UMN interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YEs i did get one for oct 31st. But I rescheduled it for Nov 7th. Does anyone know how many people are being interviewed??

Members don't see this ad.

YEs i did get one for oct 31st. But I rescheduled it for Nov 7th. Does anyone know how many people are being interviewed??

congrats for ur interview call.... so when did u get the call? was it thru email? when did u apply and get the complete status ...... plz share the info if u don mind... it will be helpful to those who r waiting..... to know whr we stand....thanks

After the huge disappointments during the last couple of interviews that I have been through, my expectations have been exceeded today... Blessed is whoever accepted at UMN. Amen!

Details may come tomorrow. I need some sleep!

Members don't see this ad :)
After the huge disappointments during the last couple of interviews that I have been through, my expectations have been exceeded today... Blessed is whoever accepted at UMN. Amen!

Hey Monreal:

It was nice to meet you... I am sure you will get an acceptance letter soon....
I just got home and I'm exhausted!!! Keep in touch...

Congratulations to everyone that was called.

Please read and take G3k advise to heart, she knows what she is talking about. With UMN you must be yourself 100%. Even though Dr.Berthold looks cool and sweet, but he is sharp, dont forget that he has 22 years of Pass interviews experince.

I love it here, even though I am resident of MN, but thank God I was accepted. It is realy worth every dime of my money:laugh:..

Well good luck.

Hey HIM how is it going? Nice to see you here....

Hey Monreal:

It was nice to meet you... I am sure you will get an acceptance letter soon....
I just got home and I'm exhausted!!! Keep in touch...

Thanks elto. Nice to meet you all, Snigdha, Naz, and specially Axis.
wish you all the best
...but he is sharp, dont forget that he has 22 years of Pass interviews experince.
No seriously, tell me about it :p. I had a list of hot questions (chairs count, requirements, ranking, loan for the first semester, etc...) but it was all answered before even asking... Man he knew all the questions that could be asked :eek:

I am not gonna talk about how friendly they were or how nice the interview was, because all the interviews are nice and stressfree these days! I think lots of people here would agree with that. I arrived early the day before the interview, so I had the whole day discovering the campus and the school. I talked with some students and faculty members. Here are what I found:

-The city is big. Really huge, but compared to NYC, Philly, or Boston, it doesn't seem so crowded, and a way less expensive.
-The campus is great, big, and clean. lots of green spaces. Amazing in fall time! tons of restaurants around it. Students everywhere, jogging, biking, or running back to school. They seem happy to be there. :cool: I used to love campus life when I was young:(
-The dental students are cool in general. I was offered help every five steps. It was obvious that someone starring at the ceiling needed some help! so I told them I was having interview the next day, and yes I heard it " we like it better when PASS students are here, they help us a lot!"
-Faculty are even friendlier. I got to talk for 45 minutes with a gentleman in the perio department, before discovering he was Dr. Bakdash, the Perio chairman. He is very nice and supporting. I met 2 more faculty members, but no more chairmen :p. same kindness!
-They will gradually digitize patients files and Xray. The bad news is that it would take 3-4 years to be fully digitzed.
- Simulation lab ( 20 seats??). well its not really important for PASS students because they may use it couple of months, but it a plus.
-The chairs are contained in units. Real walls separate the chairs. while in a previous interview, I saw a main clinic with 70 chairs next to each other like a Bazaar!
-Almost 1000 actual hours of clinic in D3. Other PASS programs usually give less than 650 hours (even less than that if you consider lack of chairs problems!)
-More than 1200 hours of clinic in D4. Again, they have enough chairs even if they doubles their class size!
- 8 weeks of externship. Which is good because the outreach patients are different than the school pool. you can see more cases and work four-handed dentistry!
- Assistants are available in the clinics. not 1 to 1 for sure, but at least you can find help if you are delivering a bridge or need a dry field.
- For the first time I ask about research without getting laughed at because " your schedule as D3 is already stuffed, why don't you figure out your survival first!". In UMN, I got some encouragement and "this is my card, give me a call". Well yea I know its almost impossible to do research in D3, but I like open doors:thumbup:
- No graduation requirements. Competencies, yess! I think its a good deal specially for PASS students. No stress, no need to do it 76876 times, just show that you can do things correctly, and you can concentrate on your field of interest.
- should I remember something, I will edit.

