UC Post-Bacc Consortium 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got invited to interview for UCSF! I thought I had little to no chance of them reading my application because it was completed so late in the game, but they called me this afternoon. So to anyone who has not heard back yet, don't give up hope!
Applied: 3/12/15
Completed: 4/9/15
Sent to: UCD, UCI,UCSF,UCR
Interviews: UCSF - 5/13,
Acceptances: no offers yet

Congrats and good luck on your interview!! My application got complete around the same time yours did and I still haven't heard from UCSF :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats and good luck on your interview!! My application got complete around the same time yours did and I still haven't heard from UCSF :(
Ha! Mine barely got completed on 4/29. I doubt they'll even consider mine. But CONGRATS!!

Had my skype interview with UC Davis yesterday. I thought it went really well. For those of you who interviewed, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Lorena said that I should hear back within a few weeks, but I've read that some people found out a few hours after their interview...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any luck contacting UCR? I've been getting voicemails and no call back.

Should we be throwing in the towel for UCSF and UCD as they are wrapping up interviews and invites?

:(

Anyone have any luck contacting UCR? I've been getting voicemails and no call back.

Should we be throwing in the towel for UCSF and UCD as they are wrapping up interviews and invites?

:(

How are they wrapping up when the reapp deadline hasn't even passed yet?

Had my skype interview with UC Davis yesterday. I thought it went really well. For those of you who interviewed, how long did it take for them to get back to you? Lorena said that I should hear back within a few weeks, but I've read that some people found out a few hours after their interview...

My interview was at 9 AM, I heard back at 3 PM the same day. Some people heard back a few days later tho!

I submitted January 18th..one of my transcripts got lost and I resubmitted (received 4/6). My application still says "pending" haha but UCSF still called me today :D don't lose hope! I certainly did...I thought it was a lost cause...

Reactions: 1 users
My interview was at 9 AM, I heard back at 3 PM the same day. Some people heard back a few days later tho!
I had my interview at 11:00AM last Thursday. I still haven't received a call back >_<

I submitted January 18th..one of my transcripts got lost and I resubmitted (received 4/6). My application still says "pending" haha but UCSF still called me today :D don't lose hope! I certainly did...I thought it was a lost cause...

Congrats! Is it a Skype interview followed by an in-person interview also?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they usually call or email you for an interview?

Did anyone have their skype interview at Davis last week and heard back yet?

Does UCD only e-mail for a Skype interview or do they also call?

still havent heard anything back from anyone. all of my materials were processed april 20th. probably a good idea to call it quits and figure out a plan b?

Be patient. But find other options just in case. I hope schools contact you

still havent heard anything back from anyone. all of my materials were processed april 20th. probably a good idea to call it quits and figure out a plan b?

same here. called it quits awhile back

Not necessarily - at least I wouldn't say UC Davis is done. I estimate that there were only about 12 people at yesterday's interview at the med school, and since the class is estimated to be around 20 students, assuming that all 12 of the interviewees were amazing candidates and that they taking us all, they still have about half the class to fill so they'll likely have another round of in person interviews.

Not necessarily - at least I wouldn't say UC Davis is done. I estimate that there were only about 12 people at yesterday's interview at the med school, and since the class is estimated to be around 20 students, assuming that all 12 of the interviewees were amazing candidates and that they taking us all, they still have about half the class to fill so they'll likely have another round of in person interviews.

I agree, all the candidates were amazing in the interview, I was very impress with everybody in the group interview. I am wondering when will they be calling us back for the next step.

For the UC DAVIS in person interview when was it conducted?

For the UC DAVIS in person interview when was it conducted?

We had our interview this past Thursday. We were told they'd try to get back to us in a month lol. I sure hope it's a lot sooner than that.

I canceled my interview at Ucsf. I hope one of you guys get the opportunity I was given!

should i just give up hope on uc davis.. i didnt get a call for the second interview... >-< and the in person interview already happened.

should i just give up hope on uc davis.. i didnt get a call for the second interview... >-< and the in person interview already happened.

I wouldn't call it quits just yet. If they accepted everyone at in person interview day, the class is just a little over half full. They'll likely conduct another in person interview day.

Hi everyone! I wanted to update all of you on my current situation with Post Bacc interviews. BTW I posted my stats a couple of days back. As of now here is my stats

UCD skype interview:4/9
UCD in person: 5/7
UCSF: 4/28

Questions are similar to the ones you see in past threads: Why medicine, tell me about yourself, extracurricular/experiences...etc. I agree with everyone comment about being yourself. You don't want to sound rehearsed but also don't want to sound like your coming up with stuff on the spot. I would say practice with someone have them ask you questions and have them give you feedback. BTW the UCD Skype interview is only like 15min long and in person will be with other applicants along with an individual one lasting 15 min.

Good luck everyone!

How was the UCSF Interview @M.D.reamerAB540 ? I have mine on 5/21 and I'm kind of freaking out XD

How was the UCSF Interview @M.D.reamerAB540 ? I have mine on 5/21 and I'm kind of freaking out XD
Don't freak out, it's actually super chill. You'll be interviewed by two people, but one asks questions and the other one takes notes. It's just like any other interview, make sure you can answer the common interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, why M.D., why your grades faltered, etc.) and you'll be fine.

Did anyone hear back from UCSF (after interviews)? I had my interview last week and I was told that I would hear back by next month but I'm just curious if anyone else heard back already

Last edited:
Did anyone hear back from UCSF (after interviews)? I had my interview last week and I was told that I would hear back by next month but I'm just curious if anyone else heard back already

They told me they have two committee meetings to determine admissions. One would be some time mid-may and one more time at the end of may.

Don't freak out, it's actually super chill. You'll be interviewed by two people, but one asks questions and the other one takes notes. It's just like any other interview, make sure you can answer the common interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, why M.D., why your grades faltered, etc.) and you'll be fine.

Thank you @lostsoul91 ! I will definitely prepare for those questions! :)

If you guys are still wondering if UCD is still sending out Skype invites...they are! I just got a call from Lorena this morning (Thursday) to schedule for a Skype interview next Thursday (5/21). So have hope!

If you guys are still wondering if UCD is still sending out Skype invites...they are! I just got a call from Lorena this morning (Thursday) to schedule for a Skype interview next Thursday (5/21). So have hope!
If u don't mind me asking, when was your application completed?

If u don't mind me asking, when was your application completed?

I submitted my application on March 30. The most horrible thing happened to me. I sent in all my LORs and one never got uploaded. I freaked out and had my recommender send another LOR on April 20. By then, I had no hopes because they said all materials had to be in by April 1 and my application would of been considered late. Anyhow, my application went through and I got interview invites from UCD and UCSF this week. My interviews will be next week on Thursday.

I submitted my application on March 30. The most horrible thing happened to me. I sent in all my LORs and one never got uploaded. I freaked out and had my recommender send another LOR on April 20. By then, I had no hopes because they said all materials had to be in by April 1 and my application would of been considered late. Anyhow, my application went through and I got interview invites from UCD and UCSF this week. My interviews will be next week on Thursday.
That's wonderful, congrats.

Hello everyone, I saw this forum and I just had a question about the UC post-bacc application. If you retook a class, do they count both grades or just the retake grade?

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys I got my acceptance into the UCSF postbacc yesterday!! Lemme know if you guys have any questions. Like lostsoul said the two interviewers were incredibly nice and asked very straightforward questions.

Reactions: 2 users