UGA Supplemental Essay Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VetToBe585

UGA c/o 2020
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the UGA supplemental application requires a short essay (500 words max) with this prompt this year:

Describe a situation in your past when you felt you had failed. How did you recover from this experience, and what did you learn from it?

Would it be weird/wrong/dumb/obvious to talk about getting waitlisted this past cycle and how I worked even harder strengthening my application over the past year? Is that what every single kid is going to write about and I shouldn't? Just curious if anyone else is thinking that would be too obvious/lame of a choice...

Members don't see this ad.

With these kinds of questions when I applied, I always tried to do something not vet med, as I thought it would stick out more or show examples of me adapting to issues that are outside the field, but still applicable. I forget exactly what the prompt was, but for one school I talked about my abroad experience and what it taught me. In a file review, the school specifically mentioned how much they loved that I "thought outside the box." It wasn't UGA, but I imagine it might still apply.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally, I would avoid talking about re-applying to vet school. Does UGA have admissions counselors you can call? If so, call them and ask! I know the admissions counselors at Penn are super helpful and will even read and give recommendations on your personal statement.

Okay that's kind of how I felt, just verifying I wasn't crazy! Thanks guys! :)