Umn app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a call from Janet yesterday. Have it on August 10th but have rescheduled as have already booked the tickets for UCI interview on the same day.
Yay!!
Good luck guys:)
hey did you get a call as in a phone call? or an email?

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted application on June 21 and got a rejection letter today. The letter states that "you, at this time, have not been chosen for an interview.." Sad..

Hey sorry to hear that man ... dont loose hope... btw what are your stats ??? might help me evaluate my chances...
Submitted application on June 21 and got a rejection letter today. The letter states that "you, at this time, have not been chosen for an interview.." Sad..

Members don't see this ad :)
Then I won't apply there:( Thanks for sharing your awesome stats! But do you have two GPA? 3.92 or 4.0? And what is p.p.?

I have 2 gpa's as i am an mds in oral and maxillofacial surgery. 3.92 in bds, 4.0 in mds.
p.p. is private practice.

I got a call from Janet yesterday. Have it on August 10th but have rescheduled as have already booked the tickets for UCI interview on the same day.
Yay!!
Good luck guys:)

I got an interview call from UMN as well. Good luck everyone!

@all those who got iv invitation.pls share ur stats

83/2.97/97/masters in oral bio/DA for 2 yrs...can anyone advice if these stats appears to be good to apply to umn?

hey guys
I wanna tell you something before reading this thread, i was preparing for TOEFl to retake it again because my score is 89and i want to apply to UMN.

After reading this thread I have decided that I am not going to apply to this UNI.

it seems impossible for me to get accepted to this UNI and their advanced standing program as they only accept 10 students and they have already sent a rejection and invitation letter for interview.

Am I doing the right decision? My status is very bad 89/75/3.40 :(

Last edited:
Hey....same story....got the mail saying not interview today...but kept on the bench for later.So happy it was not a rejection letter and not so because its not an outright invitation to the interview.I guess the thing is to keep applying.No other choice.

I got a interview call for sep 21st... anyone else on the same date...???
Can someone who already interviewed please share what to expect in skills test ?

May I ask when u submitted you application?

Can someone who already interviewed please share what to expect in skills test ?

Hey....same story....got the mail saying not interview today...but kept on the bench for later.So happy it was not a rejection letter and not so because its not an outright invitation to the interview.I guess the thing is to keep applying.No other choice.

Will you share your stats please?

My interview is Oct 4:)
Anyone interviewing that day?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got interview call for sep 13. anyone else on the same date?
Can someone who already interviewed please share what to expect?

Received rejection from UMN today :(

Hopefully!! Just wish to make it to dental school!! Good luck to you and everyone!!:thumbup:

@dds134... hey do u know someone who got iv?by phone or by mail...?

Anyone for the iv in October? Janet called me in mid July to invite me for aug 10 iv, but had to cancel as I had my UIC the same day( I also got accepted there) So postponed to august 28 but again had my LLU that time. Finally got it for Oct 4.

Anyone who is done with the iv can u inform about the experience.. Would love to hear:)

got iv call for 29 nov. rejecting it.

Received rejection from UMN today :(

Rejections are a part of life...They ,make u stronger. I have been there , done that :)

Trust me, god has awesome plans for you:)

Does UMN send the rejection letters via mail?! I did not know that...

:( Hopefully you will be accepted to other schools

Hi guys did anyone get acceptance from umn for 2012 cycle..I got accepted and i wanna know who else got accepted...pls reply to this post..thanx

Hi,
My stats are part1 87,part2 79 and toefl 108..wat abt u? did u get accepted too...

The education credit hours must be 126 or above. what does this mean? On my ECE report it says 125 credit hours per semester. Does this mean i don't meet their standards? After going through 4 yrs n half plus one year internship!! Could some1 clarify?

i studied in a Govt college, and my GPA is 3.72....All subjects have been given a US credit of 7.50, total 17 subjects..so it's 127.5..What ECE made a mistake then?

Last edited:
The education credit hours must be 126 or above. what does this mean? On my ECE report it says 125 credit hours per semester. Does this mean i don't meet their standards? After going through 4 yrs n half plus one year internship!! Could some1 clarify?

i studied in a Govt college, and my GPA is 3.72....All subjects have been given a US credit of 7.50, total 17 subjects..so it's 127.5..What ECE made a mistake then?

