UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey guys! Recent graduate here ;) and there are lots of underclassmen hovering around too!

General Stats:

Class of 2026
Overall GPA
: 3.83
Science GPA: 3.81
DAT: 23AA, 23TS, 23PAT
Class of 2025
Overall GPA:
Science GPA: 3.67
DAT: 22AA, 22TS, 22PAT
Class of 2024
Overall GPA:
Science GPA: 3.68
DAT: 23AA, 23TS, 22PAT
Class of 2023
Overall GPA:
Science GPA: 3.73
DAT: 23AA, 23TS, 22PAT

General Info:
Prereqs: Info here. AP Credit accepted, but there are limitations on CC credit and no online classes are allowed (* exception due to COVID19 *). Not required at time of application, but must be complete by 6/30/2023-can't take any prereqs in the summer right before you start.
DAT: Must be taken before 12/31/2022, and if already taken, must be within a 3-year period (after 1/1/2020).
Class size: 88 seats
Grading system: P/F/H
Quarter System! Academic year is 3 10-week quarters plus 1 9-week summer (15 total sessions)
----> Here's our academic calendar in case you're wondering how a quarter system looks.
Research Intensive, about 70% of students specialize
Clinic starts Summer of D2 (new! They made it earlier for 2022 and beyond)
Graduate Housing available!
Can establish residency after 1 year
(instate tuition)
Regarding the curriculum: Anyone curious about the curriculum here at UCLA can browse this schedule below for each of the 4 years. There is typically a final for each class that is scheduled. UCLA Dentistry Curriculum

Q&A that might be helpful, about 1st year mostly: artist2022 Q&A

UCLA ASDA: Find us on instagram @uclaasda & @ucla_asda_predental to see what dental school is like + get access to workshops!

Good luck everyone!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten a response from UCLA yet? On my portal it still says "none".

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email confirming my submission and telling me to pay the secondary fee

I applied 6/1 and still got nothing. Anyone having the same issue?
All I got was an email saying they received my AADSAS application and I was told to pay my supplemental fee. My status on the AADSAS portal says "Received/Application Complete."

All I got was an email saying they received my AADSAS application and I was told to pay my supplemental fee. My status on the AADSAS portal says "Received/Application Complete."
I did not get that email either oof and my aadsas status is still "none". When did you get your email?

Hi! :) I was just wondering when you submitted your application? Thanks!
i submitted to UCLA on 7/8 but was already verified since i applied to other schools before (7/2). but my portal still says "none"

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the email to pay the fee but nothing else anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone applied in early June and still got no email? I've been emailing them multiple times and they just told me to wait till early this week...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied in early June and still got no email? I've been emailing them multiple times and they just told me to wait till early this week...
I submitted AADSAS June 1st and my status is application complete. They say contact them if your status still hasn't changed 3 weeks after turning in the fee.

I submitted AADSAS June 1st and my status is application complete. They say contact them if your status still hasn't changed 3 weeks after turning in the fee.

Did you get an email to submit fee

Does anyone's AADSAS decision status for UCLA state "Received/Application Complete" or "Received/Under Review?"

I would call and double check to make sure its verified!
can you explain a bit more? because the supplemental fee confirmation email back then it says that the status will say "received/application complete" if all files are complete.
Does yours say "under review" instead of "received/application complete"?
TYIA!

@dentalstuden245 @kuko I would call ADEA AADSAS and make sure it is verified on their end. You would get an email from them saying "Congratulations XXX, your application was verified"

@dentalstuden245 @kuko I would call ADEA AADSAS and make sure it is verified on their end. You would get an email from them saying "Congratulations XXX, your application was verified"

I did get the email from AADSAS that my application is verified. If it’s not verified you wouldn’t even see your status change. So as long as your application says completed for ucla you’re good.

Perhaps they were just swamped with orientation stuff... and recently just got the chance to review our applications. We can only hope for an interview invite soon!

Does anyone’s status say anything other than “received/application complete?”

Does anyone’s status say anything other than “received/application complete?”
No it says the same. After Interviewed last year and got waitlisted last year my status stayed on “invited for interview”. Don’t rely on the status much.