UF Pharmacy Application Cycle Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you heard anything?
Unfortunately not yet. :(
I dont think I have checked my email this much in the past 2 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright you guys. Tomorrow I am expecting to hear back from the Gainesville campus from my interview on 3/27. You guys better be wishing me luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I dont think I have checked my email this much in the past 2 years.
oh really?? let us hope and pray we hear something this week!!!! i am so paranoid and stressed its killing me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I'm applying this summer and wanted to ask you what the "secondary" or rather UF's application looks like? Just curious. Also, do they ask for additional letters after the ones you send to pharmcas?
THANK YOU, and goodluck to anyone still in the running!

Edit: SDN won't let me type "d-o" instead I get "D.O." Is this an april fools?

Hi guys, I'm applying this summer and wanted to ask you what the "secondary" or rather UF's application looks like? Just curious. Also, D.O. they ask for additional letters after the ones you send to pharmcas?
THANK YOU, and goodluck to anyone still in the running!

Edit: SDN won't let me type "d-o" instead I get "D.O." Is this an april fools?

Hey Crystal. UFs supplemental application is around 10 questions and you have to write a response to each one. They are questions that you would expect at an interview; the questions are to get to know you. I cant remember exactly how much the response is but I want to say 300-500 words per question. At the end of the supplemental you rate the campuses in the order that youd be willing to attend. You also write a response for each campus and why you want to go to that campus. You do not have to rank all campuses. I chose to only rank Gainesville and left the others blank. Any questions PM me

Supplemental was a pain In the ass.

Reactions: 1 users
SDN is pranking us you can't write (--->Eye<---) it changes it to me lol

Eye=l

just recieved notification that my application is under review!!!! going through this allll over again lol#nervousnpraying

me dont think me have checked my email this much in the past 2 years.
did you get an email notification telling you that your app. was out for review today ????

Alright ye guys. Tomorrow me am expectin' to hear back from t' Gainesville campus from me interview on 3/27. ye guys better be wishin' me luck![/QUOTE
Of course! I only want to best to happen to everyone on this forum. How did you know when to expect a response? I hope you heard good things and are jumping for joy. :p

did ye get an email notification tellin' ye that yer app. was out for review today ????
That better be a good thing, dheik! I have not received anything yet, but they said it might take up to a week or two? I have not been able to sleep well since the interview lol. #tryingtostayoptimistic

I just got my acceptance from the Jax campus!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to UF Gainesville campus! !

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted to UF Gainesville campus! !
. Congratulations!!!! See, I told you the interview wasn't so bad! Haha. It looks like we'll be classmates in August!

Hi all! Just found out Ive been offered an interview at the Orlando campus for the 25th. Does anyone know if they accept a good number of candidates interviewed? I have been accepted to another Florida school but UF is my top choice and I have to put down a 500 dollar deposit by the 10th of this month but my interview date is on the 25th. Would it be wise to put down the deposit or not?

Hi all! Just found out Ive been offered an interview at the Orlando campus for the 25th. Does anyone know if they accept a good number of candidates interviewed? I have been accepted to another Florida school but UF is my top choice and I have to put down a 500 dollar deposit by the 10th of this month but my interview date is on the 25th. Would it be wise to put down the deposit or not?
If you got an interview it is pretty likely that you will get in as long as you don't have a horrible interview. A lot of the people I know that have been interviewed have been accepted. I will ask you this though, If you dont get into UF is that other school your only back up? If so, i know $500 is a lot for college students such as ourselves, I would pay the deposit just to have a Plan B.

If you got an interview it is pretty likely that you will get in as long as you don't have a horrible interview. A lot of the people I know that have been interviewed have been accepted. I will ask you this though, If you dont get into UF is that other school your only back up? If so, i know $500 is a lot for college students such as ourselves, I would pay the deposit just to have a Plan B.

I applied to 5 schools and got interviews at all including UF (just found out today) but I only went to two interviews, one in FL and one out of the state. I got accepted into both and as of right now the school in Fl is my back up. I am just worried that I might be wait listed or rejected at UF. If I am I will likely reapply again next cycle... which is why i am hesitant to put down 500 dollars also.

I applied to 5 schools and got interviews at all including UF (just found out today) but I only went to two interviews, one in FL and one out of the state. I got accepted into both and as of right now the school in Fl is my back up. I am just worried that I might be wait listed or rejected at UF. If I am I will likely reapply again next cycle... which is why i am hesitant to put down 500 dollars also.

