UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Thread

On Reddit, someone said that they called and said invites should be sent out next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/05
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: In state
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Application complete date: 7/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.98, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/28/30/17/ No
Interview date: 10/11
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #3
Congrats!!! Did you get an application complete and under review email from them? I got an email to pay the fee in July and my app has been “complete” on AADASA status since end of July, but I never got an email other than fee email.

Congrats!!! Did you get an application complete and under review email from them? I got an email to pay the fee in July and my app has been “complete” on AADASA status since end of July, but I never got an email other than fee email.
Hi! I didn’t get any application complete/under review emails, only the email to pay the fee. They called pretty late around 6ish pm with phone number start with (310) so keep an eye out! Hope you hear from them soon!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else get an interview invite past 10/05 or is it safe to assume that they have sent out all first-round interviews? (just for some ease of mind, so I don't have to obsessively check my phone at all times lol)

I got mine 10/6 around 9:30am! Scheduled for 10/14. I missed their call but they leave you a voicemail asking to call back, don't worry if you miss it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Interview #3
Did you get an email on the instructions for tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call from UCLA!!! Initially, they planned to interview me on Oct 18, but I had to reschedule it for early November. I applied in early June for those wondering.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a call from UCLA!!! Initially, they planned to interview me on Oct 18, but I had to reschedule it for early November. I applied in early June for those wondering.
Congrats!! Are you in-state or OOS? and do you mind sharing your stats?

UCLA just called me this morning. I submitted my application on June 20. I'm also in state.

someone posted on reddit they were notified of an interview invite on 10/21

Has anyone heard anything about the prerequisite course meeting and the financial aid meetings. I was under the impression we would get an email last month.

I was told during the interview that UCLA will notify us about the financial aid meeting via email. Regarding the pre-req course meeting, we will get a phone call sometime in the coming weeks from Neomi.

Got an interview! For those who got an interview, when did they send you the zoom link?

Admissions said they will interview up untill January! Keep your hopes high!

Reactions: 1 user
I was just invited to do a full day of interviewing. I have decent stats and am also a career changer. I am in-state. I only have a couple of days to prepare for the interview. Does anyone have any insights or advice? Anyone I can DM today and/or tomorrow? Thank you so much!
Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your stats please! And when did you apply?

I was just invited to do a full day of interviewing. I have decent stats and am also a career changer. I am in-state. I only have a couple of days to prepare for the interview. Does anyone have any insights or advice? Anyone I can DM today and/or tomorrow? Thank you so much!
relax and be yourself...

I’m OOS and just got an invite yesterday. I know I’m likely not the first OOS to receive an invite from them this cycle, but I haven’t seen any OOS people post in this thread yet. I applied early June.

How many days is from the day you got the invite to the interview day?
I hope the time is long enough to prepare the interview.

I submitted in late August but got invite to interview in this November. I think they are speeding up the process.

Do you know what is the last date of Pre-December interview?
Last year they sent out 115 offers in total and the class size is 88. The total # of students they interviewed was 123. Meaning that 27 people turned down their spot. 8 people were denied. You can see how many applicants are invited for interview in the dropbox. I haven't been checking for my own sanity's sake, but that's a decent way you can track what the general odd's are that you'll get accepted. I assume you're asking that question because you wanna know your chances.

Those numbers you mentioned are 2020. Now that their interviews are held virtually, they are able to conduct even more than
Last year they sent out 115 offers in total and the class size is 88. The total # of students they interviewed was 123. Meaning that 27 people turned down their spot. 8 people were denied. You can see how many applicants are invited for interview in the dropbox. I haven't been checking for my own sanity's sake, but that's a decent way you can track what the general odd's are that you'll get accepted. I assume you're asking that question because you wanna know your chances.
The data you gave is from 2020. I was told that last cycle they interviewed about 200 people.

Those numbers you mentioned are 2020. Now that their interviews are held virtually, they are able to conduct even more than

The data you gave is from 2020. I was told that last cycle they interviewed about 200 people.
Whoops, thanks for the correction. Now I'm gonna have to figure out another way to cope with the waiting for Dec 15 since my "well the acceptance rate post-interview is 93%" argument fell apart. Time to switch to "well the acceptance rate post-interview is ~50%" argument. For whatever reason that's less comforting tho.

Last edited:
I try not to hope so much because anything can happen. But congratulate those who have an interview at UCLA because they have a 1/2 seat in this school. :D