University at Buffalo - Class of 2018 Phamacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sometimes I worry about how much emotional & financial stake that we as applicants & candidates put into the school(s) to which we plan to dedicate the next several years of our lives.
Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat after dreaming that my only acceptance so far this cycle was due to an admissions email made in error (nightmares, paranoia, nightmares!).

Earlier on in this cycle I received notification from another school thanking me for completing my supplemental application but when in actuality I had not...
Today I received an interview invite despite never having submitted a supplemental to SUNY. (But do not fret! I will let them know.)

So in conclusion, let us all take our acceptance emails with a grain of salt this year. You can never really know for sure...
In the mean time, best wishes and best of luck to all!

Well I hope my acceptance e-mail was not an error!!

I received mine this morning. For those of you who are wondering, I interviewed on Feb 28th. I was definitely not expecting to hear back this quickly!!

Interviewed 2/28 and got accepted today! yay!

Well I hope my acceptance e-mail was not an error!!

I received mine this morning. For those of you who are wondering, I interviewed on Feb 28th. I was definitely not expecting to hear back this quickly!!
What group were you in? and congrats :)

i could be wrong though.. 1 may be the highest score, but then that wouldnt make sense that i had 5 (worst answer) circled all across the board, haha.
Thanks for your post. We actually don't use an assessment rubric with numbers 1 through 5. Students should feel free to ask us any questions that we can assist with.
UB SoPPS

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 2/28 and was wait listed. It was my number one choice since I attended UB for undergrad, definitely bummed out. Doubt anyone declines an offer from them.

I wonder how the interview will be evaluated ? My interviewer only mark down the questions that I answered without making any note . Is that good or bad ?

Has anyone applied to UB's on campus apartments yet? How does the process go? Do I just pick an apartment I want to live in (haven't found a roommate yet but I don't want to live alone bc it's too expensive) or does the school pick one for me based on availability? I'm a little confused, can someone please help clarify this. Thanks.

Has anyone applied to UB's on campus apartments yet? How does the process go? Do I just pick an apartment I want to live in (haven't found a roommate yet but I don't want to live alone bc it's too expensive) or does the school pick one for me based on availability? I'm a little confused, can someone please help clarify this. Thanks.

You'll get an apt. dont worry. If you need a roommate they'll match you. Choose a roommate, its way too expensive to live on your own unless you live on South Campus. In terms of "getting your moneys worth" i'd go with.....

1. Sweethome (if you wait till the summer they have deals going on that gets you $200 off, it happens every year, there will be space)
2. Villas
3. Hadley/Flint
4. Southlake

You'll get an apt. dont worry. If you need a roommate they'll match you. Choose a roommate, its way too expensive to live on your own unless you live on South Campus. In terms of "getting your moneys worth" i'd go with.....

1. Sweethome (if you wait till the summer they have deals going on that gets you $200 off, it happens every year, there will be space)
2. Villas
3. Hadley/Flint
4. Southlake
Thanks for the advice. I noticed that you said your were from UB undergrad, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. Which is the best apartment on campus (newest, more quiet/no partying, less undergrads). From the packets they gave me, it seems like south lake apartments is the best one. Which do you recommend.

Thanks for the advice. I noticed that you said your were from UB undergrad, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering. Which is the best apartment on campus (newest, more quiet/no partying, less undergrads). From the packets they gave me, it seems like south lake apartments is the best one. Which do you recommend.

I lived on south campus my entire time there (cant beat $285 rent and most of my classes were in the Pharmacy building and thats on South campus). I had friends that lived in the on campus apartments though. The on campus ones (Southlake, Hadley, Flint) are all located on the North campus and are literally all the same on the inside. Southlake is a bit more secluded and has a nice view in the summer. I dont think its worth the price because you can live at Sweethome or Villas for relatively the same price and in my opinion they are 100x nicer with better amenities.

Newest - Villas on Rench (jacuzzi, 24 hour gym, lounges, fully furnished, real nice)
Quietest - Southlake
Least Undergrads - all of them have around 75-90% undergrads, most grad students live around South campus
Most bang for your buck - Sweethome

Interviewed last Friday, just got email offers wait list =/

2. Villas
3. Hadley/Flint
4. Southlake

I'm out of state, and I remember they said something about having to live off campus to get in-state residency after 1 year? Do you know if those apartments apply to that, or do you have to get a lease to a place that is not affiliated with those complexes? Thanks for your help!

I recommend Merrimac, Englewood, Heath. In that order. Dont live on anything past Winspear.

Hey everyone. I just got an email about a reading requirement, I think it's The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates, by Wes Moore. What class is this for? Is this new or something, have other students from past years do this?

Hey guys, I am from Toronto and I have not found a place to live in! If anyone needs a roommate, please let me know!

hey, can someone post the tentative schedule for orientation if they have it. they sent out an email a while ago saying it was on Facebook, but since i don't have one i can't see the schedule. thank you!

Thursday (Must dress professionally this day): 8:30 - Breakfast & Check in, 9 - Welcome & Overview, 9:15 - Student, Professional, and Community Affairs, 10 - Dean's Alumni Ambassador Panel, 11 - White Coat Ceremony Info Session, 11:15 - Class of 2018 Photo, 11:30 - 1 - rotations of Student Montage Photos, Computer Lab Overview, Meet Student Organizations, 1 - Luncheon, 1:45 - Travel to North Campus, 2:30 - Line up in Slee Hall, 3 - White Coat Ceremony & reception

Friday (Can dress casually this day): 8:30 - Breakfast & welcome, 8:40 - UB Reads, 9:45 - 11:15 - rotations of Library Overview, PharmSpeak, Student Wellness Team, 11:15 - Lunch & What to Expect as a PharmD Student, 12:15 - Progressions, required/elective courses, special programs, advising, 1:45 - IPPE's, 2:45 - Financial Aid overview, 3:45 - UB Reads

Sorry if it's hard to read...

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else applying to University at Buffalo for Pharmacy this year?

It's my top choice for sure.
Anyone else applying to University at Buffalo for Pharmacy this year?

It's my top choice for sure.
I am currently a P3 student in the Pharm.D program at the University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences and i also currently serve as a Dean's student ambassador assisting students transitioning into the Pharm.D program. I applied through PharmCAS and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have!

From what I've heard, the questions are weird and have nothing to do with your motivation in pharmacy. When you have the chance to ask questions, try to make a conversation and sneak in your motivation. Anyway, here are some sample questions:
1) What was the funniest thing you observed with your roomate? How did you react?
2) What issue/current events is most interesting to you? Why?
3) How do you overcome adversity/stressful times?
I forget the rest - but yeah, these questions were way out of left field and I had to think on my toes to get my answers across. The school itself is nice, and it is roughly $12-$13,000 per year, so it's RELATIVELY cheap. My only bad thing to say about this school is that you WILL be competing with grads from D'Youville, which is a few miles away, for nearby intern positions and what-not. Have a car so you can drive to that location which isn't saturated by students in the Buffalo area. I'm not sure what the job prospects around the western NY area look like, but I can tell you NYC has reached its tipping point.

Hi for those who attend University of Buffalo, how challenging is the curriculum and program? How difficult is it to keep the GPA requirement?