You might want to check with ECE. With 7.50 US Credit and 17 courses - it does amke 127.5 total semester hours of credit.

Review again to ensure that all 17 courses are given 7.50. You did it from which country?

Also, note that it should be "Total Semester Hours of Credit" and not "Credit Hours Per Semester"

In my report its 18 courses for 7 credit hours each - Total = 126
- with no credit for Internship.

I hope this helps!

Hi everyone,

My stats are 85/3.65/113 and some US shadowing experience, research exp in home country adn paper presentations.

Planning on applying to UMN. Am I too late??

Hi,
My stats are part1 87,part2 79 and toefl 108..wat abt u? did u get accepted too...

Congratulations for the acceptance!
When was your interview?
What date you got the acceptance on?

Hi,

Hey Ashes
Congratulations on your acceptance.... tis about time :)
also check your inbox, I sent you a pvt msg !
Cheers !
Dkey

Hey Guys. Got an interview call for 29 november. Any female who wants to share accomodation.. My email id is [email protected]
Also, anyone has any idea wats there in skills assessment test..

Hey Guys. Got an interview call for 29 november. Any female who wants to share accomodation.. My email id is [email protected]
Also, anyone has any idea wats there in skills assessment test..

Hey,
I've been called for an interview on Dec 6th. You can read their FAQs for more info on the skills assessment. Good luck to you.

I have applied to UMN an waiting to hear something from them.

Could the posters please share their stats. Would give me an idea if I stand a chance. would really appreciate it.

Hey,
I've been called for an interview on Dec 6th. You can read their FAQs for more info on the skills assessment. Good luck to you.

Congratulations for ur interview. I just wanted to know if we can practice something at home or its just there n then..

I have applied to UMN an waiting to hear something from them.

Could the posters please share their stats. Would give me an idea if I stand a chance. would really appreciate it.

Hi,
My stats are NBDE part 1 -97
GPA- 3.96 (ece)
TOEFL - 108
No experience when i had sent in my application to them but after that i've managed 2 months of exp in home country and planning to do 2 weeks of observership in the US before my interview.

Congratulations for ur interview. I just wanted to know if we can practice something at home or its just there n then..

i wish someone who has taken the skills test could help us out but i don't think one can practise this really. they want to see how we sit, hold the hand piece, etc etc..

Hi guys did anyone get acceptance from umn for 2012 cycle..I got accepted and i wanna know who else got accepted...pls reply to this post..thanx

hey, congratulations!! i have been called for an interview at UMN in December. Would you mind giving an insight into the interview and especially the skills assessment test? Also, do you have any idea as to how many seats have been filled? they only have 10 :(

hey,
i had a few more questions if you don't mind. How long did they take to inform you about your result and how did they inform? email, snail mail or phone?

hey,
i had a few more questions if you don't mind. How long did they take to inform you about your result and how did they inform? email, snail mail or phone?

I got a mail from Umn saying they are keeping my file on hold. Is that how rejection letters are sent from Umn? Or are they really keeping me on hold?- What does this mean? Someone plz help..

Last edited:
I got a mail from Umn saying they are keeping my file on hold. Is that how rejection letters are sent from Umn? Or are they really keeping me on hold?- What does this mean? Someone plz help..

that means you're under consideration. don't give up hope i'd say

Hi,
My stats are NBDE part 1 -97
GPA- 3.96 (ece)
TOEFL - 108
No experience when i had sent in my application to them but after that i've managed 2 months of exp in home country and planning to do 2 weeks of observership in the US before my interview.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) :thumbup: GREAT SCORE!!! 97! WOW. ALL THE BEST. I just got a rejection from UMN. :(

Its a great school. All the best!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) :thumbup: GREAT SCORE!!! 97! WOW. ALL THE BEST. I just got a rejection from UMN. :(

Its a great school. All the best!!

hey, thanks! don't lose heart.. there is something better in store for you.. good luck!