University at Buffalo - Class of 2018 Phamacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trixtherabbit1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else applying to University at Buffalo for Pharmacy this year?

It's my top choice for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm currently a second year pharmacy student at Buffalo. I applied through PharmCAS so if anyone has any questions about Buffalo, the school, applying etc please let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Last edited:
Hello! I'm currently a second year pharmacy student at Buffalo. I applied through PharmCAS so if anyone has any questions about Buffalo, the school, applying etc please let me know!

I will be e-submitting my Pharmcas application this week. What do you think the earliest I have a change of getting an interview may be? (I feel like I'm submitting way late)

Hi, I am currently a P1 student and applied through the PharmCAS system last year. Please feel free to ask any questions about the application process, interview process, or anything about the school and area.

I will be e-submitting my Pharmcas application this week. What do you think the earliest I have a change of getting an interview may be? (I feel like I'm submitting way late)

I personally received my offer of interview from UB 2 weeks after PharmCAS verified my application last year. The verification process took approximately a month after I e-submitted it so I basically received my interview offer about 6 weeks after I e-submitted my PharmCAS.

Hello, I am currently also a P1 in UB. Feel free to ask me any questions about the application process or the program. Good luck applicants!

Hi, I was offered an interview on Nov. 15. I was wondering if there was going to be a place to put my luggage and such. I'm flying in the morning and it might be weird to bring my stuff to the interview room.

Hi, I was offered an interview on Nov. 15. I was wondering if there was going to be a place to put my luggage and such. I'm flying in the morning and it might be weird to bring my stuff to the interview room.
Yes, there is a place for your luggage. Please bring it to Check in

Typically their first round of interviews is in November, it really depends on how many people they have offered an interview to at that time. Tough to say.

How is UB's GPA calculated for Pharmacy school? Is it pre-reqs GPA only? or PharmCas GPA?

Hello, I have just submitted my pharmcas application and I am waiting for it to be verified. Should I submit my supplementals for UB now? or wait until my pharmcas application is verified? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
How is UB's GPA calculated for Pharmacy school? Is it pre-reqs GPA only? or PharmCas GPA?

I believe it is the PharmCAS GPA. If you are applying through PharmCAS, it will calculate your GPA based on all the classes you've taken.

Hello, I have just submitted my pharmcas application and I am waiting for it to be verified. Should I submit my supplementals for UB now? or wait until my pharmcas application is verified? Thanks in advance!

You should submit your supplemental ASAP!

PharmCas will show overall GPA for all the classes you have taken but I believe UB will focus on your science and math courses.

Just got interview offer for Nov 15th. Pretty excited, this is one of my top choices. Just have to figure out how to get there...

Congrats! Feel free to ask any questions about the area and the interview process. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I hear there is an essay, group interview, and one on one interview. What kind of writing can I expect? Is it a personal essay or do they give some random topic I need to write about? Also, for the group interview are we split into groups, given a problem, and then asked to present it?

I hear there is an essay, group interview, and one on one interview. What kind of writing can I expect? Is it a personal essay or do they give some random topic I need to write about? Also, for the group interview are we split into groups, given a problem, and then asked to present it?

It's a short writing sample where you answer a question, usually an interview style question, not any full length essays or anything. So if you prepare adequately for the interview, you'll be fine! The whole interview group will be broken into 3 smaller groups, and for the group activity each smaller group will be given a scenario/situation and you will be asked to present on it. You'll discuss the scenario with your group and take turns presenting it. This activity is led by students so it's pretty low pressure!

This is kind of a random question but for those of you who didn't go to UB, how did you fulfill the BCH403 (Biochem) requirement? I was looking on TAURUS for equivalent courses of BCH403 but didn't find any. It's only offered in the fall and prereqs have to be done by the summer.

If necessary you can take prerequisites at another institution. If you find a course that you think may serve as the prerequisite, you can email the admissions office. They are extremely responsive and can answer any questions you have about completing prerequisites. [email protected]

Do they offer interviews every week? I got an interview offer for Nov 15th but I am afraid that I won't be prepared. I was wondering if it would be a better idea to push it back one week.

Do they offer interviews every week? I got an interview offer for Nov 15th but I am afraid that I won't be prepared. I was wondering if it would be a better idea to push it back one week.

The next interview session after the Nov 15th one is in January. Don't stress too much over the interview, it's a pretty easy process. If UB is one of your top choices, you should definitely attend the interview and get accepted as soon as possible! You'll usually hear back within a few days too.

Just had my interview today. What a great school! I hope I get accepted here... they said we will know by early next week!

Just had my interview today. What a great school! I hope I get accepted here... they said we will know by early next week!

Hope to see you here next year! You should hear back by Monday. Feel free to ask any other questions about the school!

Just got accepted! :) I have to figure out whether I can brave the cold for four more years lolllll.

Did you all get the reply back? I did not receive any emails yet.... :/

As long as the course title is Biochemistry, I think you'll be okay

Last edited:
Congrats to all the acceptees! See you all in the fall! Feel free to ask any questions about the school, housing, or anything in general!

Are any of you from California? I heard that many of the interviewees on Friday were from Cali.

Congrats to all the acceptees! See you all in the fall! Feel free to ask any questions about the school, housing, or anything in general!

Are any of you from California? I heard that many of the interviewees on Friday were from Cali.
I am :)

Congrats to you all who have been accepted! Can you guys share your stats if you don't mind? :)

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted~ Hope to see you all next year :D

A tip to the Cali and out of state students. If you plan to apply for NYS residency for in-state tuition the following year, try to live in a place where you can set up a utility in your name. You can look up more info but it should help the process and help you save monays from tuition!

To those who have already had their interviews, I'm looking for travel advice since I'm flying in from California and need accommodations suggestions. For out of state-interviewers where did you stay, what was the cost and what kind of transportation did you use between hotels/motels/airports? I'm trying to budget the trip accordingly, thanks for all the help in advance!

I stayed downtown at the Hyatt (got a great Hotwire deal). It was convenient because there is actually a subway/trolley that runs from the downtown area straight to the University.

Congrats to you all who have been accepted! Can you guys share your stats if you don't mind? :)

I got accepted. My overall GPA is 3.02, my science GPA is 2.75 and my pcat score overall was in the high 70s.[/quote]

Last edited:
I got accepted and currently go to Purdue university. My overall GPA is 3.02, my science GPA is 2.75 and my pcat score overall was in the high 70s.

Congrats. how long did it take for them to get back to you on an interview after you submitted your application? Thanks!

Congrats. how long did it take for them to get back to you on an interview after you submitted your application? Thanks!

i submitted my app and supplemental app around mid october and got my interview offer about two weeks later. but they might have rushed it so i could make it to the nov 15 intervuew

I have an interview on Feb. 7th. I am from Toronto. Does anyone know odds for international students? Is my interview too late?

I have interview on Feb. 7. I am from Toronto. Does anyone know odds for international students? Is my interview too late or I still have chance of getting in?

I have interview on Feb. 7. I am from Toronto. Does anyone know odds for international students? Is my interview too late or I still have chance of getting in?

Feb. isn't late at all! The odds for international students are the same, there's 1 student from Ottawa in P1 year. The associate dean said we usually have more Canadian students but declining numbers might be due to increasing tuition. So to answer your question, you have a perfectly good chance of getting accepted!

sigh... i submitted my supplemental application on Nov 20 and haven't hear anything from them at all...

So for the supplemental application, was it a just the survey or did they have an additional supplemental application after you submit your phamcas, survey, and pay the $50?

Did you try calling them for an update of your application?