UH Hilo College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
supplemental is really easy. You fill up some information about yourself. Write two short paragraph 200 words for each question (2 questions). It was like why choose Hawaii and its location, and how will it influence your pharmacy education. They also give you extra space to add any comment. Then you have to fill out a worksheet on courses prerequisite. I finished it in a day. Maybe its different this year tho..

Members don't see this ad :)
supplemental is really easy. You fill up some information about yourself. Write two short paragraph 200 words for each question (2 questions). It was like why choose Hawaii and its location, and how will it influence your pharmacy education. They also give you extra space to add any comment. Then you have to fill out a worksheet on courses prerequisite. I finished it in a day. Maybe its different this year tho..

Sounds like it's exactly the same this year too.

Hey guys! I scheduled my interview for LV on Dec 8th! Im aware that Hilo does closed file interviews. Do you guys know if this is supposed to be a good thing or bad thing? Thanks in advance guys!

What time is your interview? Mine is at 11AM. Are you staying in any of the hotels around the area? I'm still trying to figure out where to stay

I see.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

What time is your interview? Mine is at 11AM. Are you staying in any of the hotels around the area? I'm still trying to figure out where to stay

Mine is at 9 30AM. I'm staying at the Best Western Mardi Gras. It's really close there, you should look into that hotel! =]

Mine is at 9 30AM. I'm staying at the Best Western Mardi Gras. It's really close there, you should look into that hotel! =]

I see. Thanks, I was going to book there, but found another place close by also with the same amenities.

There's a deadline for supplemental? Like after they get it to you?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

they give you 3 weeks after they email you the app. Then they toss out your application completely if you dont send it in on time,

they give you 3 weeks after they email you the app. Then they toss out your application completely if you dont send it in on time,

Interesting. Thanks.

Do you guys know how many questions will be asked at the interview? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get a December interview invite before submitting the supplemental app on the condition that you submit the supp before a given date? I don't have the best stats so I find it strange that they would offer an interview without seeing the supp first :/

Really? Lucky you. Your app has been verified and mailed out? What were your stats?

Did anyone else get a December interview invite before submitting the supplemental app on the condition that you submit the supp before a given date? I don't have the best stats so I find it strange that they would offer an interview without seeing the supp first :/

Same here! It feels like they're trying to fill up the December interview spots.

Just got an interview offer here! Going to accept on in LV! Woooooo!:thumbup:

Is anyone attending the interview on the 9th?

And also, can someone further elaborate on the tech license or intern license required by the school?

And also, can someone further elaborate on the tech license or intern license required by the school?

That is weird, when i applied last year, you do not require to get a tech license. If anything, you get a tech license in your 2nd year.

Maybe you should double check with the school.

Nice! What time is yours? Mine is at 2pm and I'm staying in downtown LV at the Plaza.

Oh wow yours is late! Mine is 9 30AM. You get more time to prepare! I'm staying close to the interview site at Best Western Mardi Gras.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Steven, and I'm one of UHH-CoP's student ambassadors. I'm here to help you guys with any questions or concerns that you might have about student life in Hilo and other topics. Let me know if I can help! To learn more about the ambassadors, you can click on the following link:

http://pharmacy.uhh.hawaii.edu/prospectivestudents/ambassadors.php

Also, we have received great news that out governor added funding for our permanent building into his budget for next year! This is a great leap in our journey to attain this!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Steven, and I'm one of UHH-CoP's student ambassadors. I'm here to help you guys with any questions or concerns that you might have about student life in Hilo and other topics. Let me know if I can help! To learn more about the ambassadors, you can click on the following link:

http://pharmacy.uhh.hawaii.edu/prospectivestudents/ambassadors.php

Also, we have received great news that out governor added funding for our permanent building into his budget for next year! This is a great leap in our journey to attain this!

will the entire interview process be just one hour? just checking because i have to run to the airport and get back on campus for my exam the next day.

The interview should not last more than an hour; however, the writing portion (30 minutes) along with any other potential delays should add a little bit more time. I think youll be thr for an hour and a half. Good luck and best wishes =)

The interview should not last more than an hour; however, the writing portion (30 minutes) along with any other potential delays should add a little bit more time. I think youll be thr for an hour and a half. Good luck and best wishes =)

I agree that the interview, itself, shouldn't go over an hour. However, you should always make room for downtime. It takes a while from when you check-in at the mods, between doing the essay portion (I think I did that first. It's been a long time.), and between doing the interview. There's a Q&A with the ambassadors and a tour, but those are optional and not part of the interview process. The drive from the airport to the CoP campus shouldn't be too long. There's usually not much traffic unless it's right before or after school because many of the roads are one lane each way and most of the schools are in the middle of town.

I believe the interview session starts today or tomorrow! Good luck to all those that are! Mine is on Saturday!

