UGA Admissions Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hw13

Reaction score
Howdy! Does anyone have any information on how uga does acceptances? Most schools use a point system but I can't seem to find anything on uga :(

Members don't see this ad.

Not aware of an official published points system for admission.

UGA considers:
1. Your GPA's: cum gpa, science gpa (only their science pre-req's), and last 45 gpa.
2. GRE score
3. Vet hours
4. LOR's
5. application essays/personal statement

Per AAVVMC:
Class of 2025
1383 total applicants
269 resident applicants
1114 non resident applicants
cum gpa 3.7
science gpa 3.6
GRE quant 54.6% 156
GRE verbal 68.9% 155
GRE writing 65.8% 4.0/4.5

I believe with the increased class size of 150 that IS has 100 seats. UGA's website used to post past stats. The stats were very similar to the current AAVMC posted stats. Generally speaking there was a slight upward trend for the last 45 gpa. And generally speaking in the past, the OOS applicants had slightly higher gpa's and gre scores. AAVMC does not break out the scores by IS or OOS.

Besides grades and gre scores, I feel that UGA places importance on your LOR's. Since they don't do interviews, how you present yourself in your personal statement/essays and what your references have to say about you takes the place of an interview.

Take the above with a grain of salt as I do not work for UGA. If you have specific questions, I'd give Parker a call in Admissions.

Best of luck to you! UGA is a great school and with it's very reasonable cost as IS it will be your most affordable option.

Reactions: 1 user
Not aware of an official published points system for admission.

UGA considers:
1. Your GPA's: cum gpa, science gpa (only their science pre-req's), and last 45 gpa.
2. GRE score
3. Vet hours
4. LOR's
5. application essays/personal statement

Per AAVVMC:
Class of 2025
1383 total applicants
269 resident applicants
1114 non resident applicants
cum gpa 3.7
science gpa 3.6
GRE quant 54.6% 156
GRE verbal 68.9% 155
GRE writing 65.8% 4.0/4.5

I believe with the increased class size of 150 that IS has 100 seats. UGA's website used to post past stats. The stats were very similar to the current AAVMC posted stats. Generally speaking there was a slight upward trend for the last 45 gpa. And generally speaking in the past, the OOS applicants had slightly higher gpa's and gre scores. AAVMC does not break out the scores by IS or OOS.

Besides grades and gre scores, I feel that UGA places importance on your LOR's. Since they don't do interviews, how you present yourself in your personal statement/essays and what your references have to say about you takes the place of an interview.

Take the above with a grain of salt as I do not work for UGA. If you have specific questions, I'd give Parker a call in Admissions.

Best of luck to you! UGA is a great school and with it's very reasonable cost as IS it will be your most affordable option.

Thank you so much for the info! Keeping my fingers crossed. I've heard wonderful things about their program.

Reactions: 1 user