know it's not just me! i'm going to send them a message and hope they reply within the next week or so. would be super helpful if you could make a post in the fb group too!

Is there an itinerary or more info about admitted students day? I want to visit, but I have a lab on Thursdays, and I'm already having to miss the lab a week later, Feb 16th, for another school 😭
on the RSVP thing it said 12pm to 5pm and then optional to join the dinner at 5pm!

If anybody lives around orange county or LA and would like to carpool PM me. I was thinking of driving up there alone for admitted student day since no guests are allowed.
I live in San Diego! That might be something I’d be interested in :)

why does the Facebook group have 170 people in there? did they increase seats?

why does the Facebook group have 170 people in there? did they increase seats?
The purpose of the FB group is partly to connect with current members of the UCD VetMed community. It is not exclusively class of 2027 students.

I am still debating if I will accept my seat. Does anyone know if the curriculum is balanced between large and small animals (I am mainly interested in cattle)? I get the sense that it is more small animal based.

I am still debating if I will accept my seat. Does anyone know if the curriculum is balanced between large and small animals (I am mainly interested in cattle)? I get the sense that it is more small animal based.
Please correct me if I’m wrong but I attended the admitted student today and got an insight of the curriculum. Year 1 and 2 we all learn the same content and starting year 3 we choose a path (large animal, small animal, wildlife, etc) then we focus on that path for the remainder of the program. I also think in year 4 we further focus on specific groups. Hope this helps.

Congrats on your acceptance! I can speak a bit for the curriculum: the first 2 years are not evenly balanced between large and small. I would estimate they skew small animal ~75% and large 25% (except for repro block which is mostly large). Starting in 3rd year, you could choose to track large animal stream where you would get livestock + horses for the fall semester (and have comparative class with the rest of your classmates where both small and large animal are discussed, it is great prep for the NAVLE which contains everything), spring of 3rd year you can choose to further track livestock, zoo, or equine (for the large animal peeps). During the 3rd year, you will get a ton of hands on labs including pig hernia repair and sheep c-section among many others (you would also still have junior surgery labs as well which include dog/cat spays and neuter). Once you enter clinics April of 3rd year, your schedule contains the rotations you want it to have, so it can either be ~100% large animal, or can have some small animal rotations thrown in.