UC Post-Bacc Consortium 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You know, I'm not sure how it works in detail, but I personally thought we were supposed to have our application COMPLETED by March 16th to be considered for UC Irvine's program. You should check up on that just in case since interviews are happening in a little over a week.
Yeah, I called them a week ago asking if they would still accept my application if my letters don't come in until after the 16th. They said just as long as it arrives before April 1st, it will be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, I called them a week ago asking if they would still accept my application if my letters don't come in until after the 16th. They said just as long as it arrives before April 1st, it will be fine.
awesome. this is great to know!
Thank you for sharing.

GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I just found this forum and am happy to know that there are others going through the same process.

Similarly, I called UCI and they confirmed they would accept applications even if transcripts/lor arrive after the March 16th deadline. I think they understand issues always arise when mailing paperwork.

Reactions: 2 users
You know, I'm not sure how it works in detail, but I personally thought we were supposed to have our application COMPLETED by March 16th to be considered for UC Irvine's program. You should check up on that just in case since interviews are happening in a little over a week.

Did the central app tell/update you when they distribute your information to other campuses after it's complete?

Hi guys! Almost done with my application. Does anyone know how to send the letters of rec through interfolio?

Did the central app tell/update you when they distribute your information to other campuses after it's complete?

Once they receive and upload all your information, your application should be complete. The letter of recs are instantaneously sent to the schools along with your application once everything is uploaded. So basically once they receive and upload everything your application status will go from pending to complete.

Hi guys! Almost done with my application. Does anyone know how to send the letters of rec through interfolio?

Just click on the "start delivery" option and it'll prompt you for information on where you would like to send them.

I haven't received an email for interview or denial yet from UCI.. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How can we tell if our application if "verified". It just says application complete under the status. Thank you!

How can we tell if our application if "verified". It just says application complete under the status. Thank you!
If it says complete, then it has been verified. Once your application is complete, the schools will begin to review your application. so Good luck!
My application status still says pending. I am hoping they will upload my supporting documents soon so it can be complete.

Reactions: 1 users
If it says complete, then it has been verified. Once your application is complete, the schools will begin to review your application. so Good luck!
My application status still says pending. I am hoping they will upload my supporting documents soon so it can be complete.

Likewise. I submitted my application and all of my supporting documents by March 15th and only have of my documents have been filed! I'm getting anxious.

Likewise. I submitted my application and all of my supporting documents by March 15th and only have of my documents have been filed! I'm getting anxious.

I would suggest calling them or emailing them! I did right before the irvine deadline because I thought I had to get everything in by the 16th (now I know that we didn't...haha). Anyway, it doesn't hurt to call or email to see if there's even a possibility of them completing it sooner.

Date applied: 3/16/2015
Date verified/received: 3/24/2015
Application sent to: UCD, UCSF, UCI, UCR
Interview offer/date: TBD
Acceptance: TBD
Complete today! So excited. Now please give me some love!

Date applied: 3/16/2015
Date verified/received: 3/24/2015
Application sent to: UCD, UCSF, UCI, UCR
Interview offer/date: TBD
Acceptance: TBD
Complete today! So excited. Now please give me some love!

I submitted my application on the 16th as well, but they haven't received anything yet...

I submitted mine on March 8th and one of my letters of rec isn't there yet. And i want to be considered for UC Irvine. This sucks so much :(

I submitted mine on March 8th and one of my letters of rec isn't there yet. And i want to be considered for UC Irvine. This sucks so much :(
I think you are still good for UCI. If I remember correctly, someone from last year thread completed his application on early April and still got an interview invite from UCI. So dont lose hope yet. I am just hoping UCI will love my application enough to grant me an interview because I really want to go there. Gl to all of us.

Reactions: 1 user

If you check out Goriku's post above you can see that as long as you get it completed by April 1st, you'll be okay! And as I posted awhile ago, UCI does have interviews going into April!

Anyone plan on taking the MCAT before starting the program?
Also, what do you guys think about UCI having their MCAT component during the spring quarter. I feel like if we don't do well that spring, it doesn't give us much time to retake and apply that year...

I think you are still good for UCI. If I remember correctly, someone from last year thread completed his application on early April and still got an interview invite from UCI. So dont lose hope yet. I am just hoping UCI will love my application enough to grant me an interview because I really want to go there. Gl to all of us.
Thank you! that does make me feel better. and yes, good luck to all of us :)

If you check out Goriku's post above you can see that as long as you get it completed by April 1st, you'll be okay! And as I posted awhile ago, UCI does have interviews going into April!
that's true. thank you! :)

Also, what do you guys think about UCI having their MCAT component during the spring quarter. I feel like if we don't do well that spring, it doesn't give us much time to retake and apply that year...

