UIC wants us to stop calling

Svande8952

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the email from UIC asking that the dental applicants stop calling and emailing? They list the applications as missing items, so people are calling to make sure there are no items missing, that is just their standard application status until you get an interview I think.

Dear DMD applicants,
We have received an inordinate number of application inquiries and I would like to address them.

Please note that we have just started our application process at UIC. Therefore, if you have paid your application fee recently, or recently took your DAT, it may not yet have been updated or accurately reflected on the AADSAS site. Please be assured that our staff is doing our absolute best to manually enter all the data, but this takes some time.

Our goal is to have files updated weekly and accurately reflected in the web portal.
Supplemental fees and application materials are being entered as quickly as possible and we appreciate your patience. Due to extremely high call and email volume, we are unable to answer individual inquiries at this time.

Thank you again for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.

Sincerely,

The DMD Admissions Staff

Members don't see this ad.

While I cannot speak for their office and the topic at hand, it's more effective to email our offices anyway. Yes, please note it takes time for us to update items on the portal so the more calls you make, the less opportunity we will have to update AADSAS.

FWIW, I never called and I don't really understand the point of doing so. As long as everything was submitted to and by the application system, the schools that want you will get in touch. I don't think that bugging the admissions people will help anyone's cause.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today saying my application is complete and now under review, despite the "incomplete" status on AADSAS!!!

I got an email today saying my application is complete and now under review, despite the "incomplete" status on AADSAS!!!
I had the same problem, i have no idea whether or not they have received all my info