HIM0089 and g3k any comments, please!

did anyone else get calls form umn????? :confused:

It was nice meeting elto,axis and monreal.The interview was okk not very stressful.read your geagraphy.Lot of renovation gng on. Lot of mold in the building.If u have allergies pls take your anti-histamine.Gl

I am not gonna talk about how friendly they were or how nice the interview was, because all the interviews are nice and stressfree these days! I think lots of people here would agree with that. I arrived early the day before the interview, so I had the whole day discovering the campus and the school. I talked with some students and faculty members. Here are what I found:

-The city is big. Really huge, but compared to NYC, Philly, or Boston, it doesn't seem so crowded, and a way less expensive.
-The campus is great, big, and clean. lots of green spaces. Amazing in fall time! tons of restaurants around it. Students everywhere, jogging, biking, or running back to school. They seem happy to be there. :cool: I used to love campus life when I was young:(
-The dental students are cool in general. I was offered help every five steps. It was obvious that someone starring at the ceiling needed some help! so I told them I was having interview the next day, and yes I heard it " we like it better when PASS students are here, they help us a lot!"
-Faculty are even friendlier. I got to talk for 45 minutes with a gentleman in the perio department, before discovering he was Dr. Bakdash, the Perio chairman. He is very nice and supporting. I met 2 more faculty members, but no more chairmen :p. same kindness!
-They will gradually digitize patients files and Xray. The bad news is that it would take 3-4 years to be fully digitzed.
- Simulation lab ( 20 seats??). well its not really important for PASS students because they may use it couple of months, but it a plus.
-The chairs are contained in units. Real walls separate the chairs. while in a previous interview, I saw a main clinic with 70 chairs next to each other like a Bazaar!
-Almost 1000 actual hours of clinic in D3. Other PASS programs usually give less than 650 hours (even less than that if you consider lack of chairs problems!)
-More than 1200 hours of clinic in D4. Again, they have enough chairs even if they doubles their class size!
- 8 weeks of externship. Which is good because the outreach patients are different than the school pool. you can see more cases and work four-handed dentistry!
- Assistants are available in the clinics. not 1 to 1 for sure, but at least you can find help if you are delivering a bridge or need a dry field.
- For the first time I ask about research without getting laughed at because " your schedule as D3 is already stuffed, why don't you figure out your survival first!". In UMN, I got some encouragement and "this is my card, give me a call". Well yea I know its almost impossible to do research in D3, but I like open doors:thumbup:
- No graduation requirements. Competencies, yess! I think its a good deal specially for PASS students. No stress, no need to do it 76876 times, just show that you can do things correctly, and you can concentrate on your field of interest.
- should I remember something, I will edit.

HIM0089 and g3k any comments, please!

Excelent post!!

Excellent post monreal .. really helps !
Regards !

I just got a call from Dr. Berthold.... I have been accepted!!! I cannot describe how happy I am..... :banana::banana::banana: Doing the banana dance right now!!!!
Good luck to all of you waiting..... :thumbup:

congratulations elto. Party time for you....

I just got a call from Dr. Berthold.... I have been accepted!!! I cannot describe how happy I am..... :banana::banana::banana: Doing the banana dance right now!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
By the way... Is there an acceptance thread already? Couldn't find it....
I always dreamed of posting there.... :D

Congrats Elto and good luck for the others :luck:

Thank you Samyred.... I am sure you will get in too... You have great stats...

congrats elto.. u deserved it.... partyyy time..
U shld be relieved now :)

congrats elto.. u deserved it.... partyyy time..
U shld be relieved now :)

You bet!!!! It is like a dream.... I know you have interview soon so good luck, UMN is a beautiful school... Hope to see you there.... :thumbup:

Hi elto..
Lots of congrats..Wish u all the very best ahead..
I m new here..can u plz.. share ur stats n ur interview exp..Do we need to prepare nething for the interview... I applied quite late..Do I stand ne chance..

Hi
can u plz let us knw when u applied n when u got the call...It will be gr8 if u can share ur stats wid us..
Thanks

Congrats Elto and Jayashree!!