I'm not exactly sure, but I think they do that so they make sure everyone has all of the pre-requisites for Med school done and over with before the students take the MCAT class. It also gives people a chance to see if they are even able to do well in their program (and get into med school) and to make sure they want to take the MCAT before they waste their time and money investing in taking the MCAT.

I want to do a post bac to help me prepare for the exam...so I like the programs that have the MCAT component towards the end of the year because I will be able to strengthen my science foundation, studying skills, and testing skills throughout the school year.

the program is intended to help you prepare for the tests and for the academic rigors associated with medical schools.

do you feel prepared to take the MCAT now? are you scoring within the range you want in your practice tests?

I want to do a post bac to help me prepare for the exam...so I like the programs that have the MCAT component towards the end of the year because I will be able to strengthen my science foundation, studying skills, and testing skills throughout the school year.

the program is intended to help you prepare for the tests and for the academic rigors associated with medical schools.

do you feel prepared to take the MCAT now? are you scoring within the range you want in your practice tests?

Well I took the MCAT back in January and haven't really been studying for the new exam. I don't think I'm ready to take the exam at the moment. I have a friend who did the UCSD postbacc and she was telling me that she really recommends taking the MCAT prior to the postbacc. She said that she had trouble balancing taking regular classes, along with mcat classes/mcat studying.. I don't know how the Consortium postbaccs are. I'm curious whether the MCAT component is solely dedicated to MCAT studying which would be good, because I don't think I can be taking a full or even half load of classes on top of studying for the MCAT. Sorry for the long post. ^_^;

Well I took the MCAT back in January and haven't really been studying for the new exam. I don't think I'm ready to take the exam at the moment. I have a friend who did the UCSD postbacc and she was telling me that she really recommends taking the MCAT prior to the postbacc. She said that she had trouble balancing taking regular classes, along with mcat classes/mcat studying.. I don't know how the Consortium postbaccs are. I'm curious whether the MCAT component is solely dedicated to MCAT studying which would be good, because I don't think I can be taking a full or even half load of classes on top of studying for the MCAT. Sorry for the long post. ^_^;

It is good to remember that everyone has different ways of managing their studying schedules. you may have a different experience than your friend. also, post-bac's tend to be supportive environments. so you may not be the only who anticipates feeling that way. studying with other post-bac students can also help. :)

it also depends on the program's curriculum too.
UC Davis - take the MCAT in September. http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/diversity/postbac.html

UC
Riverside - Take the MCAT late Summer. http://postbac.ucr.edu/summer.html

UC Irvine- "The MCAT exam date and subsequent application to medical school will be determined based on a student’s progress." http://www.meded.uci.edu/Admissions/postbac.asp

and so forth. you can check which UC's you applied to and check when they have their MCAT taken.

I was told and I can tell you from experience, to not take the MCAT until you feel prepared/comfortable.
depending on the program you do, you can asses when it is the right time for you.

I've been checking whether my application has been updated and verified waaaaaayyyyyy tooo excessively.....

This is going to be such a long wait LOL

I just find out about this thread and I like it. Thanks everyone for sharing the info.

Does anyone know what the difference between "priority" and "final" deadline for the UCI is?... because I read (from previous application cycle threads) that "priority" is for first time applicants and "final" is for re-applicants. Is this right?

Last edited:
I just find out about this thread and I like it. Thanks everyone for sharing the info.

Does anyone know what the difference between "priority" and "final" deadline for the UCI is?... because I read (from previous application cycle threads) that "priority" is for first time applicants and "final" is for re-applicants. Is this right?

I hope that isn't the case because I applied before the final deadline and I'm a first time applicant.

I hope that isn't the case because I applied before the final deadline and I'm a first time applicant.

From their website it seems like they only have one priority deadline for all applicants (March 1) and one final deadline for all applicants (March 16). I'd say if you're concerned you should call them.

My application is still pending....it's been 2 weeks since I submitted o.o

My application is still pending....it's been 2 weeks since I submitted o.o

Did you send all your supporting materials before your application? Like what it says on their application page, it takes approx. 10 days for them to receive/upload it. It may take longer if you sent your materials after your app and even longer since the large amount of materials they receive towards the deadline. It still doesn't hurt to contact them to see what's up with your status (although I have via email and have not been very successful, but I was verified in 10 days).