Just pay the deposit and secure a seat somewhere. I paid 1000 deposit on the first school I got into and now im going to UF.

Just pay the deposit and secure a seat somewhere. I paid 1000 deposit on the first school I got into and now im going to UF.

Yeah i guess it is best to play it safe. Thanks and congrats on getting accepted to UF!

Sitting on pins and needles for an interview!!

Sitting on pins and needles for an interview!!
Extra good luck! I am still waiting for a response from the 03/28 interview (and growing ever-so anxious), too. :bang:

Extra good luck! I am still waiting for a response from the 03/28 interview (and growing ever-so anxious), too. :bang:

Its been a few days but they did say it would take within 2 weeks to notify you. From the moment you finished that interview there was nothing else you could do and growing anxious wont help :)
So sit back, relax, and distract yourself. It will come faster that way!

Good luck :xf::xf::xf:

I submitted mine in dec and just got an email for an interview at the orlando campus for april 25. Ive already been accepeted to my 2 choice pharmacy school but uf is my first choice!!! Nervous!

I have my interview on april 25 as well. Do you go to UF?

hi! I also have an interview at the orlando campus on april 25, I graduated from UF last may :)

Reactions: 2 users
Its been a few days but they did say it would take within 2 weeks to notify you. From the moment you finished that interview there was nothing else you could do and growing anxious wont help :)
So sit back, relax, and distract yourself. It will come faster that way!

Good luck :xf::xf::xf:

Thank you for the reassurance! I found out from a letter yesterday that I had an issue with my Florida residency claims. I managed to change my status this morning. Is this a possible reason why it has taken so long for a response? lol I started to relax and then the letter came. Oh life.

Thank you for the reassurance! I found out from a letter yesterday that I had an issue with my Florida residency claims. I managed to change my status this morning. Is this a possible reason why it has taken so long for a response? lol I started to relax and then the letter came. Oh life.

Possibly. I got the the letter for the residency status also, but I received that letter after I got my acceptance I think. Waiting for that acceptance letter felt like the longest time for me lol. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I have an interview at the orlando campus on the 25th of this month but my biochemistry final is in the morning. I'm wondering if anyone happens to know the time of the interview?

I have an interview at the orlando campus on the 25th of this month but my biochemistry final is in the morning. I'm wondering if anyone happens to know the time of the interview?
Last year mine was at 9am. Have you talked to your professor?

Last year mine was at 9am. Have you talked to your professor?
My final is starts at 7am and ends at 9:50am. I spoke to her and because it is not "university accepted" excuse (ie being sick) she will not let me take it earlier because she will have to make a different final for me. So hopefully the interview time will be sometime later...

My final is starts at 7am and ends at 9:50am. I spoke to her and because it is not "university accepted" excuse (ie being sick) she will not let me take it earlier because she will have to make a different final for me. So hopefully the interview time will be sometime later...
Ehhhhhhh. That sucks. If I'm not mistaken the interview sessions are typically morning based.

I interviewed back in February and my interview slot was from 1-2 pm. I believe they have both morning and afternoon interviews because I was talking to a P3 students in the parking lot before I went in there and he was one of the student ambassadors for the morning group. Also it all depends on the time they give you too because I know when I interviewed they had like ~10 prospective students per group, my group went first while the second group toured the campus. Then we swapped and my group toured as they were being interviewed and they had another group of ~10 come in towards the end of our tour in order to interview after the second group finished. Definitely caught me off guard as I was only expecting there to be no more than 15-20 candidates there that day but being the first interview date for the Orlando Campus I should have known better.

Best of luck to you though and I hope it will not interfere with your final. I would also try to contact the College of Pharmacy and let them know. It might be possible for them to just put you in one of the afternoon interview slots instead of the morning if you explain the situation.

I interviewed back in February and my interview slot was from 1-2 pm. I believe they have both morning and afternoon interviews because I was talking to a P3 students in the parking lot before I went in there and he was one of the student ambassadors for the morning group. Also it all depends on the time they give you too because I know when I interviewed they had like ~10 prospective students per group, my group went first while the second group toured the campus. Then we swapped and my group toured as they were being interviewed and they had another group of ~10 come in towards the end of our tour in order to interview after the second group finished. Definitely caught me off guard as I was only expecting there to be no more than 15-20 candidates there that day but being the first interview date for the Orlando Campus I should have known better.