Those writing portions make me nervous. Do you know an example of prompt a school might give?

Just interviewed this morning in Vegas! I think it went good very good! Dr. Fisher (associate Dean) was a class act! Very knowledgeable and laid back! Hope everyone else did well today!

PS don't stay on the strip! No cab wanted to take me there because it was too close even though I offered to pay more! Had to run in my suit with a baggage 1.5 miles OMG I barely made it!!!!!

Just interviewed this morning in Vegas! I think it went good very good! Dr. Fisher (associate Dean) was a class act! Very knowledgeable and laid back! Hope everyone else did well today!

PS don't stay on the strip! No cab wanted to take me there because it was too close even though I offered to pay more! Had to run in my suit with a baggage 1.5 miles OMG I barely made it!!!!!

Where was the interview

oh man! sorry to hear that!

my interview will also be in vegas. how long did your interview take? was it at least around1-1.5 hours?

my flight is two hours after the supposed "one hour" duration of the interview so i hope i can make it on time.
otherwise i'm going to miss my exam.. and it's too late for me to request for a make up.. oh god. lol.

oh man! sorry to hear that!

my interview will also be in vegas. how long did your interview take? was it at least around1-1.5 hours?

my flight is two hours after the supposed "one hour" duration of the interview so i hope i can make it on time.
otherwise i'm going to miss my exam.. and it's too late for me to request for a make up.. oh god. lol.
One on one was 25-30 minutes then you do the essay 30 minutes (very short writing space 3/4 page you'll be done before 30 but you can't leave because you rotate with another student the interviewer has to come get you). My flight was 2 hours later too. I suggest you call a cab in advance or tell the front desk to schedule one for an hour after you arrive. I had to beg a cab that was dropping somebody off there because supposedly his company doesn't pick up on that side of town. Crazy! Embassy suites off paradise road is the hotel.

That is weird, when i applied last year, you do not require to get a tech license. If anything, you get a tech license in your 2nd year.

Maybe you should double check with the school.

Thank you!

just finished my interview. i was the last one for the day so dr. fisher already had a long day. imo he asked some pretty tough questions if you didn't prepare any, and there was one question that really caught me off guard

overall, he wants your honest answer and for you to be relaxed. i think i did well and i am hoping for the best!:)

If you guys are looking for a place to stay look up the black stone hotel. It's 40 bucks and is walking distance to embassy suites. The rooms are nice too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

edit: ALSO this hotel has a courtesy shuttle, to and from the airport or the strip! Just call and they will pick u up.

Last edited:
Those writing portions make me nervous. Do you know an example of prompt a school might give?

Don't worry about the essay prompt, it's to see if you can put together a small essay (coherent)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I interviewed with Dr. Batz yesterday at 11AM, overall very laid back!

Now the waiting game, fingers crossed!

Don't worry about! Like the previous years, you guys should/will hear good news this coming friday!

Best wishes to everyone that interviewed! Hopefully you hear back sooner rather than later :)

just interviewed today with Dr. Batz!

it was a very laid back interview, but i'm not sure how i felt about it though.
my interview went by really fast. we ended up only talking for 20 minutes and i finished my essay in 10 mintues.
not sure what that means :(

just interviewed today with Dr. Batz!

it was a very laid back interview, but i'm not sure how i felt about it though.
my interview went by really fast. we ended up only talking for 20 minutes and i finished my essay in 10 mintues.
not sure what that means :(
I tend to think 25-30 minutes is ideal but I wouldn't stress it (I didnt keep track of mine lol). People can ramble on for an hour doesn't mean squat. The essay was quick for me too but I had to wait about 30 minutes because my interviewer (Dr.Fischer) had to come get me. Did he end with "if there was one seat left why should it be you?"

Last edited:
I tend to think 25-30 minutes is ideal but I wouldn't stress it (I didnt keep track of mine lol). People can ramble on for an hour doesn't mean squat. The essay was quick for me too but I had to wait about 30 minutes because my interviewer (Dr.Fischer) had to come get me. Did he end with "if there was one seat left why should it be you?"

he did ask that question. but he ended with something else i think.
ahhh i just hope something good came out of that~

Don't worry about! Like the previous years, you guys should/will hear good news this coming friday!

Hey Chris11792, I believe I remember seeing your name in last years thread, when did you get a reply? within the week? they are closing this week for the holidays :( do you think we will hear before that?!?

Yea i was on last years thread, i heard from them the last day they were open before the holiday break

Yea i was on last years thread, i heard from them the last day they were open before the holiday break

Wow I see! So that means if we don't hear anything from them this Friday, we can make an assumption we are put on a waitlist? Or will they also let us know about that as well?

You should hear by this Friday either way. That is the norm. Good luck! =]