Sent mine in a while back (months) but it is taking a really long time for my transcripts to get there...

I called this morning and they said they've processed all materials that arrived on and before March 16th. So if you have any documents that arrived after that date, you still have to wait for it to be processed.

Ahhhh, I'm nervous because one of my letter writers said she sent it on the 9th so it should've arrived by the 16th. There's a scary chance it got lost in the mail :(

I called this morning and they said they've processed all materials that arrived on and before March 16th. So if you have any documents that arrived after that date, you still have to wait for it to be processed.

Ahhhh, I'm nervous because one of my letter writers said she sent it on the 9th so it should've arrived by the 16th. There's a scary chance it got lost in the mail :(

similar thing happened to me. all my other materials are there except for one of my letters. I am very worried :(

program said they would process the materials even if they arrive after the April 1st deadline, but that it would be up to the individual UC post bac programs to consider the application.

I sent my transcript of the 12th and submitted my application on the 16th. All my letters were sent a few days after the 16th. As of now, they haven't processed any of my documents. I'm going to assume they have a lot of applications to process and are just busy. I'll give it another week before I try calling.

@lostsoul91 Did you interview yet at UCI?

I sent my transcript of the 12th and submitted my application on the 16th. All my letters were sent a few days after the 16th. As of now, they haven't processed any of my documents. I'm going to assume they have a lot of applications to process and are just busy. I'll give it another week before I try calling.

that kinda makes sense, they might have already received it but have not gotten to your things yet. I just checked my transcript receipts since I know how frustrating it is to have the pending status for so long. I sent all of my materials 2-2.5 weeks before submitting my app. Half of my materials were uploaded 6 days after I submitted my app and the others were uploaded ~half a week later, for a total of ~4 weeks. Hang in there!

Hey guys, looking for some advice. I was specifically interested in just applying to the UCLA RAP program but idk if I'm a good fit/if it's worth applying. I come from a disadvantaged background, went to a a top UC, graduated with a 3.8+ GPA, 27 & 29 MCAT scores. I applied to med school last year, 3 waitlists leading to 0 acceptances. This year I'm sitting on 4 waitlists. I actually already submitted by application for the consortium but I'm reluctant on sending the letters of recs because the undergrad I went to had their own letter of rec service and are now charging me close to $100 to re-actiavte my account. Do you guys think I would benefit from the RAP program/be a good candidate and if it's worth me dishing out that $100?

Last edited:

I actually had the interview today and I think it went well! Thanks for asking :) it was pretty straight forward typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, any commitment to organizations, what clinical and research experience, etc.).

They seemed to be looking for a specific set of people who obviously fit the program and who could benefit from their program. And it seemed like they hand chose a set (not to say they've chosen a full set since I'm not clued in on that info) who would benefit given their gpa and experience. They should have at the very least six more interviews lined up and could potentially have more.

I really do hope you all hear back soon! Davis and SF should be sending out interviews in the coming weeks!

I actually had the interview today and I think it went well! Thanks for asking :) it was pretty straight forward typical interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, any commitment to organizations, what clinical and research experience, etc.).

They seemed to be looking for a specific set of people who obviously fit the program and who could benefit from their program. And it seemed like they hand chose a set (not to say they've chosen a full set since I'm not clued in on that info) who would benefit given their gpa and experience. They should have at the very least six more interviews lined up and could potentially have more.

I really do hope you all hear back soon! Davis and SF should be sending out interviews in the coming weeks!
You mentioned on your previous post that UCI has an interview day on April 7th, do you know if that's the last day for all interviews or they may have more days set?

Thanks for the feedback and glad it went well for you! How many people were there with you?

You mentioned on your previous post that UCI has an interview day on April 7th, do you know if that's the last day for all interviews or they may have more days set?

When they sent me the interview email, they had us choose two time slots from three days (total of 8 time slots). I'm not sure how many more interviews they have after or how many they had before actually.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback and glad it went well for you! How many people were there with you?

The interview itself was just me, the counselor, and a key program manager. It was just me I think at that time because no one else was around and the same for the next person after me.

The interview itself was just me, the counselor, and a key program manager. It was just me I think at that time because no one else was around and the same for the next person after me.

For those of you that got an interview with UCI, did you submit your application by March 1st or March 16th? Thank you!