University of Arizona c/o 2024?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
20 days left but hey whose counting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like every single family member who wants to know what we’re all doing in 6 mos! For the one thousand twenty seventh time....I don’t know yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Whose getting nervous! 11 more days guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Like every single family member who wants to know what we’re all doing in 6 mos! For the one thousand twenty seventh time....I don’t know yet.

I want to tattoo this on my forehead

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
I want to tattoo this on my forehead

I’m texting a family member right now saying “I DON’T KNOW! Remember I said like February?” Ughhhh

The real question is.... what time on the 31st will we be notified haha :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users
The real question is.... what time on the 31st will we be notified haha :unsure:

Considering they are 2 hours behind me, i would think about 7 ish eastern time? Usually at the end of day so they can wait till the next day to answer questions

I have been thinking about this too lol. I have my interview on the 31st at another school and when I found out Arizona is going to be sending invites out on the 31st, I am thinking oh great, cue the anxiety on interview day lol

Is it bad I want to go to the interview just so I could have an excuse to visit the Grand Canyon :giggle:

Reactions: 2 users
Is it bad I want to go to the interview just so I could have an excuse to visit the Grand Canyon :giggle:

It’s about a 6 hour drive from Tucson, about 4 from Phoenix. I went last April to the Canyon!
I really wanna visit Sedona, the Desert Museum, and the Wildlife Center!!!

It’s about a 6 hour drive from Tucson, about 4 from Phoenix. I went last April to the Canyon!
Sedona :love: Pretty much the only place in Arizona I’d be willing to live haha

I highly recommend a visit to the Desert Museum :giggle:

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have been trying to research more into this and I am not finding a concrete answer. Hoping someone here can answer this. If UA does not receive full accreditation after its first graduating class (or whenever they apply for the full accredited status), how much does that impact the graduates from the school. Would they be able to take the NAVLE? Would there be restrictions by certain states where you wouldn’t be able to practice? I guess I am just trying to make sense about what the worst case scenario looks like being part of an inaugural class.

So I have been trying to research more into this and I am not finding a concrete answer. Hoping someone here can answer this. If UA does not receive full accreditation after its first graduating class (or whenever they apply for the full accredited status), how much does that impact the graduates from the school. Would they be able to take the NAVLE? Would there be restrictions by certain states where you wouldn’t be able to practice? I guess I am just trying to make sense about what the worst case scenario looks like being part of an inaugural class.
If it does not gain full accreditation it seems it would go to terminal accreditation if an appeals process failed. All of the procedures are listed in the link below. But basically, they’d have to establish to the AVMA COE how they would go about giving the students they have a proper education, cannot admit more students, and may set up for students to transfer to other schools. But if they lost accreditation you wouldn’t be hung out to dry.

If it does not gain full accreditation it seems it would go to terminal accreditation if an appeals process failed. All of the procedures are listed in the link below. But basically, they’d have to establish to the AVMA COE how they would go about giving the students they have a proper education, cannot admit more students, and may set up for students to transfer to other schools. But if they lost accreditation you wouldn’t be hung out to dry.

Thats very helpful! Thank you so much for responding.

I applied to several schools this cycle, and u of a is my last hope this year :’). This process has seriously taken a toll on me, and I’m hopeful to hear good news from Arizona but I’m not going to bank on it. I hope if any of you that are in the same boat as me hopefully are given a chance at u of a ❤️.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users
I applied to several schools this cycle, and u of a is my last hope this year :’). This process has seriously taken a toll on me, and I’m hopeful to hear good news from Arizona but I’m not going to bank on it. I hope if any of you that are in the same boat as me hopefully are given a chance at u of a ❤.
Keep a positive mindset! This process is VERY competitive. Hopefully we’ll hear good news from U of A soon :)

I applied to several schools this cycle, and u of a is my last hope this year :’). This process has seriously taken a toll on me, and I’m hopeful to hear good news from Arizona but I’m not going to bank on it. I hope if any of you that are in the same boat as me hopefully are given a chance at u of a ❤.
At most schools their acceptance rate is somewhere around 10% or so. Overall, around 50% of applicants get accepted each year. Between 7,000 and 8,000 applicants apply. That means about 4,000 people in a given cycle know how it feels to not get in. Not that that makes it sting any less if it happens, but a whole lot of people are in the same boat.

I applied to several schools this cycle, and u of a is my last hope this year :’). This process has seriously taken a toll on me, and I’m hopeful to hear good news from Arizona but I’m not going to bank on it. I hope if any of you that are in the same boat as me hopefully are given a chance at u of a .

We are all in this together!

Reactions: 3 users

You and I are in the exact same boat! Hopefully we get a chance! Regardless, I'm rooting for all of you!

We all got this! Each of us will get into a program that is specifically made for everyone of us. This cycle isn’t over yet!

Reactions: 4 users
I have been thinking about this too lol. I have my interview on the 31st at another school and when I found out Arizona is going to be sending invites out on the 31st, I am thinking oh great, cue the anxiety on interview day lol
Did you get an interview at Tuskegee?

Hello, I just received my Interview Invite from University of Arizona DVM Program!

Interview! I picked Saturday. The email came at 7:01

Congrats! I’m guessing I didn’t get an interview :( I didn’t get an email.

It’s really early in this schools process to give up on yourself now. It’s going to be ok!

Interview invite!

congrats everyone :’)

Congrats! I’m guessing I didn’t get an interview :( I didn’t get an email.

Same here. It’s okay. *hugs*

Just breathe, it’s not the end of our journey to becoming a DVM. Not yet. Not even close! We can’t give up!

Interview invite!!! So excited that I can't even process it, just sitting here staring into space. LOL.

It is possible they will send more out if people decline. We have to respond by Feb 9th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

IS or OOS interviews going out rn? Or both? Lol freaking rn

Got nothing here :shrug: (Same with 2 of my friends... guess they don’t likes New Yorkers haha)

I’m hoping they’ll send more interview invites out tomorrow? Maybe? Wishful thinking

I’ll be declining my interview invite so hopefully that helps someone else out!

Flights and Air BNB booked! So excited!!

Who else picked Saturday for their interview date? ‍♀️

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations all you interviewees! Wishing you all the best!