Best of luck to you though and I hope it will not interfere with your final. I would also try to contact the College of Pharmacy and let them know. It might be possible for them to just put you in one of the afternoon interview slots instead of the morning if you explain the situation.
Thanks! Were you accepted? Also do they accept most students they interview?

Yeah I got my conditional acceptance like 2 days later as well as one from Nova like a week later because I interviewed at Nova the following morning. The P3 student I was talking to reassured me that at UF the hard part was getting the interview and that if you got one you were pretty much accepted so long as you did not give off a bad vibe in the interview or turn out to be totally sketchy! I do recommend a suit however... The email about the interview says slacks and a dress shirt are fine attire but when I was at my interview every guy and girl was wearing a suit (including me) except for 2 guys and it made them really stand out in the bunch as not as prepared. Just my .02 cents!
The interview however was so easy so do not stress over that! I'd be putting all that stress into studying for that Biochem final as the interview will be a breeze especially if you come straight from killing it on that test! It really is like people say more of a conversation than a strict interview, all the staff and students will make you feel welcome when you get there. Hell my group even got free cookies from a student up on the 3rd floor who had brought way to many for her friends and did not want to take them home!

Best of luck though, I'm sure you will do great!

Yeah I got my conditional acceptance like 2 days later as well as one from Nova like a week later because I interviewed at Nova the following morning. The P3 student I was talking to reassured me that at UF the hard part was getting the interview and that if you got one you were pretty much accepted so long as you did not give off a bad vibe in the interview or turn out to be totally sketchy! I do recommend a suit however... The email about the interview says slacks and a dress shirt are fine attire but when I was at my interview every guy and girl was wearing a suit (including me) except for 2 guys and it made them really stand out in the bunch as not as prepared. Just my .02 cents!
The interview however was so easy so do not stress over that! I'd be putting all that stress into studying for that Biochem final as the interview will be a breeze especially if you come straight from killing it on that test! It really is like people say more of a conversation than a strict interview, all the staff and students will make you feel welcome when you get there. Hell my group even got free cookies from a student up on the 3rd floor who had brought way to many for her friends and did not want to take them home!

Best of luck though, I'm sure you will do great!
There is free food/ treats/snacks all kinds of stuff quite often thanks to the various student organizations. Lol

There is free food/ treats/snacks all kinds of stuff quite often thanks to the various student organizations. Lol
Sounds perfect to me! I can not wait to start in August. Excited to get back to school and concentrate on stuff I like doing as opposed to a lot of the stuff in undergrad. Plus I can not wait to move down to Orlando in general. My twin brother has been down there for the past 3 years so I've visited often it'll just be nice finally moving down there!

Sounds perfect to me! I can not wait to start in August. Excited to get back to school and concentrate on stuff I like doing as opposed to a lot of the stuff in undergrad. Plus I can not wait to move down to Orlando in general. My twin brother has been down there for the past 3 years so I've visited often it'll just be nice finally moving down there!

Im in the process of moving to Gainesville. It is overwhelming there to say the least. Lol

Im in the process of moving to Gainesville. It is overwhelming there to say the least. Lol
Just wait until the the semester starts. You'll be much more overwhelmed and I hear its worse 2PD year. Lol

Just wait until the the semester starts. You'll be much more overwhelmed and I hear its worse 2PD year. Lol
Oh that's what I've heard from every student I've talked to yet. That's why I'm going to try to enjoy my first year and embrace the suck when 2PD year comes around!

Oh that's what I've heard from every student I've talked to yet. That's why I'm going to try to enjoy my first year and embrace the suck when 2PD year comes around!
PBD is what makes first year suck. Lol

Congrats!!! works almost every time :clap:

Finally recieved my invite!!!! super relieved and excited. Really want to resume back my pharmacy studies in the fall 2014!!!!!!!!!

I was accepted to the jax campus and emailed my decision form to Mary Beth Yokomi and paid my seat deposit but I never received a confirmation that my seat is secure. Did anyone else?

I was accepted to the jax campus and emailed my decision form to Mary Beth Yokomi and paid my seat deposit but I never received a confirmation that my seat is secure. Did anyone else?

She does send an email replying to your acceptance of the offer. Mine said Re:Decision Form "We look forward to seeing you in the Fall." Give it a few days she will get back to you.

I also got accepted to Jax and I just got a confirmation email today regarding my seat deposit.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group set up for the St. Petersburg campus yet?

Interviewed at the St. Pete campus this morning. My fingers and toes are crossed! I'm more nervous now than before the interview!