Just got the call from Dr. Berthold, accepetd at UMN. I am really surprised. GL everyone:D

Just got the call from Dr. Berthold, accepetd at UMN. I am really surprised. GL everyone:D

Congratulations!!! I am really happy for you!!!! Let's do the banana dance again...:banana::banana::banana:
See? Sometimes we think we did not do well and it is not true.... :)

Snigdha: Check your PM....:)

Congratulations elto and snigdha....

See you both in UMN..

Hi,
Any female ,preferably Indian willing to share accommodation in Minneapolis on oct 31 for the Umn interview ,any body interested pls PM me
Thanks,good luck everyone for the interviews:thumbup:

Hi,
Any female ,preferably Indian willing to share accommodation in Minneapolis on oct 31 for the Umn interview ,any body interested pls PM me
Thanks,good luck everyone for the interviews:thumbup:

Try to get over that. :)

hey Congrats Elto, Snigdha and Jayashree... :hardy:

and good luck to everyone else... may we all get to do banana dance soon...:thumbup:

any news anyone???? :confused:

anyone got a call for interview in Nov. pls share details

Hi: When did they inform you about the interview, just recently or few days back? Please let us know.

What is your national board score?

Hi: When did they inform you about the interview, just recently or few days back? Please let us know.

What is your national board score?

They called me almost 2 weeks back to confirm the interview time.

i got interview call from umn for nov 14th
any female going there too and willing to share accomadation please pm me

i got interview call from umn for nov 14th
any female going there too and willing to share accomadation please pm me

could u pltell us in how many days after u applied did u get ur interview call? thanks n good luck. also frs pl share ur stats if only u dont mind. i see umn is rejecting many of the applicants with even 89.........so the interiewees must b all 90+...........all assumptions. thanks.

Hi everyone,

Just wonder if it is too late to apply for UMN. It seems that 10 seats are already filled up based on this thread.
Thanks,

Emma

R u sure all 10 seats r filled?! i thought they had only 10 seats! and i have my interview coming up!
Hi everyone,

Just wonder if it is too late to apply for UMN. It seems that 10 seats are already filled up based on this thread.
Thanks,

Emma

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Emma

What?? I am sure that is not true... because Dr. Berthold specifically said that he will give the last interviewee a chance. It is only fair. I will find out for you guys. One of my classmates is literally the last student interviewed last year.

Calm down, friends! Dr. Berthold stressed during my i/v day that they would NOT fill all the seats before application deadline.

Please, read the following question from the UMN PASS FAQ:

21. Do you have a rolling enrollment or do you wait until after January 15, 2008 with the interviews and then make a decision?

We have combination of both these processes. That means that some individuals may be offered a position earlier than others. We will not fill all positions before the end of the application period. The last member of the current Junior class that started in May 2007, was interviewed the last day we had interviews.

Calm down, friends! Dr. Berthold stressed during my i/v day that they would NOT fill all the seats before application deadline.

Please, read the following question from the UMN PASS FAQ:

21. Do you have a rolling enrollment or do you wait until after January 15, 2008 with the interviews and then make a decision?

We have combination of both these processes. That means that some individuals may be offered a position earlier than others. We will not fill all positions before the end of the application period. The last member of the current Junior class that started in May 2007, was interviewed the last day we had interviews.

g3k and Axis,Thanks, guys! So you think it is still worth to have a try even it is a little bit late....
Emma

Hi people after a long wait UMN sent me letter which is neither a rejection nor a call. They said I am not selected for interview in this meeting but my application will remain active. And they will contact me if I get interview call later .

Cant believe that there can be a waiting list for interview call also. I thought waiting lists are only meant for admissions ! Ha Ha !:laugh::laugh: :D :)

Is anyone in the same boat ?

hey, i got the same reply too from UMN.

What?? I am sure that is not true... because Dr. Berthold specifically said that he will give the last interviewee a chance. It is only fair. I will find out for you guys. One of my classmates is literally the last student interviewed last year.

I remember that last year when I got interviewed on the 20th of December they had only 4 seats left... some people get acceptance letters and they decide to study elsewhere!

By the way, I really thought for a while that there was a bug on my screen lol

Good luck everyone.

i got the same letter today...:eek: